Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 1)

Was at a well know nursery In FC this last week and I struck up a conversion with local employee and asked what their remedy for grasshopper control ? They use a product called NOLO bait they state it works rather well … didn’t see much damage on their plants but wondering if any one has used such a product for how it’s made seems simple but the online price found here is kinda pricey IMO

2 Likes

It looks good, I have something devastating my cauliflower atm, I have red cabbage right next to them and they are untouched. I think it’s leaf hoppers.

2 Likes

@Shadey Could it be caterpillars?.. those damn adult moths lay eggs in there and wreck havoc in shit sorry to hear about it man and Hope ya get it under control.

2 Likes

Hey @legalcanada. I started using them about 3 rounds ago. They do have a noticeable boost to buds. It’s easy to use too much. Very strong shit. I love it!

Take care brother…
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Good ole Dr Bronners

7 Likes

Betcha the peppermint would also act like a good deterrent as well

6 Likes

Quick question about the in and outs of pins when I pin something like my personal thread will everyone see it or just me at the top of my page? I’d like to keep my personal dairy at top for easier access

2 Likes

Globally pin topic is available to leaders+ (one of the enabled moderation tools), it will pin the topic globally with some options to the timeframe.

Though, there is also the ability to pin a topic within a certain category. Which, I believe will also have the same effect for those visiting a specific category but I’m uncertain if this is specific to the user. You could try it, and I’ll let you know if I see it as being pinned.

3 Likes

Was wondering if I could make this? already have the wheat bran from making bokashi years ago, buy just getting a bag and propagating it up to say 5-10 pounds in like an anaerobic ferment like bokashi @ReikoX you have any thoughts on this? Any bokashi makers out there?

1 Like

This is going to be a long shot but I figured here would be as good a place as any to ask.
Does anyone have the recipe for synthesising Lysergic acid diethylamide? I had 2 years ago along with the formulas and processes for several other fun clandestine substances but cannot find my notebook anywhere.

4 Likes

Looking to up my paraphernalia so Iv been looking at utilizing hemp wick for my flaming purposes been looking at a few on amazon interested in wick , wick holders with lighter accessories and such . What do others use here to make things easier? Recommendations welcome!

4 Likes

I tried the hamp wick, but IMO it stinks when it goes out and is dirty, leaving soot everywhere.

4 Likes

I agree with Reiko abut the hemp wick. It burns too quick, produces smoke as it burns, and dumps a ton of ash everywhere. A roll of hemp wick is pretty expensive for the amount of use you get out of it.
Also, good luck getting a roll that doesn’t reek of cheap head shop incense.

I do find the hemp wick useful as wax coated twine. I actually use it to tie my plants when necessary. The wax coating makes it easy to work with, and it protects the fiber from mold/ moisture when used in gardening.

I have also used it to make non slip grips for tools and lighters by winding the wick around the handles.

7 Likes

could be a useful basket weaving material if you wanted to make planters or hanging baskets.

5 Likes

LOL check it out.

Even Softer, More Comfortable - Breathes But Doesn’t Inhale

One touch of our improved Hemp Shirt and you’ll be seriously blissed out. That’s because we now give the crisp, lightweight fabric a mellowing prewash to produce an intensely soft and buttery texture – feels so good it oughta be illegal! Woven from the stems instead of the outlawed leaves, hemp is the perfect escape from oppressive heat and humidity. Made of 5.3-oz. 55% hemp/45% ultra-soft organic cotton, with our F.O.M.™ (Freedom of Movement) Armpit Gussets, two shoulder pleats and a locker loop in back. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

4 Likes

If I were to throw down some CBD hemp bag seed what’s the chance that they be auto’s or feminized for the matter … material comes from a relatively large CBD hemp farm.

5 Likes

Give it a shot…maybe Auto, Reg (male AND female), you MAY even get some to “Winter-over”. Just depends on genetics, in my basic-opinion. Nature’s way to ensure species’ survival.

5 Likes

Not only that…but they will help keep the freezer cold and not work as hard when the power is on. I have 4 litre milk jugs full of water/ice lining the bottom of our 4 footer.

4 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if there are forums like ours but instead of growing herb they grow those other two plants that are also naughty… I wonder how big those communities are. I’m not gonna Google that one tho :joy::joy: just would be funny cuz it’s like an alternate reality og

4 Likes

If you are talking about the fungal one, then I know of at least one. If you are talking about “flower” sites, there are a few, most dealing with making teas. As to the “leafy” plants, I don’t think I have ever seen any.

5 Likes