Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

Ughā€¦ This is the level hubris we are now having to deal with on a regular basis in the greater Toronto area as it seems more folks growing up around here were never taught consequences for their actions + respect for the well being of othersā€¦

Kid didnā€™t have a full licence and decided it was acceptable to do this with his Daddyā€™s $49,500 STARTING PRICE mercedes c63 amgā€¦

I fucking hate these type of people and itā€™s a big part of why I now find myself often staying at home in my garden.

5 Likes

As a general rule, people suck and I hate them. Exceptions are made on a case by case scenerio.

8 Likes

I swear I JUST got your newsletter about this @FiveGar.

2 Likes

This!.. I couldnā€™t agree moreā€¦

2 Likes

thats 191 mphā€¦ holy crap!!!

I did push 120 mph twice in a daytona I had. I was 19 and dumb. When you realize how far you travel per second, if anything jumped out (I live in the woods, not uncommon for critters to be in the road), you have ZERO chance of reacting, and any reaction becomes a chain reaction of bad thingsā€¦ Yeah once I did the math, logic took overā€¦ I canā€™t imagine 191 mphā€¦

6 Likes

In traffic court once and a kid asked for leniency/traffic school for doing 96. Judge told the young man small planes take off at 90 so no, he wasnt going to cut him slack.

3 Likes

Hilarious!!! Judge, ā€œWhere do you think you were going with that car, airborne!?ā€ :ghost: :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™ve driven 120 in a Dodge Stealth tt (Mitsubishi 3000gt) no lie fastest car I have ever driven.
Very underrated

5 Likes

150 on my suzuki Gsxr splitting lanes.
That was before my lady decided it was getting parked 4 yrs ago .
But my Lexus GS 350 we would do 140 on open hwy tho.
Iā€™ve been on a tool road in Irvine calif with a chp officer doing 90.

2 Likes

My dad races Sprint cars
My son Raced Mx dirt bikes so everything in our family was fast
Shit my mom just sold her Roush 500 when she retired a couple yrs ago and my 60 yr old woukd race people lol

1 Like

I pegged the needle on my 900 Kawasaki Z1 a few times as a stupid kid until I caught a gust at around 120 MPH and the front end came up off the road.
Iā€™m still trying to work out the pucker factor!
:joy:
Truly , itā€™s surprising many of us are not worm castings right now.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s the Truth
@MoBilly
I had a 6 speed go cart and that was the most fun on the street lol.

Does going downhill with a bicycle without brakes count!?
What about doing 50 MPH / 80 Kmh on a 1.30 m skateboard, lying down, motorcycle helmet!!?? Some people are just a bit crazy! :flushed: :scream: :hugs:

3 Likes

Absolutely peddle bikes count! I have three old breaks on my arms to prove they count!
:+1:

4 Likes

I worked at GM proving grounds for a bit. I was transport.
We would have to drive the test cars for the engineers to test. Sometimes they would let us drive the courses depending on what they were looking for.
I drove in a cyclone with what became one of the corvettes. You go so fast then start climbing up the wall! Talk about a fast trip!!
That was one scary experience being up that wall! I never wanted to do it again!! :flushed:

5 Likes

Everything Fast was the past.
I still have my bike but not registered in 4 yrs

3 Likes

Yeah, I had a Shelby-Z Daytona, that little 2.2 Turbo was such a sleeper in that car. Mustang 5.0ā€™s all day long, they got me off the line, but let that turbo spin up and sayanora baby! At 120 though the electronic governor kicks in, electronic shut down till 99mph, basically no more go juice, but ya still had power steering, brakes, etcā€¦

The biggest issue, it was a FWD car, and the half shaft / CV joint couldnā€™t deal with the torque. I went thru 6 of em on the driver side, but by the time I did #6 I could replace it in 45 mins. LOLā€¦

That was a fun carā€¦ even had wide low profile tires, 255/50 15ā€™s if I remember correctly, no sidewall, but wide as hell, and man stickier than glue (but ya also went thru em 10x quicker than /60 tires with harder compounds cause it was just so much fun to push it thru S turns)

4 Likes

Weak sauce, ya gotta be standing up! (I have a friend who invented the Zap Strap, wearable battery pack for his custom electric skateboard. He rode that to my street, from the next town over, on the roads (almost all uphill) at 35-45mph standing the whole way. Two things to note: heā€™s a sick ass boarder, and these boards are like $4k all terrain boards that heā€™s custom built, and second, heā€™s one crazy mofo. Potholes, crappy roads, animals, up hill, at night, and about 18 miles on the road? He does go full gear, helment, knee / elbow pads, leathers and glovesā€¦ Its literally the sickest board I have ever seen in my lifeā€¦

Edit, on known flat ground heā€™s been clocked at 68mphā€¦

2 Likes

No lie, Id hang out with that guy. Dudes gotta have stories. And we can duet.

1 Like