Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

Ok bud, I will send you some more if needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

when a site tailors your views into an echo chamber it can lead to you feeling validated when your views are just moronic and selfish. most sites are moving to that kind of shit now days. no facebook instagram or twitter for me either.

7 Likes

that would be sweet but lets see if i get at least 3 females and how they turn out. maybe i find a keeper off the bat!

1 Like

Cool, you know where to find me rollitup

1 Like

You arenā€™t alone in your dismay. People are really intensely polarized and it is truly scary. Iā€™ve had multiple dear friends wish death on me and anyone that thinks like me to my face in the past year.
Iā€™m a warrior but I donā€™t want war. I like it soft and sweet and cooperative. If anyone knows of an island we can escape to Im all earsšŸ¤£

7 Likes

That BS is one of the main reasons I donā€™t mess with ANY ā€˜social mediaā€™ other than here!!

4 Likes

The internet is a total shit show. Dont think it matters what community your talking about. Itā€™s not worth diving into though so I just ignore most of it. What we all need to do is speak up when you encounter these idiots in the real world. Try acting like you would on the internet to my face and I wonā€™t ignore it.

Some punk kid tailgated me dangerously for awhile, then passes me and gives me the finger a couple months ago. This happened two minutes from my house. Nothing but neighborhoods around. Good chance we live close to each other. Good chance you see me again some day. Decent chance we know each other even. And this is how you act? Like your totally insulatedā€¦bulletproofā€¦sitting behind a computer. Itā€™s this internet asshole tough guy act spilling into my life that bothers me. Back in the day you thought before you said and did shit because there were consequences to saying shit to another manā€¦or his wife.

So this idiot turns into my neighborhood. Turns out he lives one street down. I drove to my house and took my kid inside. Got back in my car and went to say hi. I pounded on that door like the cops serving a warrant. He answered the door looking real shook. I informed him I was the guy he was just tailgating and giving the finger to. Told him if he ever endangered my kid again Iā€™d beat his face in until his mommy wouldnā€™t recognize him. He looked like he was gonna cry as I turned to leave. Bet he thinks twice before acting like an asshole out in the real world again.

17 Likes

Letā€™s just hope that taught him and what you said is right cuz. Highly unlikely though, most Aā€™holes donā€™t really learn until someone does beat on em like a toy drum!
Itā€™s mostly thnx to the online anonymity of the internetā€¦ ā€˜mostlyā€™.

8 Likes

I think it impacted the kid. He was probably 17. Probably never had a man in his face before. I bet thatā€™s just what he needed.

Sure there were always assholes. Just feels like most of them could fight 20 years ago.

Now it just feels like they feel safe.

5 Likes

Same with me. Itā€™ been weeks since I went onā€¦ and they keep trying to remind me of tons of things happeningā€¦ my aā€¦!

Morning everyone!!

3 Likes

I deleted my facebook many years ago and never joined the others. I donā€™t see why weed boards would be immune to keyboard warriors. Check out the things that make you go hmmm thread, those same voices are here too you just have to ignore them. Some people after a certain amount of media are radicalized and not even their families can bring them back to reality. I think all these memes are fun at first but imagine if the dictators of the twentieth century had these accounts and followings. Itā€™s a terrible invention that is playing havoc with peoplesā€™ minds. And social media was designed to by addictive. I think in the future some day we will go after all media the way we did the cigarette industry in the 90s: We admit itā€™s poison that only exists as a business and we stop marketing it to kids.

As far as this is a community and how could anyone think like that and blablabla that is a bit niave. Wtihout being too salty Iā€™m really trying to be nice and control myself, but this is the internet itā€™s 2021, try not to be so shocked by anything anymore nothing should be that far out of bounds.

I personally canā€™t stand the sex, religion, politics, money etc talk and am glad this site is mostly on topic weed related it makes it more of a joy to read and I hope it stays that way. There are plenty of other shark tanks and facebooks to pollute the internet.

4 Likes

They couldnā€™t fight then eitherā€¦ Keyboard muscles are realā€¦ Been around since forums were invented.

Been months here. I still keep in touch with my sisters via messenger, but scrolling thru the FB feed, to see what everybodys been eating? See a ton of political drama? No thank you.

Funny, but you can see FB grasping at straws to bring people back. A few ā€œsuggested friendsā€ recently - one hadnā€™t logged on since 2008, 3 are people I donā€™t know, nor do we even have mutual friends, and another was an alternate account of someone I had ignored previously.

Thats why I donā€™t bother with FB now, and havenā€™t had other social media to begin with. Donā€™t get me wrong, I can laugh at blue collar humor, stuff thats not PC and politics, but for most it just riles them up. Many get offended at the slightest thing, and many are way on the other side of the line and never get offended. That brings you to ā€œwhos right is more importantā€, which is BS cause we all have the same rights. Common decency is the missing factor here. People get their soapbox (choose your social media flavor) and think they need to announce everything to the world. No need toā€¦

Politics and religion always gets ugly, no matter how good the intentions are, thats some muddy waters Iā€™d rather avoid.

Being on forums over 20 years now, I can say Iā€™ve seen one thing in common with the successful ones. They keep things ā€œFamily Friendlyā€ and on topic. Otherwise they are just the same as any of the other ā€œshark tanksā€ out there.

I used to HAVE to have FB for work. Since I no longer work for that company, I am logging in once in a blue moon, check on my sisters, then I go find something to read and learn from :smiley:

5 Likes

It is a weird phenomenon how people will say things online they wouldnā€™t in person. I got my AOL account suspended by being an idiot in chat rooms. I was always pretty respectful in person unless people showed that other treatment was deserved. I was also a kid. Adults doing it is more peculiar to me. I caught my daughter being mean to an ex friend or some girl she was feuding with or whatever nonsense online. I told her to get her butt in the car and we drove over there. I told her if you wonā€™t go say it to her face in front of me and her parents then donā€™t say it online. She obviously didnā€™t want to get out and continue that conversation in person with an audience so maybe a lesson learned.

7 Likes

Went out this morning to walk the dogs and found this weird track in the driveway. Critter dragging another critter maybe? :thinking:

6 Likes

@Floyd Dog with a long shlong!!!

3 Likes

I have said point blank to asshats in my face in real life: ā€œHAVE YOU EVER BEEN PUNCHED IN THE FACE?ā€

This was not a threat, but a firmly delivered question. They almost always answer: ā€œNO?ā€, which I respond immediately:

ā€œThat explains you a lot. HAD YOU HAVE BEEN APPROPRIATELY PUNCHED IN THE FACE for the things you say and do, you MAY ACTUALLY have learned respect for yourself and the other around you by now. Your parents are failures.ā€

Itā€™s the parent ding out of nowhere that always gets em :laughing:

3 Likes

Werenā€™t you a long running judge at the Mr Tight Buns competitions?

Identity politics are a hell of a drug.

They do and itā€™s a a big problem. They grew up in ā€œtime outā€ households and they were told they were special just for showing up and given participation trophies. The never ended had a random person put them on their ass for being a shitting on the floor of society. There are people walking around out there who would benefit greatly from a ā€œtune upā€, someone to come along who just isnā€™t tolerating their bullshit and taxes them for it. I know society would definitely benefit. Plus when kids these days get in fights they kick and stomp heads automatically like theyā€™re fighting to the death. Just no concept of anything.

Most of us werenā€™t cooped up behind computers 20 years ago though which is what he was most likely referring to.

I would love to be able to see the reaction if a keyboard warrior was shown a picture of me and told that I was the one they just cursed out and that Iā€™m on the way over :laughing: Iā€™m not saying Iā€™m some badass but Iā€™m a fairly big dude and someone they definitely wouldnā€™t say shit to in person.

I do miss the wild west of COD4 servers though. The horrible things everyone used to say to to each other were part of the fun. Now you get banned for joking around and telling someone they suck.

4 Likes

Nope, unless it was sticking out sideways somehow. Deformed dog shlong. :thinking:

2 Likes

@Floyd Follow the tracks, come back and tell us what you found!! :flushed: Curious!

2 Likes

I got told to burn in hell by some cry baby I killed a lot in one game. Im old and not a very good player, so he was really crap. lol

1 Like