Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 2)

It’s already happening. :stuck_out_tongue: Amazon warehouses have more robot employees than humans…

1 Like

The person who’s gonna go on to make a good life for themselves…

I worked in my towns McDonalds WAY back when… I don’t give a damn if you work at McDonalds, or Sachs 5th Avenue, pride in your work is about YOU, not where you work…

Sure, where you work might help you in that aspect, but don’t place the onus of YOU having self respect on a companies ability to teach you how to do a simple job. If you aren’t trying to improve yourself, the only one you can blame is you in the end. Our education system isn’t helping, but I can’t fault that entirely on the education system either.

4 Likes

Those things are awesome! Thats for dangerous slopes (I know a landscaper who was killed by flipping a ride-on zero turn on a hill). But that definitely fits, as does drone pilots :wink:

1 Like

People who are forced into doing jobs they don’t like and have no passion for rarely put forth their best effort. I worked in my town’s Burger King way back when, and I didn’t give a damn about that job. In jobs that I chose, I actually cared and put forth my best effort… pretty sure my lack of focus at Burger King was not about my lack of self-respect or education, but about my lack of enthusiasm for that particular job. I had no interest in running a fast-food restaurant and no natural inclination for customer service, so I did the job I was hired for and then got the hell out of there, just like most of the other employees. Then, at the end of the summer, I went back to school. Like many of the other employees. Maybe the adults left and went to night classes, I don’t know because I honestly didn’t care enough about the job to learn anything about anyone there. I showed up, I did the minimum to keep my job, and I left after collecting my paycheck. Maybe you can motivate yourself to do an excellent job at a McDonalds, but I can’t, and my effort to improve myself wasn’t focused on improving my job performance.

2 Likes

See? Here’s the thing.
It doesn’t matter who you are working for. Do a good job. Learn. Figure out how to be a better employee. I don’t care if you’re raking leaves or designing spaceships. You are hired to do your best. If you’re not giving 100% then you are stealing from your boss.
If you want a better job, there’s no better time to look for something better than when you’re already employed. At least you can pick and choose your own path.
Again, I blame us older folks for not instilling that kind of work ethic.

3 Likes

I worked there when I was 14 or 15… And it wasn’t focusing on improving my job performance. It was doing what I was paid to do. If I didn’t like it, well, go find another job (I then went on to lifeguard thru college and for years after as extra $$).

I don’t care if the kids at my McDonalds don’t give a rats ass about their place of employment. But the job they are paid to do is simple. Take an order, take my money, give me my order, correctly. If hitting the “Plain” button on the screen is too hard for them, and they can’t be bothered doing their job RIGHT, then sorry, but they won’t have much success in other areas of their life. It WAS their choice to accept the job. Once you accepted it, basic responsibility says do the job… The kids at my McDonalds don’t even do that. (I’ll gladly use the kiosks to order, then I know the order was entered correctly, and its still a 50/50 shot that the packers will get it right).

He’s not right though. It was the only rider mower I’ve ever been that didn’t have a parking brake lever on the right. Even Standers have a brake lever.

He tried to give them an order that wasn’t on their menu though, because to a corporate restaurant “a dozen” actually is a menu item, and corporate management is so rigid that they can’t accept the order without clarifying it for their accounting. That’s what the manager did, by saying that they could be bought individually or in a pack of a dozen. They were doing their job, as given to them by corporate. Nowhere in the employee handbook does it say that they’re expected to actually learn what a dozen means. :stuck_out_tongue: As far as other employees who don’t even do the basics of the jobs they were hired for, yeah, that’s messed up and they shoudn’t keep their jobs for long. But as far as people not giving 100% to jobs where they only need to give 10%? That’s just human nature. Besides, haven’t you heard of the Peter Principle? The corporate employees who were giving 100% to the job got promoted to levels of responsibility where giving 100% still means they’re incompetent, and then they stop being promoted so the person doing that job is still an incompetent one.

2 Likes

But parking brakes… and “having brakes” are different on a hydro… Parking brakes just valves / locks the hydraulics, acting as a brake. Brakes have their own pedal :wink:

If you asked where the brakes were on a skid steer / zero turn, I would question you and point to the levers in your hand LOL… Pull back!

Parking brake definitely different…

Can we throw in Cat vs Deere controls too? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: That got me a job, asking if they run one or the other. Because, well, if ya never ran an excavator chances are you don’t even know there’s two standards hehehe (and most excavators you can flip a lever and switch between the two styles)

1 Like

But thats the problem… He asked for a half dozen… So the clerk couldn’t put 6 in the register? I am gonna order a half dozen burgers next time, see if that fucks em up, or if they realize I mean 6… Then I am gonna order nuggets, but I want a dozen, see if they say they only have 6 or 10 piece, and not make the connection that two 6 pieces will also, indeed, equal a dozen…

The dumbing down of America… So dumb we can’t think for ourselves… Thats where the real problem lies in far too many youth…

edit: I am blaming you if I gain weight from this experiment… Be forewarned! :smiley:

Pretty sure it’s actually @Slick1’s fault, if we really dig down… but yeah, for now I’ll accept it. :stuck_out_tongue: You realize, though, you’re also going to have to blame someone for the fact that fast food just doesn’t taste that good if you aren’t really really hungry? Gonna need to plan on someone to blame for that before you go there, otherwise you’ll just end up naked in the aisles of the restaurant screaming at nobody like so many others do… though, admittedly, I haven’t been to a fast food restaurant in a few years.

1 Like

I can’t seem to load that link. Plz tag me over bro. Every time I try I get “og is unavailable due to site updates or repairs”, but I can navigate the rest of the site???

Ok ok, ya got me there. I’ll blame @Slick1 for the experiment, but I am gonna have to blame you for the quantity I need to order. Spread the blame equally, right?

As for the taste? You think I’m gonna eat 6 burgers from BK? Hell no, but my dog is gonna LOVE you for that :smiley:

uh. I thought that video was made to disappear?

1 Like

It’s in the “Private Lounge” section which means you need to be a regular… which means you need to have read 25% of the messages posted in the last 100 days, whether you have any interest in them or not.

I’m not sure his digestion would be able to handle it… try giving him some grass, dirt, maybe a few spiders and a handful of pig ears instead. I’m pretty sure it’d be kinder to him in the long run. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who do you think mows my lawn (or tries to and does a poor / spotty job) ?

Clearly you haven’t been informed of my dogs iron stomach. He would eat those 6 burgers before you could twist up a joint, and be begging for more!

No pig ears though. They really aren’t as good for dogs as we think. No, my boy gets duck jerky!

So you’re saying I’ll never be able to follow @JohnnyPotseed again. That sucks in a major way! I don’t have the time to

Shit

1 Like

I don’t think it’s going to be that drastic a change lol just a little time to build up the member level, and you’ll be right there with us

I think it’s pretty silly myself; being a member should probably do it, and if even that seems too insecure (though the Google bot that was the problem in the first place is probably not a member) being a supporter like @MoBilly certainly should be enough.

2 Likes

Inadvertantly, the move of Johnny’s thread is gonna have an impact on peoples interactions here… LOL. LOTS more thread views, love for threads, etc, because they don’t wanna miss the circus…

Hmm… Was this the secret plan? :smiley: hehehe

2 Likes

I think if you’ve been on here as long as I have AND are a sponsor you ought to be considered a regular dude!

3 Likes