Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

Nope cuz, it wasnā€™t even close to any plan of mine. it simply became a slight ā€˜necessityā€™ after the train-wreck happened. I wish it coulda stayed but at LJā€™s recommendation to move it, I went with that.
It is what it is, and at least Iā€™m still here

2 Likes

Also, the Google thing is gradually moving down the listed when you ā€˜searchā€™ Another thing LJ aid it would do, and eventually, it will be gone.

@Cormoran , Iā€™m not sure if you can go there cuz, but the 3-ring circus IS indexed on the OG home page. Click and see if you can join us there

Has anyone tried doing mini bonsai pot plants? Iā€™m about to have a good harvest but over winter in thinking of trying to do a lil bonsai plant not really for bud. just for looks really lol. Iā€™m thinking of starting a thread if others are down to try it lol. Maybe get a lil comp going
Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a tutorial on here from the old days by Oldtimer1 on Bonsai mums read that and youā€™ll be almost an instant master!

3 Likes

Good little tutorial on bonsai moms

2 Likes

thnx for posting the link cuz!!

2 Likes

@StevieG I used that method for about 20yrs. itā€™s great to keep the space used to a minimum.

I canā€™t. Iā€™ll survive Iā€™m sure, but fwiw I do think the requirement of being a regular is too much. Iā€™m not blaming you; I know you want your privacy and this is the only way to get it from this site. I just think the limitation of making the Private Lounge section restricted to regulars is probably restricting a lot more people than itā€™s really intended to, which is unfortunate. I donā€™t know if itā€™s something even @LemonadeJoe could change; if itā€™s hardcoded rather than being a convenient setting on an admin-level preferences tab, that could get pretty damn messy, and most of us probably arenā€™t very good at reverse-engineering binary code into hex to edit the machine language directly. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

All I know is whatever you just said is Chinese to me cuz
But, sorry you canā€™t join us there atm

1 Like

Hella jelly
This mother looks beautiful

2 Likes

Other then Johnnys thread your not missing anything. lol

4 Likes

For the most part, I gotta agree. Other than the occasional ā€œI made it hereā€ post, its quiet there.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t even know there was another area restricted to regulars until his thread got moved there. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I have to disagree. There is a point to this system and @LemonadeJoe lowered the requirements just a few months back. Lowering it again really just makes the whole system pointless. We dont want folks joining and in no time being seen as regulars. Some long standing members use the private area to keep thigs out of site from new users and that would not work if basically everyone was a regular in no time. A certain amount of participation is required to meet that status. Now one issue that folks were complaining about was dropping from regular to member status. Joe lowered criteria and also made it so it takes 3 months to lose your status instead of 1, that was a big fix as was lowering requirements. He also created Regular Emeritus designation so even if you drop from TL3 to TL2 you can still sign up for Co-ops as TL3. Its just one of those things and serves a purpose.

10 Likes

great explanation Dougā€¦

@Cormoran donā€™t worry bud, time and participation fixes things, and in the meantime, its not like you are missing much other than Johnnys thread there (which I gotta say is gonna be the only reason I am in that area now, so that shows what you missed in the past, not too much). I understand thats not what some want, but gotta agree to respect Johnnyā€™s and LJā€™s requests hereā€¦

3 Likes

I think people are misunderstanding. Iā€™d follow along and happily play in @JohnnyPotseedā€™s circus, but Iā€™m not particularly sore about it; I just think the requirements for Regular status are a bit too draconian to be applied to it. Not because I canā€™t be in there, but because @MoBilly canā€™t and heā€™s been here and active for 8 months. Iā€™ll probably be TL3 in another 35 days, but itā€™s certainly not because Iā€™m more active, a better member or friendlier than himā€¦ itā€™s because Iā€™m bothering to scroll through a couple threads Iā€™m not all that interested in for it.

3 Likes

Honestly shocked @MoBilly canā€™t, considering heā€™s very active where Iā€™ve browsed here. But I also read everything I can, maybe thats part of it, as you said about scrolling thru threads you arent interested in.

Interesting pointā€¦

On another noteā€¦ I WANT this:

I heard its at a local smoke shop, looked it up online, and WOW. No price, but I bet I canā€™t afford it. SICK SICK SICK!!!

12 Likes

As far as the trust levels go, I certainly understand why thereā€™s a desire to keep people from signing up and immediately participating in all the co-op giveaways. If thereā€™s real money involved, it absolutely makes sense. I didnā€™t complain two weeks ago when @DougDawson told me heā€™d rather not send me PPP seeds and to wait for higher trust levels, and Iā€™m still not. I just think TL3 is probably too much for the Private Lounge area if itā€™s keeping people whoā€™ve been active for the better part of a year away simply because they havenā€™t read enough threads. Itā€™s an edge case, I guess, but itā€™s silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That is very cool! I have a rule in my house though. 20 bucks and under. Iā€™d swear the wife breaks pieces on purpose.

1 Like