Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 2)

ah wow never knew they were american brand as theres a warehouse in my city… the more you know!! lol

5 Likes

was that a double entendre there? Or maybe just a Freudian ‘slip’? oh oops i used it in this statement lol
Anyhow, I hear @slick1 ‘slips’ out a lot… :grinning: :wink:

2 Likes

If you have two; must perform obligatory “Crab Walk” whilst “Snipping” the air until a loved one asks you to please stop.

3 Likes

I’ve been known to employ the old Irish Goodbye from time to time…

I’m in Jersey but she’s from Michigan and used to visit Canada here and there. She always made it a point to come back with the Lays. Never heard of the Old Dutch ones.

@Pigeonman thanks for the link but it’s not letting me access it. Tried just googling it and same issue.

I just looked them up and the only options are to have them imported from CA. Lays is an American brand too but only makes the Ketchup one for CA. They actually have had a ketchup version here but it’s a different recipe for some reason and she doesn’t like the American version. No ide hy they’d have two different recipes for the same flavor.

I was taking the high road on the possible double entendre cause I didn’t like the implication :grimacing: :laughing:

3 Likes

@Slick1

INGREDIENTS

2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil

2 Tbsp sugar

2 Tbsp tomato paste

4 tsp white vinegar

½ tsp smoked paprika (or regular paprika)

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp onion powder

¼ tsp garlic powder

12 cups air-popped popcorn (about 1/3 cup kernels)

1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in sugar, tomato paste, vinegar, smoked paprika, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Cook, whisking constantly, until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute.

2. In large bowl, toss popcorn with tomato mixture to coat. Spread coated popcorn on large parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.

3. Bake in 300°F oven, stirring once, until coating is dry to the touch, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool on pan for 10 minutes to crisp.

2 Likes

Nice! I might get brave and try to make it for her without telling her.

Or I might screw it up royally, get points for trying, and then let her make it! Thanks for posting it since CA was trying to guard it’s ketchup chip secrets from me! :smiley:

2 Likes

I got you bruv.
And you woman too!

(in Raoh’s voice obviously)

2 Likes

They’re Canadian, company based in Winnipeg.

Think they were associated with “Dutch Boy” supermarkets?

3 Likes

Ken's_Thumbs_Up

1 Like

Morning all, hope all my Canadian friends are keeping their gardens safe from wind, WPM and bud rot free in this trying weather.

One of my neighbors yesterday morning…

4 Likes

Oh shit that’s heartbreaking!

Been shaking trees and leaf blower sessions when it’s gonna stay dry a while. Makes the yard smell like fruit salad. It’s great!

That’s what I thought but Wikipedia lied to me, lol. I believe you are correct

1 Like

His truck took it badly.

Needs a fender, hood, doorskin (if not entire door) plus any under skin damage.

I’m ballparking it at $17500.

4 Likes

If you have the pollen, and the pollen recipient, then you can make the seed and pass them out here!

Now if you are selling them then some say different ethics apply. That’s a deep rabbit hole.

4 Likes

Morning everyone!!

2 Likes

That sucks, nice truck.

Morning

3 Likes

Good mooooorning to you!

2 Likes

How are your babies Bree!? trucking along!? I hope?

Hope it’ ok to say Bree!! If not, apologies in advance!! :flushed: :astonished: :hugs:

That’s what I’m called :slight_smile: except mom tosses in an extra one, Bree-Bree lol.

Plants doing good!! Still young, but all pistils so far :hugs: How are you?

1 Like