Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

1 Like

Up to you. I split mine into 2 journals but they will both have a sign up so I had to split it into separate threads. I suppose itā€™s really a question of is there a reason to do it.

2 Likes

Felt the need to repost thisšŸ¤£

2 Likes

I think if itā€™s a repro or something with signups then itā€™s necessary imo. I started a second for the Landos one. But am just keeping my regular grow adventures on my TSTā€™s thread.

2 Likes

I use 18/6

hereā€™s my small cloner itā€™s got 3 sites.

2 Likes

Cloning Methodsā€¦ Check out this thread @Calix tons of ideas/options including the simple Rubbermaid one

1 Like

Thatā€™s how I looked at it. If there isg a reason to separate things than so be it. In the end itā€™s really up to the user.

I do notice some people are overzealous and create threads constantly to ask single questions that already have threads for them. It seems some just hate to search for anything.

4 Likes

Do they sit in or just above the water line @JoeCrowe

stems in the water, for sure.

1 Like

I too have VERY MUCH noticed that, lol I bet @Northern_Loki even more so than any of us since heā€™s constantly redirecting them to the correct spot lol. I also notice it seems to be the same questions over and over and over and over. Lol when thereā€™s threads or at least links in here somewhere for most things but especially for the commonly asked questions I guarantee

3 Likes

Was unsure if you had a mister or just pump circulating the water. See thatā€™s definitely tried and true just a much better take on the cup of water , that can hold more, and doesnā€™t need water changed daily. Ingenuity at its best.

I agree, it fragments topics and you can see them working hard to organize things. Much respect for all that hard work.

2 Likes

Yes MUCH MUCH RESPECT :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Sometimes newer folk donā€™t realize that there already is a thread on a topic or, perhaps, they feel theyā€™ll attract more attention by starting a duplicate topic. Thing is, many times, the answers are already there waiting for them along with even more detail and depth. They simply donā€™t realize it or canā€™t find what they want easily because their keywords are a bit off, being lazy, cred, etc.

There are reasons but that seems to be the most common reason for the repetition.

6 Likes

Well from @DougDawson and myself as well as hundreds of others Iā€™m positive. Much respect and thanks for all that you do @Northern_Loki i know you guys donā€™t get enough praise being behind the scenes and all. Thank you my friend TRULY :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Sorry for asking questions in this threadā€¦that have threads dedicated to them

Man .no wonder they arenā€™t rooting in soil and rooting hormone ā€¦

I leave them in a cup for a few days with ph water then cut the bottom on 45 again . Load up with rooting hormone an stick into the jiffypellet lol

On another note
Iā€™ve been blessed by many here with seeds to run and experiment with .

However I just recieved a blessing of some seeds. Of choice . Just dropped 3 reg HK AND 2 reg fast HK.
IF I get males and females. . I will be crossing them and attempting to make seeds and preserve HK.

What is inbreeding? Would I better of crossing HKMALE AND HK FEMALE . OR A HK AND HK FAST?
With my luck they will All be females hahaha

4 Likes

@HappyTrees23s, I was looking for this music all day on Youtube and your like saved my time!!! :slight_smile:

Lol your welcome :grin:

If you want more of the HK regular, then just use a Male HK and a Female HK.
That would be an inbred, using two siblings to make a cross.

If you used the Fast HK and the Regular HK then you would be making an F1 cross.
Meaning the seeds would be the first generation of those two being crossed.

But depending on what generation the HKs are, crossing siblings will give you more stable results. Can you find out what gen they are ?

If they are F1s and you do an inbred cross to make F2s (Use a male and a female) then you wonā€™t have a very stable cross to work with next time. A lot of variation comes out in F2s.

Crossing two DIFFERENT strains will give you an F1 cross
Crossing two SIBLINGS is an inbred cross, and increases the lines generation.

Plenty of information on here.
Like literally more then youā€™ll ever need lol, but thatā€™s the real basics of it.

1 Like

I never said yā€™all donā€™t use itā€¦ correctly. :rofl:

1 Like