Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

How do people sex them before flowering them tho?? Crazy plant whisperers lol

1 Like

Iā€™ve worked in a chip factory before. Now Iā€™m just imagining bags of weed coming down the line from the packing machine. Lots of folks standing at the end packing them into boxes. Just huge bags of weed lol

Problem with that wasā€¦ when the machine messed up, chips would be all over the floor. That would be such a waste w weed :weary::weary::sob:

Iā€™m sure youā€™re talking smaller scale, but my imagination loves the thought of bags of weed. Plus it would be so much better coming home smelling of weed than oily corn lol

2 Likes

After vegging for so long alot of plants will show you balls or pistils at the nodes.

5 Likes

I got that scrawny dude strength :sweat_smile:

1 Like

By looking for pre-flowers. Some do a 48 hr 12/12 flip, then back to 18/6 for veg to force them, maybe after the 4th or 5th node.

Essentially pre-flowers are single bracts with just a pair of hairs, usually I find em at the stem where the 4th node branches out.

1 Like

7 Likes

ā€¦And you load that with your favorite shit?

5 Likes

Orā€¦ The REALLY good Shit! lol

3 Likes

Nowā€¦ If that was a water pipe, somehow connected to a volume of water in the tank? Then it would BE the Shit! ROFL

4 Likes

the tuesday bowl lol

Well I guess Iā€™ll figure it out sooner or later. Was just hoping to do so without wasting a lot of resources. My girls always look like they have a ball and a stipule so idk how handy that will be for me unless thereā€™s a white hair jumping out :joy:

I read somewhere that if the stipules cross, itā€™s female. Anyone think thereā€™s truth in that?

You have half of it down then. just look at the same places you would those and find the ones without hair. Those will be boys. Most likely. I usually let them go a few days to be sure before culling.

2 Likes

Found my first males couple weeks back
First reg seeds
Found 3 in a 2 week span! Two in cups and found the third one after transplanted into a 7gal pot or organic soil a week l
Luckily it didnā€™t take to the soil and in was able to re use the organic living soil to pot all my new reg seedlings lol; they are loving.

I wasnā€™t even inspecting the plant for sex . Just seen the balls and said well shit!!! Thatā€™s a maleā€¦damn!!!

2 Likes

Exactly. @hollyho zoom in on those nutclusters. If you want girls, this is not what you wanna see. I was looking for a good pic to post. @Calix covered me. LOL

2 Likes

Lmaooo! Balls everywhere! :woman_facepalming: Sorry man! I think I will keep a male. If thereā€™s a good one. Maybe make some seeds to give away on here. Iā€™m really excited about the lip smacker strain from exotic.

I just wish I could tell early on. Iā€™ll probably just try to keep them in solo cups as long as I can :joy:

Or I can transplant to 1gal, take a clone off each one, flip them. Then Iā€™ll know what sex my clones are. The ones I want to keep, just up pot to 3-5gal and veg until the others show sex. Get rid of any males I donā€™t want, then flip the clones when Iā€™m ready? Basically the same thing big mike said except Iā€™d be flipping the main plant, instead of the clone?

1 Like

Again, everyone has their way of doing it. My way works for me for years. So I donā€™t change it. You have to figure what works best for you. Thats what kinda makes this wacky sport, so much fun.

1 Like

It is fun huh?! Trying to figure it all out, trying new thingsā€¦ did u see my comment about the dbhp? Did u ever get any that ā€œbledā€?

1 Like

I got one that bled a spot (I think) but could not find where it was bleeding from. I tried to clip a few leaves off, no blood. even clipped a top off, nothing red. I donā€™t know. Nothing else was red in the tent.

2 Likes

Seems like your over thinking it. No offense

Youā€™ll do whatever you like.im far from anyone special to pass judgement.

But just go with the flow youll be fine.id

If you are in the states. And really want to save resources - you can send a smash sample of a seedling leaf tissue to a lab and they will mail you back results asap.

Coat a few bucks but If your just after females you can cut down overhead .and space

2 Likes