Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

That looks interesting. I clicked on the free sample link: $37.50 !! and not available in the US. Bummer.

2 Likes

@middleman I got my sample from my local hydro store that carries MIIM product. They told me that itā€™s been a while since theyā€™ve been getting samples but itā€™s started up again recently. I am in :canada: though so I have that in my favour.

Thatā€™s also meanā€™t that samples from :us: based suppliers have the same "not available outside of the :us: " for me much of the time :rofl:

Those times I shoot an email to the supplier and ask humbly with no expectation: ā€œHi there! I am very interested in trying your product and am curious if you offer samples in :canada: through a local supplier?ā€

Sometimes I luck out, sometimes itā€™s a ā€œApologies but no we do not.ā€ Regardless it doesnā€™t hurt to ask :smiley:

5 Likes

The shadows greatest hits 1972. Like new. Any taker :yum:

7 Likes

Masons letter from 1962

2 Likes

Laff! But I still have a Kenwood double cassette player/recorder that goes with my rack stereo system. From 1973 Still works perfectly. Still looks new. Have not used it in years tho. I love mt vinyl record albums the best. Still have a good sized collection. From the early 70ā€™s till now. They all play good and are used daily. I still buy new vinyl.

4 Likes

Thats a keeper :yum:

My work partner had found crates full of vinyls but he trashed them before I could go through them. Yeah heā€™s a psychoā€¦

3 Likes

Rawr

13 Likes

Youā€™ll have to set up a traffic cone onceā€™s sheā€™s out of the hole !

7 Likes

Bonsoir OG

Does anybody use or know someone who uses pedigree charts for breeding? Is it possible to map genes with those, or are there too many holes?

3 Likes

I donā€™t use it and donā€™t know anyone who does but I do not believe it would be possible to use this diagram to map genes. Gene maps show specific loci within a genome around which specific traits are encoded but this picture is a visual display of the propagation of a single autosomally recessive trait (a recessive trait which had originally been in but was not expressed by either of the original parents) as it is passed through four successive generations of breeding.

2 Likes

Announcement! New Drop and Sale on my ā€˜Hall of Genticsā€™ thread

:+1:

7 Likes

I definitely misspoke when I said genes. What I meant is closer to traits hah.

Iā€™m looking for a way to catalogue/map a line and individuals within said line.

Say I grow my melon lifesaver cut. I observe and take note of multiple characteristics. Then with each incross or outcross, I take note of how she behaves when mated. I want to be able to say that melon lifesaver cut passes on this or that to its progeny.

The way I do it now, is each plant has its page in a binder, but it becomes quite a mess when I then try to make sense of it all heh.

4 Likes

I understand that more than a gene card. It would be quite a process.

4 Likes

The image was merely an example, I couldā€™ve cropped the textā€¦

Part of the goal is to be able to somewhat understand how things are passed on and help predict how crosses will come outā€¦

I grew over 300 lifesaver f2s and only 1 smells of melon, thats one I want to map.

The stinky skunk cut is also a damn mysteryā€¦

I guess with enough data, over time, I would see a pattern emergeā€¦ :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Lol donā€™t say skunk, a whole controversy will start over if its real or imaginary.:yum: Me personally have had smelly weed, it was headband clones I got from a friend. I still here my mother in law, (I smell a skunk). I didnā€™t think it smelled like a skunk but it did stink to high heaven.

3 Likes

Hahaha.

I mean, I understand those who lost interest in skunk. That many people, growing that many seeds and none could find it. If it wasnā€™t for the old seeds I was given, I would think itā€™s a myth too.

Personally I think truth is lost at sea, misunderstood, perverted or ridiculed.

Around my parts, skunk was an outdoor strain, like freezeland or white Rhino. Lots of folks went down with it. Many older grower I know donā€™t even want to talk about itā€¦

2 Likes

I just grow these plants and whatever they smell like is what they smell like, Im chasing the pine terps I smoked in the 80s.

2 Likes

Pineā€¦ wait, pine is lost too ? :flushed:

Yeah, I mostly grow for effects but Iā€™m a stubborn mofo and I like a challenge.

I want to breed a strawberry hashplant, of course the hash has to taste like strawberries. Bonus point if the hash comes out pink :wink:

7 Likes

I donā€™t know if itā€™s lost I just havenā€™t come across it, Iā€™m trying pinewarp and Columbian gold x Xmas bud79 both supposed to be piney.

2 Likes

Heirloom outdoor stuff could be a good place to lookā€¦