Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

reiko has his mounted in his veg room,

as for myself mine are mounted right in my cambers though near by internal circulations fans.

though to the question about extensions yeah if it helps go for it.

And @chronix i have the same as dougdawson, i never had any luck with cheap pH meter and drops were more consistent compared to the the cheapies.

4 Likes

I just found out Canadians have a thing called Boston pizza. And all I want to know is why? And also what?

2 Likes

I donā€™t really care for Boston Pizza.
Over priced in my opinion.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not mandatory or anything.

Personally Iā€™d rather buy pizza from a pizza store instead of from a pizza themed chain restaurant/bar

2 Likes

In the us thatā€™s not even a type of pizza. Ask a Bostonian about Boston style pizza and theyā€™ll ask what the fuck youā€™re talking about.

5 Likes

Lol , i laugh a lot now @EugeneDebs420

I agreeā€¦ NY Thin Crust, Chicago Deep Dish, but Boston Pizza? WTF? Its not even KNOWN for pizza! ROFL

You and me both. Thereā€™s a small chain here, Frankā€™s Pizza, which is surprisingly good. But my go-to is certainly the local pizza shop down the street, also known as one of the best in town (way ahead of Frankā€™s!)

I swear this place is just overprice microwavable mini pizzas.

I went ONCE when a friend had a birthday gathering and was very disappointed. Iā€™m certain itā€™s not the city but a family name as the full title was: ā€œBostonā€™s The Gourmet Pizza Restaurant and Sports Bar,ā€

One of the BEST PIZZAā€™S iā€™ve had was at a converted Coffee Time in the middle of southern ontario on my way to Tobermory run by an Indian husband and wife. Their kid played in the far side of the resauraunt under a 60" tv playing Bollywood superhero movies and the pizza they made us was insane:

Fresh dough, olive oil with garlic and peppers for the sauce, and chopped tandoori chicken and cilantro as the topping.

Iā€™ve made it 8x at home since that one time going ā€œWhat the fuck is that? Let go and eat there!?ā€

1 Like

For me, it was Bobby & Timmyā€™s in Providence, RI

Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza - tender and shredded like thick mozzarella cheese, the chicken was perfect. Not chunky, but not too shredded, think like the consistency of pulled pork. home made BBQ Pizza sauce, 4 cheeses, I recall smoked asiago, smoked gouda, smoked cheddar and smoked mozzarella. On a thin crust, grilled over mesquite coals in a wood fired oven. OMG, I wanna make the 3.5 hr drive right now just for thinking about that pizza, its been a whileā€¦

3 Likes

Pizza in the Boston area is pretty bad. So, strange choice to hook a name to. Yes, there are very good places around but they would be in the minority. There has been an overall improvement with the years but you donā€™t come to Boston on a quest for pizza.

3 Likes

Oh that sounds amazing @Nagel420!

When I make butter chicken I end up using 1/2 of it to make ā€œButter Chicken Naanā€ pizzas. I make the Naan from scratch too as itā€™s sooo much better than the overpriced ā€œwhyte peepollā€ brands in the grocery stores!

My chicken is shredded in my version of butter chicken so you just spread it on the naan, toast it and eat it all up! :hugs:

So the name is accurate for a chain selling lousy, flavourless, overpriced pizza!

4 Likes

Yes. There are places here where the sauce is straight out of the can tomato paste. Maybe some water to thin it out.

Now, on the otherhand, there is a place down the street from us with Detroit style pizza which is pretty good. New place, new immigrants to MA. Being a transplant from Chicago, I remain hopeful.

1 Like

Ugh! Now thatā€™s straight up just wrong cuz! lol

5 Likes

1 Like

Thats sacrilege around here! Every place, even the mini chain, Franks, makes their own sauce. And you can pretty much tell where it came from by the taste (sweet, salty, garlicky, basily - they all have their unique profiles).

Sucky part is the place that makes the best mozzarella sticks also has the crappiest sauce (way too sweet, always needs salt and I donā€™t use salt often otherwise).

The place down the street, Vesuvioā€™s, has been there since before I was born, its like 3rd generation, almost 4th generation now. Best pizza, but mozzie sticks always feel microwaved :frowning:

3 Likes

My home made tomato base is always very acidic due to the lemon juice and vinegar I use to preserve it so I need to add a little sugar to balance it outā€¦ but NOT to make it sweet! :face_vomiting:

My go-to is a dollop of blackstrap molasses. Really adds an extra note to the dish.

2 Likes

And you can use the leftover molasses in your garden. Win-win.

2 Likes

All this talk about pizza has me missing Philly. Thereā€™s no good pizza anywhere in the south :sob:

Never before have I had molasses leftovers :laughing:

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™d like a pizza topped with baked beans thank you. :wink:

1 Like