Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

Yes in the fridge

1 Like

I bought these:

Amazon.com: CASOLLY 600D Bubble Hash Bags Kit 5 Gallon 8 Bags with Pressing Screen,Storage Bag,5.5in T-Handle Presser Tool : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

Have used them a few times so far, and they seem well constructed. Both bubble and dry ice hash thru them. Dry ice is easier to do, for sure, but its an hour drive in any direction for me to get dry ice. I did like the returns on it, but you gotta watch that you dont just pummel plant material thru the sieve as well (if you go too long that happens. I did it over a 3x6 piece of glass, moving sideways, and could see the color change as more plant matter got pummeled into small enough pieces to get thru the sieve.

Gonna try bubble again this weekend, with several cut off buckets. That makes nesting them easier AND gives a little separation so your hash from the sieve below doesnt get stuck to the underside of the sieve you are cleaning

I prefer to mix in a different bucket. Using a paint mixer on a drill, I dont wanna accidentally catch / tear the bubble bags, But I lightly stir it once I pour it into the 220, then let it settle. (doesnā€™t hurt to spray rinse the mix bucket and let that empty into the 220, get every last trich!)

Bubble hash I dry on a tray in the trunk freezer in the basement. Dry Ice hash needs no drying really, and can be pressed into pucks easily. Theres a bit of a taste difference between the two if you ask me. I think more plant matter in the dry ice hash is what that is. But its not badā€¦

Also playing with a rosin press, but that really depends on your input. Some flower yields WAY better than other flower. But when you get a nice 20% yield (or more), youā€™re doing ok. And damn if that fresh pressed rosin isnt the most tastiest thing ever :smiley:

I got one with my bags, but simple pollen press would work for pressing hash (see my link above). I mainly press dry ice hash. Bubble I prefer to ball up. Pollen press can be bought for $10-$25 depending on the size, ya donā€™t need a heat press. Thats only for pressing rosin. But thats one more step beyond pressing hash (Iā€™ve made dry ice hash, bagged that in a 25 micro bag and pressed that for rosin before).

2 Likes

A chunk in the pipe works well or a snake in a weed joint . Old school a couple flattened spoons or knifes and a bottle with the bottom broke out was a favourite way to smoke it years back.

2 Likes

In my fridge

75+ grams

10 Likes

I keep mine in the freezer.

This is about 5 ounces of bubble of different grades:

8 Likes

I want it :drooling_face: lol looks great!

Iā€™ve seen the little t handle presses! Also the handy dandy temple ball

1 Like

You dont need a press really

Hey @Oldjoints ! How did you get yours in that shape :thinking:

I got the all mesh bags, I would think the ones with Nylon sides would be easier to deal with as you can wash the sides down easier.

2 Likes

Is 73 micron the limit to ensure PM doesnā€™t make it through? I picked up a bag set for like $40 canadian and have a few jars of dried crushed flower I figured I may end up getting something out off.

I was gonna toss all the dust into the freezer and dump it in 2 bags to see what ends up on the one that is AFTER the PM filter.

1 Like

When itā€™s half wet you can shape it to want you wantā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Dont know about PM. I just dont think anything smaller is worth my time

2 Likes

I like taking a small chunk, balling it up and tossing it in my swirling quartz banger on the glassā€¦

Heat the banger w/o the swirly cap. Good torch helps (but DAMN it looks, well, ā€œdruggyā€), let it cool a few seconds, drop the ball in and put on the swirly cap.

That little ball of hash will be a glowing and spinning ball of goodness on the first hit. No terp pearls needed, let the ball play that part (terp pearls are for the quartz banger with rosin). Definitely my favorite way to smoke now, its so smooth and tasty :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve done it 45u no problem.

2 Likes

What the heck is a terp pearl :thinking:

2 Likes

Lol! Iā€™m w ya. Iā€™m a complete idiot when it comes to anything outside of a blunt/cone/bong and edibles. Gotta start somewhere tho right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

ROFLā€¦ I searched OG for ā€œTerp Slurperā€ and had NO hits. I was shocked!

Terp pearls are glass beads used to move the rosin around in a quartz banger.

Great little tutorial. I had to laugh that I am smoking nearly 30 years and still had no clue myself how it worked. Searched OG and was even more shocked that there were NO hits on what a terp slurper is. I have one, and well, its ok. Really nice for rosin. easier than the quartz banger is, but I like the banger for the hash balls (you can use it for either / or).

2 Likes

They are round quartz balls used for vaping.

2 Likes

not vaping in the traditional sense, only in the sense that flame never hits your rosin / hash

Iā€™d call it a form of dabbing :smiley:

(can even smoke flower in the banger that way)

1 Like

How about dry sifting, Iā€™ve seen it done but never tried it. Anyone do dry sift?

1 Like