Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

So hereā€™s my stoner question of the day,

When we take the raw buds and trim em we end up with bud and trim

Well if weā€™re processing for seeds would that just leave us with shuck and seeds?

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever heard any farmer be like " oh ya I got a bunch of shuck laying around I was thinking of making butter with" but Iā€™ve heard that with trim.

So that leads me to the question of is the leftover plant material called shuck?

3 Likes

Honestly it was what I had on hand at the time :stuck_out_tongue: I used somekind of skewer from the arts and craft aile (sp). They come in different thickness, I chose slightly bigger ones to accommodate orange and sour bubble giant seeds. No complaints so far, appart that my choice of sticks didnā€™t qualify for regular mailā€¦ I had to pay for oversized.

I think itā€™s overkill. But overkill is underrated :wink:

I would consider this a viable option for larger quantities. You could do multiple rows etc. Personally if $ isnā€™t a factor, I like the safety of a hair brush.

6 Likes

Iā€™d call it chaff, myself

2 Likes

ā€˜Mulchedā€™ & trim is what I personally call it

5 Likes

I now call it hash :wink:

7 Likes

Iā€™d like to change my answer, this one is cooler

4 Likes

I had the idea to use 3/4 pex as washers. Anyone who knows a plumber should be able to get a bunch of scraps thatā€™ll just be thrown out anyway

4 Likes

Good ideaā€¦

2 Likes

I love reusing stuff.

3 Likes

Is there a thread to help with just sexing plants? :woman_facepalming::sweat_smile:

1 Like

https://overgrow.com/t/male-female-or-hermie-official-sex-identification-topic/30615/415?u=qtip

2 Likes

Thank you!!

I mean itā€™s hard to argue about finding such happiness in something so simple!

Ha! I would never where a scarf :laughing:

6 Likes

What about long pink balloons made into a hat? And Star shaped, rhinestone encrusted sunglasses?
Oh and a T-shirt that is tied in a knot at the waist.

2 Likes

When making bubble hash, do you have to collect your first wash, then go at it again? Or do you just leave it in the bags, put the work bag material back in the bucket, more ice and water, stir, and pour back into the bags?

Iā€™m about to give ā€˜er a go I guess. Was just wondering what to do after the first wash lol

2 Likes

I would separate in between rounds. Things got messy fast with me. Seems like a great way to get lots of contaminants in the hash for which youā€™ve worked so hard.

4 Likes

Wellā€¦ shat.

1 Like

How did u know when to stop stirring your first wash?

1 Like

When my bags and material froze into a basketball sized chunk of ice. I definitely didnā€™t do things properly. Round two the next evening was much smoother.

3 Likes

Iā€™m dreading it a little bit lol was it hard to get the stickiness off your bags? Iā€™m wanting to do both washes in one night. Possible? Or do you have to refreeze after first wash?

2 Likes