Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 4)

Yes I am works fine on the flat surface of the roof .

Don’t really wanna put holes through my shingles. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Old bell or star choice pole mount adapts just fine they both use the same size pipe. I’ve got a tin roof and just applied some silicone to seal it.

4 Likes

I just pulled the trigger on it. If I get more than 3Mbps I’m doing better than I have for the past 10 years.

3 Likes

Pretty sure you’ll be very happy with the speed . Fastest internet that I’ve ever had .

4 Likes

Thanks bud. Appreciate the help.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I can’t even imagine that after having DSL for so long. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have used it for about a year and a half. I had an issue about a month ago with the hardware but they have decent service getting equipment swapped out.

The antenna is a spectacular piece of engineering but it’s let down somewhat by a proprietary connector on an otherwise standard network cable. Make sure you have plenty of support on the antenna-side cable however you set it up.

2 Likes

Oh, another thing @Coda

Mine is always pointed about 30 degrees from zenith due North. Get it running on the ground and then you can just keep an eye on it a few days and see where it likes to point. I then mounted it to my shed on a permanent eave mount with optimal sky view of that northern area

3 Likes

This is cool. We just had glo fiber come and put fiber through our entire town. Would love to ditch this horse shit spectrum cable. It goes dead for no reason after midnight if we’ve been doing too much streaming all day lol. Fuck them. I might give glo fiber a go before I give Elon more money. Sounds like a dope product though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I was going to characterize the optimal position. This narrows it down significantly :slight_smile:

1 Like

feeling like shit, headache , horrible cough. just passed the covid test though. got shrimp tacos and can’t eat.

3 Likes

Can’t like that. It sucks. I hope you feel better very soon!

1 Like

Get plenty of rest and fluids. Hope you feel better. Sucks being sick during the holidays :turkey:

2 Likes

Am in the dr office waiting & oh shit did I get a cute nurse today :joy: daayaayaaayum

And Starlink is a lifesaver for me… went from 1.5 to 160

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

You love garlic but hate peeling it?

My friend… my friend…

Stab it, yank it. Yeh?

12 Likes

When done pull out a clove by pinching it like a zit!

:+1:

5 Likes

No make Chinese food with ailoli. Make with raw sautéed garlic. Ayaaa

3 Likes

:stew: :cat2: :dog2: :pig2: :chicken: :snail: :bird: :hot_pepper: :peanuts:

:rofl:

Once saw a 300 year old Chinese woman chopping broccoli, drop some on the filthy-ass floor, & then put it back with the rest :nauseated_face:

Hawaii has “chop suey” places still. I think that’s illegal in CA… :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

:evergreen_tree: edit: ← too high i guess

2 Likes