Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 4)

Starting at about 41 seconds, the guy in the bright green shirt seems to have a particularly “fun” run!

2 Likes

Have you ever wondered how many satellites Uruguay has in orbit? How about the Republic of Slovenia? Norway? Canada?

This should answer your questions.

2 Likes

I found this pretty interesting. Nothing really in depth. Just right for my level of knowledge (i.e., 0%).

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-01774-8?utm_placement=newsletter

4 Likes

Sending my thoughts and prayers your way my friend :pray:t2:

3 Likes

But what about face wrinkles?

2 Likes

Bong time!

2 Likes

All the positive vibes I got heading your way. Hope your dad comes out OK.

2 Likes

Thanks for the wishes and good vibes everyone he’s slowly improving but seeing progress he just was moved out of the icu started being able to talk a little yesterday still a long road ahead but looking up for the moment love you all

8 Likes

Glad to hear he is out of the ice, one day at a time, thats all can be done. Hoping for the best for you and your dad.

3 Likes

Can someone who has ingested both BOG Bubblegum and BOG Sour Blutooth tell me how these differ in effect?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Gets me really fucked up.

Gets me fucked up, really.

lol (1)

12 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

4 Likes

Its the logical thing to say.:joy:

1 Like

I love the Pacific North West, and this article reminded me of a story an older guy told me when I was about 26. He was in his 70’s, about my age now, when he told me this. He was a life long dairyman who was living on the Washington side of the Columbia River in the small unincorporated town of Skamokawa. I had lived there for several years when he told me this story. I was the dairy’s relief milker.

His grandparents had had a farm in Ohio in the mid 1850s. They weren’t getting rich off the farm, but it provided a good living for the family. As it turns out, what has become known as the Oregon trail ran right next to their farm. One day a wagon train came through and, as normally happened, they made camp near the farm. The wagon trains came through with regularity and people made camp near their spread with regularity too. It was a completely normal occurrence. One of the wagons that made camp particularly close to their house that night belonged to a woman who had apparently just told her husband in no uncertain terms that she wasn’t going one step further. Not one step! This was just about as primitive as she was going to get!

They walked to the nearest farm house, my friend’s grandfolks’ house, and proposed trading everything they owned for everything the farmer owned except for a very few family items. The couples were about the same size, and the very next morning my friend’s people were on the way to Oregon! Over night! The very next day!

Grandma and Grandpa went on to found the town of Goble, their family name. It remains a small rural community along the Oregon side of the lower Columbia River.

How do you think you would have reacted? Would you have been up for such a crazy adventure? I’d like to think that I would have been up for it!

6 Likes

It is an interesting proposition but I wouldn’t trade a house for a wagon.

1 Like

3 Likes

@STIGGY

4 Likes

better link:

2 Likes

Release the thunder LOL

You killed 2,462 pounds of meat, but could only carry 125 pounds…

1 Like