Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 1)

You got dots. Send me some

1 Like

Purple barrels.

those old candies on paper strips? god how much paper did I eat trying to eat them

1 Like

i came in late spwed what i couldn’t hold.i understand lol im guilty also sometimes you go off coarse to have a journey

Heh. No one forces seeds upon anyone… ever. I see some merit in a few complaints about the original thread, but makes no since that the “old problem thread” and “new solution thread” both get closed for no reason. Some people just want to give back to show their thanks to the community. I think its WAY past dab’30. I shall take a break for a bit lol.

1 Like

Hear hear

I don’t disagree. I think it’s also about how you address something and not just what you are addressing.

That could be, I just see it as only causing issues with no benefit but that’s just me.

2 Likes

Lol let’s be the change we want to see. Please don’t turn this into an “Environment here has changed” thread. This is my only happy place.

@Yetigrows, chicken you say!? My wife doesn’t cook. Trade ya, at least for dinner?

1 Like

you guys talking pipps haha been here since 2017 still only got 6 doesn’t matter to me

2 Likes

na na na na I got 7… and I didnt even have to count em myself :smiley: lol

3 Likes

I’ll take chicken over nothing, but @Breelie 's steak plate over chicken…

Better?

Lol

1 Like

My cousin fed me moose steak last night, it was chewy but delicious!!

5 Likes

Idk what im having for dinner yet . But I’m starvin

Oh I’m not complaining, I’m just saying I could eat steak 3 meals a day, 7 days a week and be happy.

2 Likes

This sounds dirty… Like slang I don’t want to learn…

4 Likes

I think one of the points that you guys are missing is that this site is meant for sharing cultivation knowledge and documentation. It happens to be one of the few forums that allows seed trading and giveaways, but the purpose of the site and the community is to be a repository of knowledge.

The trading post was meant to be a place for people looking for something specific or offering something in trade.

The free seeds and clones thread has been around for a long time, and did not have much activity until recently.

The idea of that thread was pretty much to “corral” all the free seed giveaways into one place so that they wouldn’t clutter the other topics or forum categories with non-informational posts. If you consider this you will see that the grow discussions and unrelated chat in the free seed and clone thread has subverted the original purpose of the thread.

I think you guys should consider that the mods are the community organizers and the ones who maintain the infrastructure you are using. It’s kind of concerning to see people disparaging moderators and talented growers like meesh. She is a site leader comunity moderator, it is quite literally her job to steer discussions into the correct category.

It seems like a lot of people are feeling some sense of ownership of that corner of the site. It’s a community resource like a public park, you may be the ones using it but that doesn’t mean you own the soccer field or the baseball diamond.

9 Likes

Nothing on urban dictionary, you’re safe.

2 Likes

Haha, it does, but it’s steak made from moose meat. He told me venison so I thought it was deer but he said it was moose later. It was certainly very juicy and delicious, just chewy as he warned me beforehand.

1 Like

Look at the end of the day we all want to coexist here. There are certain guidelines set up and we need to follow them. If we don’t like the way a certain thread is laid out we don’t need to visit it. None of us set the rules around here. There is no point in getting into arguments with folks and I for one try to take everyone’s thoughts to heart.

OG is the greatest site I have come across and I am proud to be a member. I have no issues with anyone here and appreciate all the work done in the background to keep this place running smoothly. I am currently chomping at the bit to get my next grow going and hope that we can all continue to respect one another including those with differing opinions. Let’s all take a deep breath and grow on beer3|nullxnull

11 Likes

That sounds interesting! Never had moose.

I believe the issue with meesh was how she approached the issue and talked down to people. Her point and how you’re stating it is completely valid but you’re breaking it down into a much more reasonable and polite way than she was. A moderator should be making a post like yours not talking rudely to people.

4 Likes