Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 1)

Haha, it does, but itā€™s steak made from moose meat. He told me venison so I thought it was deer but he said it was moose later. It was certainly very juicy and delicious, just chewy as he warned me beforehand.

1 Like

Look at the end of the day we all want to coexist here. There are certain guidelines set up and we need to follow them. If we donā€™t like the way a certain thread is laid out we donā€™t need to visit it. None of us set the rules around here. There is no point in getting into arguments with folks and I for one try to take everyoneā€™s thoughts to heart.

OG is the greatest site I have come across and I am proud to be a member. I have no issues with anyone here and appreciate all the work done in the background to keep this place running smoothly. I am currently chomping at the bit to get my next grow going and hope that we can all continue to respect one another including those with differing opinions. Letā€™s all take a deep breath and grow on beer3|nullxnull

11 Likes

That sounds interesting! Never had moose.

I believe the issue with meesh was how she approached the issue and talked down to people. Her point and how youā€™re stating it is completely valid but youā€™re breaking it down into a much more reasonable and polite way than she was. A moderator should be making a post like yours not talking rudely to people.

4 Likes

Lol no mas por favor

1 Like

I disparaged no one, nor did I show disdain for their grows.

I simply question the need for condescension.

Just because someone is a mod does not make their behavior above question or reproach.

3 Likes

It was my first time to be honest. My cousinā€™s girlfriend seemed kind of nervous talking about how they butchered it so I was like ā€œwait, you mean this came from like, an actual animal? ā€¦jkā€ to lighten the mood.

On another note, took my little one on a candy run and hes got pretty good taste :joy: Gummy smurfs!?? YES PLEASE

6 Likes

I agree with that in principle, but for quite some time now many of the mods have been making gentler suggestions and other efforts like timing out that thread. and the community did not respond by exercising self control.

@yetigrows

No sour warheads?

2 Likes

Whereā€™s the gummy bears???

We have a bag of those at home!!

1 Like

I said you can get whatever you want and he was about to get bears but the smurf bag is blue of course. I wish I could still eat candy all day and not be a fat ass.

4 Likes

c1d36aa18d104cc70678d29763545fab652ddbd7
image-177 (1)

6 Likes

But at the same time itā€™s become the thread to stop by and ask a quick grow question when you need an answer fast which is fantastic and directly in line with what the site is. If the person has a grow journal they would generally mention the info they gained in it so that info ends up exactly as intended- searchable by keyword surrounded with pics and results, a database of knowledge.

While the chatting back and forth may bother some people it doesnā€™t hinder the thread or forumā€™s purpose. Seeds are given and requested in there as intended and I donā€™t think anyone needs to reference if StevySativa got a 5 pack of Worrywart beans for quoting a movie properly. So the argument that it shouldnā€™t be cluttered for easy reference doesnā€™t really track. If the chatting doesnā€™t interfere with free seeds and clones being offered, and grow knowledge generally makes it to the intended areas Iā€™m at a loss what the issue is, besides just personal preference.

I believe the ā€œone and doneā€ posting situation there and no need to reference things there is part of why it turned into the watercooler.

5 Likes

Hey @zephyr , you make very valid points. Those who run this place have tried to quietly slow things down and it did not work. Now it seems they are being forced to use other methods to alter things. I have seen the quiet asks and followed those requests but not everyone has heeded the warning signs. It was only a matter of time before things came to a head and itā€™s unfortunate. I do feel that how folks bring up issues and talk to each other is very important and can be the defining factor in how people react to it but at the end of the day we are just users, this is not our site and we donā€™t make the rules. Itā€™s just up to us to respect them.

EDIT: For the record I would say that I have not missed the point of what the site is meant for. This is why I have had so many threads, a grow log and separate seed run since I got here with new ones weeks away.

6 Likes

My boy saw me open this :joy: he screamed Oh!! cookie monster!!! Had to hide my phone.

4 Likes

Itā€™s safe for kidsā€¦lol

2 Likes

Maybe Bebeā€™s Kids!

1 Like