Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 1)

My cousin fed me moose steak last night, it was chewy but delicious!!

5 Likes

Idk what im having for dinner yet . But Iā€™m starvin

Oh Iā€™m not complaining, Iā€™m just saying I could eat steak 3 meals a day, 7 days a week and be happy.

2 Likes

This sounds dirtyā€¦ Like slang I donā€™t want to learnā€¦

4 Likes

I think one of the points that you guys are missing is that this site is meant for sharing cultivation knowledge and documentation. It happens to be one of the few forums that allows seed trading and giveaways, but the purpose of the site and the community is to be a repository of knowledge.

The trading post was meant to be a place for people looking for something specific or offering something in trade.

The free seeds and clones thread has been around for a long time, and did not have much activity until recently.

The idea of that thread was pretty much to ā€œcorralā€ all the free seed giveaways into one place so that they wouldnā€™t clutter the other topics or forum categories with non-informational posts. If you consider this you will see that the grow discussions and unrelated chat in the free seed and clone thread has subverted the original purpose of the thread.

I think you guys should consider that the mods are the community organizers and the ones who maintain the infrastructure you are using. Itā€™s kind of concerning to see people disparaging moderators and talented growers like meesh. She is a site leader comunity moderator, it is quite literally her job to steer discussions into the correct category.

It seems like a lot of people are feeling some sense of ownership of that corner of the site. Itā€™s a community resource like a public park, you may be the ones using it but that doesnā€™t mean you own the soccer field or the baseball diamond.

9 Likes

Nothing on urban dictionary, youā€™re safe.

2 Likes

Haha, it does, but itā€™s steak made from moose meat. He told me venison so I thought it was deer but he said it was moose later. It was certainly very juicy and delicious, just chewy as he warned me beforehand.

1 Like

Look at the end of the day we all want to coexist here. There are certain guidelines set up and we need to follow them. If we donā€™t like the way a certain thread is laid out we donā€™t need to visit it. None of us set the rules around here. There is no point in getting into arguments with folks and I for one try to take everyoneā€™s thoughts to heart.

OG is the greatest site I have come across and I am proud to be a member. I have no issues with anyone here and appreciate all the work done in the background to keep this place running smoothly. I am currently chomping at the bit to get my next grow going and hope that we can all continue to respect one another including those with differing opinions. Letā€™s all take a deep breath and grow on beer3|nullxnull

11 Likes

That sounds interesting! Never had moose.

I believe the issue with meesh was how she approached the issue and talked down to people. Her point and how youā€™re stating it is completely valid but youā€™re breaking it down into a much more reasonable and polite way than she was. A moderator should be making a post like yours not talking rudely to people.

4 Likes

Lol no mas por favor

1 Like

I disparaged no one, nor did I show disdain for their grows.

I simply question the need for condescension.

Just because someone is a mod does not make their behavior above question or reproach.

3 Likes

It was my first time to be honest. My cousinā€™s girlfriend seemed kind of nervous talking about how they butchered it so I was like ā€œwait, you mean this came from like, an actual animal? ā€¦jkā€ to lighten the mood.

On another note, took my little one on a candy run and hes got pretty good taste :joy: Gummy smurfs!?? YES PLEASE

6 Likes

I agree with that in principle, but for quite some time now many of the mods have been making gentler suggestions and other efforts like timing out that thread. and the community did not respond by exercising self control.

@yetigrows

No sour warheads?

2 Likes

Whereā€™s the gummy bears???

We have a bag of those at home!!

1 Like

I said you can get whatever you want and he was about to get bears but the smurf bag is blue of course. I wish I could still eat candy all day and not be a fat ass.

4 Likes

c1d36aa18d104cc70678d29763545fab652ddbd7
image-177 (1)

6 Likes