Cheap seeds wanted

I’d like to add another thought. Genetics are very important. Ive grown mediocre genetics very well and ended up disappointed because of all the time and effort I put into them. They were beautiful plump buds. They were grown to their genetic potential, which just wasn’t there. In my opinion, unless you’re fairly certain you’re going to mess them to royally anyway, it’s a good idea to start out with some excellent genetics.

2 Likes

I sent him an email at bogland72 @ gmail . com and he sent ma a pricelist (most expensive was to buy 1 pack at $60) minimum 13 seeds per pack and seed list with descriptions edit… 13 seeds not 3 lol

3 Likes

I just sent him an email as well. @BogSeeds keep on the lookout :slight_smile:

I got my bog genetics from the man himself. Mrs BOG handles the emails. Ordered three packs of 13 beans for $120. They’re super friendly and very fast with shipping.

4 Likes

these threads are torture for a recovering strainaholic! My New Year’s Resolution NOT to buy more seeds is already looking weak. :smile:

13 Likes

@Muleskinner I feel your struggle. I have a mean looking pack of asphalt of really tempting me but I don’t have the money and I have too many beans for my purpose already.

2 Likes

Yeah… I told myself similar things about lighting and grow spaces… but I foresee that not lasting long lol.

3 Likes

Happy days are here again!

2 Likes

I’ve had some luck blunting the urge to buy expensive seeds and lights will smaller shopping binges like this - picked up more base mix and the sexy Italian containers I like - couple of big 7 gallons should do the job nicely:

Got to love the sexy Italian Containers.

You know the plants like to look their best on school day!

99%

2 Likes

@Jellypowered If you’d like to pop some Crockett Family Farms “Tangie F2s”, I’d gladly ship you some for FREE. Just shoot me a PM dude.
Can’t beat free seeds… All I ask is you update me with pics :sunglasses:

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Selling Traded Seeds

Damn… ive been having some trouble germinating for my second grow. Logged my first one (CFL grow) with awesome results. These are old bag seeds that came from very good stuff but i have no idea what is what… usually just toss them in a paper tower for a night or two and open them back up to taproots… not this time… have popped 3/8 seeds … tried dunking, paper towel in tupperware, paper towel/plastic bag, etc. etc.

cant get them to pop. I keep them on top of my ps4 so they are getting solid heat.

I should just let me next hermie grow out and pop off 100 seeds so i can at least keep the garden running… do not like downtime!

edit:
On the verge of using some light sanding or even a gentle slice down the seam to help the process. Stubborn. They sunk to the bottom immediately yesterday when i tried the dunk method. One of them sprouted a taproot within 2 hours on the bottom of the water… Pulled them out after about 4 hours and have them in a tupperware with layers of damp paper towel, sitting on my ps4… roughly 90% humidity / 80-85 F in inside (put a therm. there to make sure it wasn’t getting too hot)… Seems like the bottom-up heat from the ps4 should be perfect as the seeds are saturated (i assume because they sunk immediately).

Any suggestions welcome!

If seeds don’t have the vigor to pop their shell your better off getting new seeds. In some cases it might b worth taking more advanced measures but not for random bag seed. Also don’t pollinate with hermi plant’s. Use a forced hermi or male. Your best bet is to learn to clone.

3 Likes

Any idea of temp? :seedling:

1 Like

@Skiball - Not really an option right now… I have a garden on rotation and live in alaska so seeds are not readily available to me… I’ve been collecting bag seeds for about 3- 4 years from top shelf plants like GG4, OG Kush, Ely, White Widow, ,etc. but would literally have to wait probably 2 - 3 weeks to even start something if i were to go down the road of buying top shelf seeds. Considering this is 100% CFL, I am not willing to do that considering how well the last grow went. When I upgrade to LED/HID, I will then consider throwing money at seeds. So far my total cost is roughly 60 with about 7 /month electrical. Harvested 4.5 ounces of TOP shelf last grow.

If you look at my CFL grow log , you can see what I grew using the seeds you are suggesting i just toss out. As mentioned in the post, I will produce some seeds the next chance i get but was just wondering some advanced technique for popping stubborn seeds(they are still hard as a rock)… Just not willing to spend $15 on a seed without a full blown grow room.

Thank you.

3 Likes

What color are they?

2 more…

can you still see the stripes that were there when you popped them

and

do you have a sense of germination success rate with these seeds?

1 Like

More advanced techniques cost $.

Well it’s a mixed bag so … varries slightly. Before i put them in water they were generally a dark green/grey with tiger stripes, good sized, etc.

A always toss in a couple smaller / greener ones just to see if they sprout, too.

Right now they are very dark and saturated. The white seams on a couple seem to be swelling, hopefully i will see a couple more taproots later today.

I have probably a good 60 - 75 seeds total and only need 4 or 5 plants growing at a time… so its not a huge deal, just a tad freustrating as ive never had any trouble sprouting cannabis seeds. l can just keep throwing seeds in the water until i have enough sprouts, was just looking for some advice on how to give stubborn seeds a push after doing hours of research reading old threads, etc.so I don’t throw out good seeds that might just need a boost to get going.

@Skiball - Hey man what the deal? Yes, seeds cost money. I was just asking for some technique on sprouting old seeds… I’ve read of people using knives and sandpaper to help get the water in… etc. i have those items so no, that wouldn’t cost me any money.

It’s not a case of not having money to spend, it’s a case of physical limitation in my house right now. I would have a full blown LED grow room setup except my wife and I are moving in 6 months so i’m not going to invest 5 thousand on a grow room that im going to tear down before i can even get a harvest.

Working with what i have… again, was just asking.If you think i should just shitcan the whole thing and sulk it out, that’s fine.
Not how I do things :slight_smile: Was considering purchasing some Gibberellic Acid if i keep hitting duds.

@99PerCent
Thanks for the replies man. I mean yeah i can still see some texture/stripes on maybe 3 out of 5 of them… others have been soaking for over 7 days so they are getting pretty much straight grey/brown)… I’m guessing those ones were not mature to begin with… There area couple that are very large and look fine, thinking of maybe dunking them again for a couple hours after a slight abrasion session and see what happens.

3 Likes