Cheap seeds wanted

Gots to try.

My limited experience is that when those strips are fully disappeared, unlikely they will germ. I think there is a fungus that blackens the seeds eventually.

Best of luck.

How is mail between the lower 48 and the “last refuge”?

2 Likes

Lol fine. 2 - 3 days USPS anywhere in USA. And it’s legal here so no worries on that… just no local stores or anything as far as getting some quick seeds. As mentione dI’ll probably just gorw my next herm out and collect.

Thank you for your perspectives, much appreciated.

@Skiball - Thanks as well- everyone has a different take on things and i totally understand the mentality of not messing with something that is going to be a battle to grow… i just dont have many options in this very moment.

1 Like

think you’re right as far as the color goes… I’ve personally never not been able to germinate a fully mature seed but… these ones are getting a little old now.

I have a 2 week old GG4 seed that im saving for my LED room. I’d pop that thing in a second but no way am i wasting it on a one time CFL grow… Going to mommy that bitch up and clone off of it. In like 3 years when i have a true grow room (grad school).

Thanks again

1 Like

On germinating old seeds, an article i had saved from high times last year.

Five tips for germinating old seeds.

1. Dilute 10ml (roughly one tsp) of Fulvic acid per litre (33 oz) of water.

2. Scuff the outer shell of the seed with some sand paper. Roll up a small cigar or sand paper or line a match box and gently shake the seeds over it. This will create micro abrasions letting in more water.

3. Use a lightly carbonated water. The extra Co2 will help the water penetrate the seed.

4. Use a light enzyme or seed booster, Plagron Nutrients has a very good one.

5. Finally if all else fails use an Exacto knife to slightly slice the seed open down the spine of the seed. This will make it easier for water to penetrate the shell.

And quoted from Jl Hudson Seeds

I use these methods to germ my 4-5 year old pepper seeds that haven’t been stored properly and I go from 25% success to about 85%.

8 Likes

Hands of a surgeon, I have not.

Two green thumbs, sure.

4 Likes

I tried knife on 2 of them just now… didn’t cut through anything but lightly cut into the white seam (as precisely as i could) used a thumb filer other two. the other 4 have now sprouted and are in soil.

I’m considering another dunk tomorrow in warm-hot water , i mean these seeds will be 5+ days at this point so i don’t think i have all that much to lose…hopefully they will sprout tonight after the slight cut/erosion.

But yeah, dunking in water shot out a root within 30 minutes on one that had been sitting in a paper towel for days, yesterday. That being said, they all immediately sunk to the bottom of the shotglass so im not sure how that would help at this point aside from maybe the weight of the water pressure adding a little bit of force to water penetration of shell.

They’re sitting in a tupperware at about 85 F with 90% humidity right now in between wet paper towels (the 4th sprouted today in that, sitting on top of my ps4 for bottom-heat).

2 Likes

Looked into GA-3 today and it sounds promising for old seeds.

Any recommendations on something like sub-$20?
There is a lot out there and some is very expensive.

I tend to take the home remedy route when possible (epsom salt, eggshells/vinegar for calcium carbonate for cal-mag)… Hydrogen peroxide for root growth on clone… so far so good.

I don’t like the idea of throwing a lot of money at what i consider to be expensive bottles of water (General Hydroponics) for instance. Except for something like say, Azamax, that shit is priceless.

So far ive used very cheap/free methods and have had great results. But for something like this, I’m guessing it’s going ot need to be a purchase (which is fine, i just love the science behind all of this and prefer to muster up my own solutions when possible).

Thank you

2 Likes

I think the main variable causing this was temperature. I live in alaska and have never done a grow during the winter (ambient temp is 60 degree in my home… I always just wetted a paper towel and put it in my sock drawer for a day or two to come back to a large taproot without a shell even sometimes. This is usually spring/summer when temps are a good 70- 75 inside).

I think the key was hitting them with some heat (and i think the dunk helped as well) … basically you just have to “help them along” a little bit it seems like… They are dormant and have been for years in some cases and need a bit of a jolt to wake up. As long as they have been stored correctly (and were mature and healthy to begin with) it seems that they will eventually sprout for the most part… I’ll follow up with the ones i used slight abrasion/knife technique on.

Any reason to dunk again? They sunk instantly last time… im considering it since i used file/knife, maybe the water pressure will force itself in? Right now i have the last 4 in paper towel…

3 Likes

There are tons of options out there under 20$ shipped. With Ga-3 a little goes a LONG way.

There’s a seller on etsy that sells 90% purity ga-3 for like 12$ a bottle. Distilled water plus some of the powder (I use a meter to check ppm content) it works out to something like 1g of the powder (smallest size the seller sellls) in about 2 liters of distilled water will get you where you need to be. This will last you a long time as you only need enough solution to soak the seed till it sinks/swells.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/450057800/supergrow-gibberellic-acid-90-high?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=supergrow%20Gibberellic%20Acid&ref=sr_gallery_2

I’ll edit the link in a minute so it’s easier to read dunno how to hyperlink via mobile.

4 Likes

Thank you- Is that the exact person you buy it from or just an example?
Homemade but if it works, i’ll grab that up no problem.

2 Likes

It is, and it works for me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome- Already messaged them on Etsy. 12 bucks for a gram 20 for 5 grams… I’m guessing I’ll only use this once or twice to be honest. Thank you VERY much!

2 Likes

Interesting tips…

It’s that time of year to get your seeds. Bogland72@gmail.com :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

The problem whith Leda1 is that ya can have a keeper n “textil hemp” in the same pack, in my own experience…

2 Likes

@Jellypowered, about cheap original seeds, I would like to recomend to ya n to everybody Koriki Forest, breeded by my friend Sr. Bogavant (the same breeder of the Dandy Dance ya can see inna “The Dogs’ House”): 5 feminized seeds for 12’5 €.

https://www.tropicalseedscompany.com/shop/outlet/78-kokiri-forest.html

Kokiri forest is a cross between a blueberry from dj.Short from 1998 with Dancehall Mapetit. A Blueberry as the ones before, the scent which gives is yummy, touches of mature fruit and blueberries with an average yield made this Blueberry our chosen to be crossed with our winner. DanceHall Mapetit is a selected vine and winner of some prizes, its ratio of THC/CBD is 1;1 and we could describe it as tasty and with a really good yield.

Kokiri forest grows as an indica plant with wide leaves and short internodes and it brings up all its personality if you fertilize it with ecological fertilizers.

You will love it during flowering, its smell is a mixture of orange crust, red berries and an spicy touch takes possession of the whole crop room. Its taste is delightful very sweet and with a background like red berries and clementines.

The effect is undoubtedly the best of this plant which will allow you enjoy a great taste and wont leave you in the lurck, with an energizing effect without making you nervous thank to CBD and a good touch of THC for enjoying a good inspiring balloon and it is very social. Ideal to take away the pain and continue with your daily routine without feeling heavy.

Genetics: Blueberry dj Short x Mapetit

THC & CBD: between 15% and 18% of THC and high values of CBD in all the individuals which are between 2% and 5%.

Yield: Average – High

Flowering time: indoors between 65 and 75 days; outdoors between 5th and 20th October.

7 Likes

Very good plant of our friend Sr. Bogavant, I put it last year, it came out very rich and now with 2 months of healing even more

6 Likes

Always willing to fill orders large or small. Bogland72@gmail.com

Located in California? We deliver. Bog Seeds :sunglasses:

8 Likes

If you want cheap and goood quality seeds go to MRnice seedbank shantibaba is a well known brother you can find pure gems in some of the lines, I don’t know if you know anything about the story of cannabis in europe but these people are a major part of it.

Stay away of the kush quadrouple hybrids, for me those plants just lost their vigor.

Be well.

7 Likes

Also, as a last point take care of the good plants you americans, stay away from factory produced MJ… These plants can be GMO bullshit. Grow your own, select the breeders, do research, test out and you will find what you are looking for.

Be well my Brothers.

4 Likes

BOGseeds FTW. A great service, genetics, and prices. Here’s a lower of some freshly dried blue kush.

15 Likes