Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Sprouts look good! I leave 'em way longer than that, I wait until the seed pod pops off. I do the gravity sprouting method in a vertical bag.

2 Likes

well i have hope now!

thank you

i put them in soaked jiffy pellets in P.H. 6.3 water in a milk carton for a few days. then squeezed them 3/4 dry and put in the plastic tray

i have to make some labels for them

1 Like

May 20 2023

Flower update + seedling tent . scrapped the cloner…

TRAINWRECK

Snow Monkey got a little bend on apex

FAK #2

GROUP SHOT

LEFT TO RIGHT
SNOW MONKEY
FRONT MIDDLE FAK 1
BACK TRAIBWRECK
FRONT RIGHT FAK 2
BACK RIGHT EARLY FLOWER BBXHP TESTER

SEEDLINGS
cheeze. okg . chuckd skunkberry. g13xhp

8 Likes

flower tent #2

liking these girls@
GG#4 left
BBXHP middle
right BC BIG BUD
far right. ghost rose

@ReikoX & @Mr.Sparkle
that ghost rose absolutely STINKS!! like burning rubber / chemical / grape bubble gum lol
it over powers everything and i smell it night after night.

how do you know when a auto is finished?? it sprouted i would say March 01. well on 84 days now! doesnt look finished to me- it also didnt have the most ideal up bringing…lots of neglect - but it persevered

8 Likes

well how are the buds looking on the auto, as for me would of been in the 63-70ish day range.

2 Likes

oh they are pretty airy and loose! lol but damn stinky and sticky

trichomes appear whiteish.

its kind of been in the back corner since i planted it.

ill get a good picture tomorrow.

they are well past 70 days however it wasnt well cared for. i planted it by accident inn recycled hot soil from a male plant . burned it several more times with too much nutrients. never up potted it

rough conditions.

it could very well be finished! but to me it looks comparable to 4-5 weeks into flower!

2 Likes

this was may 16
crap photos unfortunately

7 Likes

yeah still look like more time, and with me saying that 63-70 days that’s when things go smoothly, less light, shorter days, issues at the start can all slow down autos, so kinda still looks like the standard “2 more weeks” from the general photos but really :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

:slight_smile: thanks for the aid in my ghost rose plant!

she will get some more time!

things definitely havent been smooth for her lol

but it does give me interest in growing this and autos!

3 Likes

chopped off a bunch of lower sites thay were just fluff…the plant has maybe 5 main dense buds.

should have chopped them off sooner.

and my seedlings.
ive got the tray with heat mat on cycle - ON TOP of the humidity dome lol to keep off cold concrete and bring closer to the light.
really need to make my labels because ive got another 2 without ID

5 Likes

bunch of stuff going on!

a clone in the middle that WONT grow…roots are growing…plant hasnt grown in 4-5 weeks

6 Likes

Give it some nute juice it should do something.

1 Like

perfect lol i gave her a cup full today! 300ppm .

oh

@Mr.Sparkle
got a photo of ghost rose, not getting direct light & neglected.

goin to run these again . what a lady!

4 Likes

yeah still looks like it needs some more time but :man_shrugging:

and yeah that corner seems low in light, i need to re read what your running in there

1 Like

this was a veg tent with a light from amazon. Maxsisun pb2000

broke the remote for brightness …dont know what % its on lol

i casually flipped the veg tent to flower with 3 plants and the auto in the corner.

really never got direct light

1 Like

yeah if stuffed in the corner and having the others take the light with it running away height wise i can see that, and running at full should be enough on that light if it is anyways.

1 Like

thanks!

so - quick question

i remember when i started growing. my friend retrofitted his basement into a grow zone…pandafilm on rooms to divide them

his lights were hanging from celings and plants always grew tall - no tents -
and mine grew short in tents.
our or my rationale was the plants stretched to the lights if far away…and my plants didnt ever stretch because the lights was so close / accessible lol

his environment was essentially a warm jungle… mine at the time - some crappy blurples in a concrete sub earth basement in winter

1 Like

plants stretch more so from areas of low light to areas on greater light, if they have enough light then they dont necessarily do that even to the point where they can slow down to prevent damage.

Obviously though there is a bunch of other factors like pot volume, watering frequency , room temp ect ect

2 Likes

100% agree just not lights it’s the whole environment.

2 Likes

Just posted my room numbers for you.

1 Like