Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

for my shop where my winter grows go down, it is a concrete floor. the building walls are 2x6 construction with r26 insulation. I didn’t build it, it came that way. I did however build out my grow area and the first thing I did was lay down some styrofoam with came in 16" width 1 1/2 " thick. In between and on the outside edges I laid down 2x4’s flat in the floor and in between each piece of styrofoam. Skinned over that with some 3/16" sheathing plywood and some cheap homedepot fake checkerplate flooring and it makes all the difference. I don’t have to worry about pots being on the floor anymore.

2 Likes

damn!

grow room fun!

jungle in there!!!

they are growing very tall and natural.

@SHSC-1

i have some r16 insulation board . 2 - 2.5

will have to incorporate it

thanks!

2 Likes

this will do the trick

4 Likes

both flower tents are doing great
And i dont know why i never raised thr second tent light.
so much more ditrobution

@ShiskaberrySavior
@SHSC-1
both fak are doing great.
@Barefrog :wink:

train wreck.
snow monkey and more

7 Likes

hey @ how did this work out after??? lol :wink:

1 Like

Shit’s ridiculous, but things went pretty well :ok_hand:

1 Like

thats good to hear !

i was scrolling through my journal to see when I put the Trainwreck into flower tent.
somewhere between end of march and april 2nd

i cant imagine it going another 10 days .but will run it another week for sure!

its getting sloppy!
i only just bent the top over a few days ago.
hopefully she swells a little more LOL

20230524_194753

9 Likes

That looks juicy, makes me want to do a freezer dive. I have a handful of “trainwreck” beans from a friend in Cali. never thought they were the true thing, cuz this kid aint in the scene so to speak, but the smoke he gave me was fire, so maybe they are real after all.

Looks great in there, keep up the good work

3 Likes

if you have the space - run them!!!

ive ran so much from OG

i have a few goals i want to accomplish…

run a SOG / scrog

and a large out door plant

and a manifold!

also want to grow a dozen or two main colas lol

6 Likes

everything is looking great!
@CADMAN that snow monkey is easy to see where it got its name@@@ covered in trichs!!
put in flower tent April 20th

and now trainwreck . gotta be close. flipped end of started flower april 2nd

then FAK #1 AND # 2
i gotta double check when i flipped
April 2nd they were flipped
looking pretty close to cooked

11 Likes

omg!

ive had my seedling tent timer FUCKED lol

i meant to have the lights out between 2pm and 6pm…
they were off from 6pm until 2pm lol
fml darkness for 20 hours
i guess my 3 other plants in there are gonna be messy lol

2 Likes

i am done… this is four grows in a row all seeded up

nothing fully developed.

all little white sacks!

cutting down to 1-3 plants… after this. with summer coming…

getting crazy…first 4-5 grows i did i never had any seeds

Dam sorry to hear that.

1 Like

I would guess that one of the plants you put outside is the culprit as far as tracing where the pollen could be coming from.

As a casual observation… and please don’t take this the wrong way… this is nothing more than advice and positive energy your way. Simplifying your garden and space and not taking on too much at one time. Veg the plants 6 to 8 weeks and flip. Top and train if you must but keeping them in veg too long and trying to train them is just too much stress. Couple that with the PH issues that are also pretty major stressors.
Running multi strain grows is not easy sometimes and reducing stress on the plants in veg should be key. Then keeping nutrient and water inputs properly PH’d then entire grow.
Then… always visit your most further along flowering plants first, before opening any other tent… do you work with them and close em back up. This limits pathogen and insect exposure from the rest of the crop and potential pollen from other tents.
I have had a bubba kush S1 drop late nanners in the lowers… in fact more than one “kush type” hybrid I have run as done the same. That is where I would look first paying close attention to the lowers flowers on the branches and looking right where the flower joins the stem.
Overall though, you seem keen, with a desire to learn and I have been following your grow as much for that reason as the presence of my seeds in your grow. I think with a bit of self control and plant management, this will become second nature to you in time. Human beings were made to grow plants… it’s wired into our dna… our dna that tells us to OverGrow the Universe :sunglasses:

2 Likes

i remembered about the seeded bubbakush i evicted 3/ 4 weeks ago. ive been running it in and out of the garage .

lol my tents have definitely been subject to many stress events.

3 older cheap tents with different light schedules. lots of light leaks.

and many different varietys . unfiltered ventilation systems.

ive been running everything pretty free willy .

i usually do one tent at a time as they are on different schedules.

but potential for transfer is high.

thanks guys.

its all a experience. and would be suprising if i made it out without herms or seeds lol

i did have plants vegging for 2.5 months

going to carry out a more controlled grow in the future.

ive been going guerilla style down inn the furnace room growing this winter

thanks again@

appreciate all input always@

3 Likes

of course man.

i like to throw my self all in when i find something i like doing.

thee growing itself is therapeutic and as is having a hobby for most people & especially a person like my self .

its a bummer finding out - but im well aware i was not following strict protocol , and running a wide variety of genetics fun part lol

im trying to wonder if im best off letting everything run for 3 weeks and let some seed fully develop and chop the whole thing.

pretty upset if the snow monkey gets hit … its 3 full weeks into flower…prime to get hit right now.

everytging else is choppable.

i can move the BBXHP tester into my 2nd flower tent with GG4 BCBIGBUD and another bbxhp n auto.

or should i keeep that second flower tent on lock down so many scenarios

nothing really matters until i finish up everything and start a more stringent grow plan.

i love growing a little bit of everything going through all regs . takes a bit of work

ill learb from trial and error…experience… i hope

have a great evening and week

:wink:

3 Likes

You have to start cloning the stable genetics and growing buds. You’ll probably find a rogue in there spreading pollen!

1 Like

choppa choppa down

hahaha im such a p.o.s… i havent checked on my garden since sunday when i found them…

i did just water the seedlings a little though . but i havent looked in other tents lol

too tired from work.

theyll need water soon lol

2 Likes

I can’t make 2 days with out droopy plants they need watering daily .I take yours are out doors?

1 Like

haha no they are indoor.
i just checked on them

they are NOT happy

the auto is full on slumped

photos are super ready @ 60+ days

i wonder if i should run them 2 more weeks to ancticipate the seeds develop?..

2 Likes