Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

FLUSHIng 9lb…putting 75L through the medium - who knew a laundry room could double as a gardeners shack
Found a few browning leafs…worried aboht root rot…maybe too much heat? Heat stress??. Going to check trichs but really hopingfor 60days

get a dehumidifer they said

Lol just a joke, i am running it outside the tent room

6 Likes

Trichome Maturity very inconsistent
Same plant different bud sites.
I’d really prefer to harvest the entire plant At once, so I hope I can have the trichomes maturity fairly consistent.

Would I just make a note of less mature flower sites when I harvest, for personal use? Doesn’t seem like It would be too difficult on a small scale grow . . .

I can give the plant 7-10 more days before my head explodes.

Thanks everyone for the help throughout.

Apologize for all the redundancy

7 Likes

Everything looks good man. I’ve never really had buds that were dry in the middle. Are the dry or hollow like there rotting?
Ultimately you can take your plants when you want. Of corse a lot of us like to see what they look like when they mature.
Trichome shots look very nice buy the way. :+1:
If everything is straight personal what you got going on is fine. I give more away then I smoke.

1 Like

Thanks for inquiring about the dry-ness.

I felt a couple a few days ago were a bit crispy on the outside, still dense feeling. I don’t think think they have rotted . The leaves just felt really dry along with the flowers on a couple of the main branches . Compared to the other plants . I may have waited a bit too long to Water.

The two under the blurple Have more moisture it seems .

Ha ha- definitely personal! I will also -definitely- be giving away more than I’ll ever consume!

I will hopefully be able to store the finished product for Some time to come.

I think my main reason for wanting to harvest early is that I am worried i MAY run into issues . . It just feels like a gamble , ya know? I would definitely like to see some premium golden buds!! Risk/reward. . . .i want to play it safe lol

I can and will wait, but if the yield has maxed out and the desired effects are sufficient after 60 Days, I don’t see any reason To continue. . . I would very much like to concede My grow cherry! LOL

3 Likes

The advertised flower time for 9lb hammer is 7-8 weeks, which sounds super short to Me, 49-56 days?? I do know that those flowering times are not necessarily scripture.

I will use the harvest indicators which I have come to learn from my online research and O.G. Family.

Ive got me a dried sample from day 48 to try tomorrow. So that will be interesting. WIll Be first thing tomorrow! :axe: :axe: :axe: LOL
Let’s just hope I don’t forget it morning LOL

I did notice My previous sample, maybe day 43 , the Effects were very pleasure but not long lasting.

2 Likes

Oh the outside. Sorry sometime my brain thinks I’m reading but I’m really not. There’s only a couple things that come to mind. High temps or under watering. Can we get a couple pics of these dry buds sir?

THey seem fine now!
And damN!l todays 9lb sample,from day 48 is RIPE. Tasted great and hit me like a ton of bricks first thing this morning. Worked wonders for pain . Still zomped and it’s been 6 hours, but I did smoke a smalll one of the chem dawg at around 11:30 lol
The Chemdawg taste absolutely awful on exhale. Tons of rotten after taste…definitly needs to be flushed . It’s possibly it was just very immature

Can’t imagine it getting much heavier !!! Lol just as Good or. better than anything I’ve smoked in a while.

The plants have purple traits i believe . The Cold temps at night may have had helped bring that out.

Just took some photos with blurple off,

7 Likes

9lb is definitly going to be a favourite. It was one plant ththat didnt seem To take on ANY PM. Had very bulky strong stalks , and grew big dense buds. And is potant! Seems like I’ll have a good yield. I’m thinking 2-2.5 oz at least for sure from the 9lb hammer. I’ve never harvested before so I don’t know what I expect…im a pretty good guesser though :wink:

1 Like

I think the plant is almost done.
Over night whata. difference in trichome transition
How are thse little guys looking in terms of development ?

These are all from today , diffe n bud sites

7 Likes

Heya!

Time for me to prepare a dry room of some sort…

I need some help with this…

I have 3 locations to choose from

And then retrofitting the space…quickly…supplys won’t be a issue i don’t think. I would like to hang dry ,

A) I have a garage with lots of space , however there is another girl growing in there, and im not sure if it’s good on air quality for drying .

I could section off a part of the garage , get some hangers and run a fan .

B) a spare room in basement has a closet, would have to run a fan and hang it , i imagine this would stink out the house and I’m not sure I can remove the moisture

C) move all the living plants in garage and convert the tent into a drying room l sanitize and Haven controlled ventilation and humidity…

2 Likes

If you harvest all of them put them back in the tent they came from. Run the circulation fan for the first 24 then after that just the exhaust.
I’m glad your buds are not drying up anymore.

1 Like

Had to get started.
Chopped a few limbs.

Will hang with Fann …

3 Likes

A lot of work omg.

Gratitude to all my OG.ers

7 Likes

Looking good man!

1 Like

Something about trimming with music makes a big difference !

2 Likes

Doesn’t take long fo the hand to cramp up!

7 Likes

63 grams wet chopped tonight! (Bag was tared)
Lots of the plant left

4 Likes

My drying set up is pretty retro right now …it’s a old wooden cabinet and I have the buds hanging from a thin fishing wire and a fan blowing on them.

The air quality is not controlled…it is dark , but I wouldn’t say it’s cool…after tonight I will create a permanent dry area.

How do I go about drying the small buds? Obviously I can’t hang them,
That would probably be a reason to dry trim…leave them onnthe branch. I found it easier to snip the lower ones and trim them individually.

Is that parachment Paper of any Use for drying ? I know you don’t want to lay buds flat , so I’m not sure what to do, just shake it all up every now and then?

2 Likes

Some bloody trichomes? Funky!

5 Likes

I like to listen Box of Oddities podcasts when doing time. I have cardboard trays I sit my small buds in. Just move em around a little bit. Twice a day maybe. Will help them not be so flat on one side.
I’m very happy for you my friend.

2 Likes