Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Whats that the Mars hydro ts 1000?

1 Like

I wish, knock off version it think

Maxisun MF1500

5 Likes

The ts 1000 was cheaper but the one you have may be nicer.

2 Likes

Soooo, how would this set up for flowering ??? LOL

It’s rigged up pretty bad ass.
WIll it be too much light???

6 Likes

Right now yes. It is to much.
Flip them to 12/12 and let them do there thing under one light. In about a week see how there looking. As they get bigger you can add more light.
Any time you change a variable in your tent your going to want to be more attentive (A-Tent-tiv… lol). As you get the feel for it you’ll know when to give yourself some slack.
You could use 2 light to see if they respond well, but your going to want to watch. If you do start out at least 2 feet from your canopy. You can lower them as long as your not burning them. With LEDs light burn looks like bleach blotches on the leaves.
I think if you started them now you would fill up the tent comfortably.

5 Likes

Thanks man!

I am really hoping the size of plant is due to the INDICA genetics.

Also my pruning and tying down would have slowed everything down.

I would like to wait another week. I watered today, and when they are ready I would like To give them another round of nutrients to see if they respond to them.

SHould i give them some GROW before hand?

They are still very small , I understand they may stretch 1.5x during flower weeks 1-2.

I was hoping to possibly top the bubba and 9lb because there are only like 3 main branches lol…

I’m also wanting to run out the process and experience my first grow. . .and just chalk it up to that’ instead of investing More time into this grow and dragging it out.

I think I’ll flip it in next 7 days and start Some more clones.

Thank you, I understand you’re suggestios to allow the plants to acclimate and introduces new variable slowly (lights) and see how they respond.

Cheers

3 Likes

Did you top one? I would leave them alone for the time being. I would let them get a little fuller. I feel like your growth is a tad stunted. I think if you were to top them it would stall there growth for another week before it bounce back.
They will get double the size they are now when you flower. I would just give them a little LST.

I’ll be back. I want to refresh my memory of what you used earlier before I give you recommendations for adding any nutrients or if they are even necessary.
I remembered you saying you believe you were over watering a tad. Did you always water to run off? And what size pots are you using at the moment.
(I would be really curious to what your roots look like.) Don’t uppot just to see. Lol.

1 Like

To make your life alot easier Up pot to 5 gallon buckets. You could get away with 4. That will give you an adequate amount of nutrients to get you into your flower. The should really take off after that.
Remember dont pack your dirt too much. Just a couple taps on the ground lighty to get it settled. Too packed dirt will inhibit your roots to grow. “The bigger the roots, the bigger the fruits” someone once said.
What kind of soil are you using?
I just noticed something. You have your air vent on the bottom. When you add more light its going to get hotter. If get hoter then 23c especially while your flowering it can cause problems. Just move you duct work to a top port.
Make sure you have NO light leeks while in flower. I can cause them to herm.

1 Like

I was using the duct work to bring in air from a finished warm lung room outside the concrete basement it is in.

I have also then moved it up top to angle some air toward some the plants to have them grow stronger branches for a few hours of the day. Until I see set up oscillating fan, which i just got today

I have another small metal fan up top that I am using to redirect the warm air Fromm top of tent To lower.

I will have the. Ventilation set up properly when flowering comes and control temperatures. I am usually between 22-23.5 during warmest time of day.

I will update with soil mix

3 Likes

They are 3 gallon pots
I will wait to flower for a bit.

I did some pruning today. The internodes /nodes were so close together. I think they will grow now .

I think my lights we’re way to close for part of grow , the plants did not need to stretch for light.

3 Likes

DID SOME pruning.

9lb looks greatest.

Other two are spindly but hope they will shape up after this pruning. There was a lot Bush short nodes I got rid of.
9lb

BUbba

Sherbet sunrise

6 Likes

So the soils is
HP with extra perlite, worm castings , all purpose fertilizers. Gaia green season and a little rock dust

1 Like

When you water do your leaves perk up at all?
The 3 gal. Should be good for a little bit.
The 9lb looks decent. A little perky.
Untill you get the drooping leaves under control I wouldn’t do any more pruning.
Pruning is for better light and air penitration. You have plenty of light. You have some fans.

Maybe some of my soil folks can chime in to help.

1 Like

Hey gang.

I just picked up some peat pods and rooting gel!

Plants are lookin healthy and still growing!

I figure I will take some cuttings now as I want To proceed with putting the into flower!

I will wait until the clones root and take before flipping… so assuming all goes to plan tonight /Tomorrow prepping for clones, 10-14 days before Start my next stage!

2 Likes

I recommend that you leave em alone. They will get stunted agin. Your plants buy now should be around 2 feet. But right now it looks as though there’s not much left to the plants. But thats mu opinion. I would flip them let them finish and start from scratch.

4 Likes

OH lol
I was going to take 1-2 clones lol just for experimentand practice.

I topped them super early by accident so they would not ever reach a significant height I don’t think :frowning: lol , they are growing , slowly ! Lol
ALong with pre mature pruning they are* stunted for sure lol.

I am taking the clone so I can start again regarldess of these plants production , that should My be best course of action…

2 Likes

I haven’t got any seeds and it be some time before could get new clones so I wanted to try and make my own from the strains I already have !

I may even just get rid of these vegged plants and not bother flowering…and re do the veg process correctly hopefully. IT seems like a waste of resource flowering these three dwarfs lol

1 Like

Wow yeah. Since you put it that way. That dose sound like a good way to go. You have clone gel? What are your plans?

1 Like

So i took first clone a couple days before with no clone gel and non ph water and it’s the dying yellow one lol.

Took 3 more with a bit more direction so hopefully they might root! IF they don’t I’ll try again with bigger cuttings .

Plants are doing much better when I leave them alone! I flushed two of them , pretty droopy leafs.

Learning curve is real

7 Likes

I can always tell which one is the 9lb. That one is a trooper. Clone tech is great root gel. Cheap to for how great it is.
It’s true. You can love a plant to death. I’ve done it quite a few times.

3 Likes