Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

LOL, definitely a trooper , I just looked at day 19 earlier in thread :joy:.

I’m not sure which clone gel I bought, it’s purple. Its locked up for night in basement, I’ll have to check the brand name tomorrow’s,

Hey bud do you know about those peat pods?

My bud suggested I let them soak for 24h in ph balance water before inserting cutting, and draining it so it’s not complelty soaked. Also had me soak the cuttings stem 24h, peel the outer skin / bark at bottom and split then put gel on. Lol . . Is that overkill or normal?.. lol
AND yes’m i cut on 45

question from myself, do I just drop the peat pod with clone Into soil after it roots .? or does the wrap thats around the peat pod need to be taken off ? or do the roots bust through? Lol

2 Likes

The process sound right. I know with rockwool you have to soak them in ph water before use. I dont see why peat would be any different. I clone in coco, or used soil because the nutes are depleted in the used soil. Coco dont have nutes either. Clones can take a while. You need to keep you humidity high. Put a plastic dome over them. Or cut some soda bottles in half and put them over top. (I see your dome now) If you snip the tips of your leaves off it will trigger the plant to wanna work on there roots to combat the issue.
I can’t figure out why all but your 9lb is clawing. Are your leaves really dark? I’ve read that it could be ph, excessive nitrogen, over or under watering.
Sometimes I have plant issues and have no idea whats going on. So dont feel bad. You’ll get it down. Just keep trucken. You’re doing good just starting out. You didn’t kill nothing yet. I’ve killed plenty.

5 Likes

The wide one in the back is super claw for a while and colour is going Fromm leaves. I think it was on its way out - so I flushed it with 8-9 L of water. Colour coming back but still droopy claw leaves.

The other one semi flushed also, it’s leaves are turning up today.

I will leave them alone again for a while and see what happens!

3 Likes

THis be the product

2 Likes

It sound like your going in the right direction. I think I have heard of Diablo. But never used it. I seen someone do a cool trick of using a clear solo cup to put there clones in. Then put that cup in a regular solo cup to keep the light out. Roots a light shy. In your case you will see the roots coming out the bottom and sides.

2 Likes

None of clones lived…goin to try again a different way lol way with bigger cuts.

Plants are on they’re way out…S,s is DEAD lol…other two still alive but few leaves turning yellow from the inside…

Seems the rootshave made it to the bottom.

None getting much taller. stems are very thick…

Going to pick up up some more rooted plants from. my BUd …hopefully better luck ;:frowning:

1 Like

I checked the dead plants roots and They ere blocks solid. cOuldnt see soil…I’m guessing they became root bound and couldn’t grow any more

I should have transplanted to 5gal bags.

Cut more clones two days ago and put in dome yesterday .

See how they go.

I’m gettin round2 from my dear Amigo so , better luck next time calix ,

1 Like

That sucks man. Just keep on trucken. You will get it down.

WELL well well!!!
I chopped it all down about 2-3 weeks ago. Was just wasting resources. Clones never took on second round. One plant was slowly dying . And the other two Just seemed super stunted and leaves were turning yellow . It seemed like much to much effort to save them .

I said shut it down and waited to get some new babies.

I’ve got 4 new ones just out of the dome 4-5 days now.

In my tent , everything is ready to go this time, I’ve got a bit much knowledge and experience.

No going to touch them at all, they are already showing few roots from the bottom of party cup drainage holes. They are still very skinny and weak looking at the moment,

Going to transplant them in about a week .
Hoorah!

I was disappointed for a month before I shut the first attempt down, so Im not too upset. I couldn’t let the equipments gather dust either.

Onwards and upwards !

Only question right now is the height of the light for seedling / clones very early stage .

I’m about not 24-30” now I think . . I would like To keep them high so they stretch! Lol something I strugglle with last time

5 Likes

I’m so happy your back at it man. Don’t be to hard on yourself. I grew for a couple years off and on and killed plenty before I could even get to where you are. Then one time i grew a 4 foot plant and was wondering where the buds where. Didn’t know to set the lights to 12/12. Believe me I was a stubborn little shit. Things got confusing when it came to the light schedule. So I thought I would skip over that part of the reading.
Long story short eventually I got it right and had a half lb by fall. It probably helped that my grow was far away. I would have killed them by messing with them too much.

5 Likes

Transplanted yesterday. Everything is running well. This time I made sure the new soil was watered thouroughly with ph balanced Water, and the clones in cups had a bit of water for when they got transplanted .
Will see in a few Days how they take! Hoping for 100% success :slight_smile:

Pretty sure I am working with some Black Garlic clones
Will update with photos and specific strains.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the updates :+1:

WOoo! Things are looking up! Significant growth daily!

Only two water feeding so far.

9 Likes

Hey
Not updates I want …
Things were smashing good .
They we’re Super dark plush green 7 days ago maybe 10.and sooo bushy…

Super super bushy so I prune down and seems like really slow recovery.

And I am pretty sure rout bound.

I have New pots and soil coming this weekend.

Hopefully they recover. Leaves are paleing lots with brown leaves. … . Is this calcium deficiency?
I think my Nute mix was really weak

5 Likes

We’ll…they we’re very root bound…was a bit late getting them transplanting. . . .
Hope they recover :frowning:
7gallon bags. Not full.
Fed nutes full strength 5 litres each
Half in soil before transplant then half and half in old pot and in new pot.

Please please recover ;(

6 Likes

I’m sorry man. I don’t know how I missed your reply. Yeah the up potting should help. I wouldn’t go higher then half strength on the nutes. You got a ph/ppm pen? You shouldn’t go higher then 900 ppm at this stage.
If things look like they are going down hill fast your going to want to flush. Less is always better. Then work your way up.

3 Likes

Just like edibles, you can always eat more, not less.

4 Likes

They need a good flush

Check ph always it’s the root of your issue

You’ll need to make a compost tea and molasses , Epson salts and 1/2 straight cal mag

Remember fertilizer tends to change the ph in the water so always check

Manganese Deficiency

Manganese deficiency symptoms on a cannabis plant

Problem: Leaves may become yellow in between the veins, with mottled brown spots on the affected leaves. These brown dead patches may spread and eventually kill the leaf. Leaves may also shred and fall apart.

Overall growth of the marijuana plant may be stunted. With a manganese deficiency, the yellowing will begin at the base of the leaves and move outwards towards the tips.
Just my 2 cents
Peace

4 Likes

Sounds about right to me. I’m not good with soil. I’m glad you guys stop buy to help my man out.

1 Like

Thans!!
I found calcium / mag deficiency as a possibly also.
Along with root bound.

ITs odd because they we’re perfect until I prunes.

I will flush them as soon as soil drys a bit. I would like them to get some of the nutrients…hopefully I will see some sort of change in a week.

Thank!

Ahhh I was off to such a good start.
This was them only march 17. . .

6 Likes