Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

You need there them dry out before you water again. Wet/dry cycles are important. Don’t overwater or underwater

1 Like

I only use HP Promix Mycorrhizae soils anymore. Because I get the best results with it.
HP Promix for Vegetable as well.

2 Likes

My friend told Me to give them theyre nutrients every second feed and every 7 days regardless if its dried or not :S

THis was during flower I think…they usually take a while to dry out in these 7gal pots.

I think when the root system develops and plant grows, they’ll start drying up every 3days.

Cool.! You grow some veggies too? Indoorr.? Outdoor?

I’d like to set smt up! Get me started ?? Lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was growing vegetable indoors. Now anymore tho. Just some green onions is all.

1 Like

Do you close up your tents when your not working In them? Closing them up will help retain heat if needed.

Also referring to you lowering your lights, this will help. Is this method perfect? NOPE. BUT it’s alot better then guessing and after several grows using this, I’ve had zero problems with lighting levels.

This is what I’m using to guage how the light is working for me.

Android application called ( LUX ) im using to get a ballpark range of lighting levels that I’m aiming for during the grow.

Vegetative 30,000 - 40,000 lux
Flowering 50,000 - 65,000 lux

< 15,000 lux - sparse or “stretchy” growth - plant isn’t getting enough light

17,500 - 40,000 lux - good amount of light for healthy vegetative growth

45,000 - 65,000 lux - optimal amount of light for cannabis plants in the flowering stage

70,000 - 85,000 lux - a lot of light, only some strains do okay at this light level.

This info and or 18" above the tops of your plants as a reference point.

Hopefully this helps

Ps. Your plants look great, don’t sweat the small stuff. Growing = continues learning.

Something els I use as a guide while growing,

Seedlings:
Humidity: 60% - 80%
Temperature: 72 to 76F / 22.2 - 24.4C

Veg:
Humidity: 40% - 60%
Temperature: 72 to 76F / 22.2 - 24.4C

Flower:
Humidity: 40% - 55%

Temps above 85F or below 55F slows/stops growth

2 Likes

Man, these are great references and guidelines.

I lowered the light maybe 4” today, . . A lot of space above the light now, my plants are pretty stumpy! Hopefully they get heavy and stumpy lol

I’d like To measure the lights LUX in the tent Now.

Yes the tent is always zipped up. I leave two port holes open usually to allow the exhaust to suck the air in - As learned on forum, getting negative pressure (I think ?)

In the garage the enviroment isn’t the best, dust, insulation, debris floating, so I rigged up the charcoal/carbon filter tomthe botom port and zipped the flaps around the neck, I already notice thr fabric sleeve getting dirty from pulling air throgjhk so I know it’s working.

I also made a temporary screen filter on the top port by putting a shirt over The port hole , and weighing it down with power bar , I’m thinking the shirt is working somewhat well as a filter . I’m sure i can find a filter for it, even a furnace filter screen or smt similar.

Thanks for sharing all that! I Will relay the findings when I measure the light, or follow up with some more questions when I’m going to do it.

2 Likes

Sept 3 , day 5 into flower

Okay my friends ! WATERING + light Defol

I left the girls to dry for 6 days. Since last Friday’s

Just to ensure the soil was properly dried out and I wouldn’t .over water ., and to keep them on a somewhat similarly schedule.

All the leafs were turnt up and super happy looking.
Happiest they’ve been :slight_smile:

*I had a gallon and a half maybe of last weeks nutrient mix for the 7th week of nutrients according to REMO calculator - they were supposed to only get Water ,

**I figured I already had a few gallons of bubbled water so I mixed it all in and fed them with the water.
( is this okay to give them a bit of extra nutrients on a water schedule? They definitly have not shown any signs of too much nutrients)

The next feed will be week one with all REMO flower nutrients

MICRO
BLOOM
VELOKELP
MAGNIFICAL
NATURES KANDY
ASTROFLOWER

Takes a bit to mix it all up, I usually can get away with one mix a week , REMO has the first 4 weeks of all the same strength feed of nutrients.

Here’s the show. Thanks for reading those of you who do :slight_smile:
These sour Jacks are so so so so bushy,…ive been defoliating almost every 2 weeks since they cracked lol? I really don’t know how they will flower as I’ve never grown such a heavy Foliator before. Fairly thin leaves so the light does penetrate. I’ll have to ask my friend who grew it what he did to keep it cleaned up. He grows them tall opposed my short n bushy so maybe not an issue.

PHOTOS( hosted on IMGUR )
Some set up for water works and extra Angles for documentation. .

Birthday came below (single shot) followed by 3 amigos

Leafs a bit squat Fromm being again tent wall. I think I’ve found a way to place them and give some space. I see a lot of grow so here like scrog and all the plants touching
I think I’ll be okay for another week before doin some space management

Add images

6 Likes

Before today’s butcher session! Screen grabs from a video
Man oh man! Love the full tent . Didn’t take much to thin it out. A quick 30-45 min garden job. Probably should have relaxed and enjoyed it MORE .

Thank you all

7 Likes

Ohh here is the video if you can watch anyone
https://m.imgur.com/n79TP0j?r

2 Likes

Ok !!! Shit just hit the fan!!!

Decided to double down on my sour jack bet .

MAXSISUN mf1500 &PB2000 PR
LETS SEE how they do.

I had the smaller one in my veg tent but figured they don’t need it. Set up two blurples for them

Think too much light for end of week 1??? Think I should wait to introduce it? Or blast it?
Or can anyone suggest a better configuration?
@CADMAN
@anon20530495
@LilJonB

Think I should split these up into two ? Two in each tent? Currently my second tent is in use however not the best use of space.

I personally think I could pull it off in one tent but it’s going to be tight. Not knowing the flowering transformation of either of plants… . Once stretch is finished I will have a better idea… I am into week 1 of flower already. They are said to be 10-12 week flowers…so the first few weeks could be really slow. Not sure how that works on longer flowering plants . Slow starting or slow finishing

I also don’t want to have two flower tents and not have anything in veg… maybe I can give one plant away to someone

4 Likes

Aw shit! Temps hitting 30c. Lol next to the light the the gauge was.

Going to try this wifi thermometer and hang it at canopy level to get a more accurate reading…

I think il have to switch flowering Lights on to 6pm-6am off… that way I can get a couple hours of work in after work if I need to …

Going to be a tough choice. See what the temperature reads . Wil need another booster fan for the pack on second light. Using oscillating one for now

1 Like

Just mixed up my first batch of nutrients for week 1 flowering.

Tested my tap water ph. It’s 6.3 ! . . All winter it was 7.5 and mid summer 7.0.

!

1 Like

Can’t seem to view this myself straight from o.g.
SOrry for post and deletes

Sept 5 2021 - tap water :sweat_drops:

I’ve got a inquiry.

Presuming I am going to finish these 4 in the one tent.

Could I possibly cut one of the plants branches down to a few main colas. And possible Prune another - this will Increase space for the other plants.

I have 3 sour jacks and 1 Birthday cake. So i wouldn’t be too hard pressed having @ bit less of the sour jacks

How does this idea sound?

Prune one plant heavily leaving 4-5 major branches and lightly prune the others to allow more space for flowering- while also tieing some of the other plants as necessary .

Is this a viable option to consider keeping all 4 in the tent?

Should I revisit this after stretch ? Or Mitigate now?

Really don’t want to cull one …and don’t want two flower tents
OR A third option. Keep one aS a mother and put it IN VEG tent?? just thought of this…

Only 1 week into flower - it shouldn’t be a problem to switch back to veg?

Or try and flower all 4 in close proximity

Input be great

@Foreigner
@Foreveryoung
@anon20530495
@ReikoX
@CADMAN

4 Likes

I’m not shy about cutting branches I don’t like. I’ll do it at any stage but I usually make my final cuts at the end of the stretch. You can see very easily which branches are keepers and which ones can go.

Mothers - your call. Also a good idea.

1 Like

Really appreciate you sharing this info and helping me grow.
Overgrow is the best!

My follow up question to the “mother” option -
would there be undue stress the longer I wait to make this decision - waiting until after stretch ?
Would this technically be considered re-vegging? Lol

I understand it’s ultimately my decision and would not impose such decision making on anyone!

Ill gather As much information as possible before making that decision .

1 Like

I think I’ve got an idea…
Nothing brilliant Or original.
But I think i am going to keep my veg tent literally a veg tent to house mother’s and new seeds/clones.

hahahahaha I’m not so bright . I was worried my two runts would be ready for flower long before my flower tent has space available. . . .so I will just keep them in a veg state until my flower tent is 5-6 weeks away Fromm finishing ,take cuts, grow them , finish flowering and drying , then prep tent for flowering again.

Another question.

How do I keep a mother ? How do I keep a plant from continuously growing vertical +horizontal , top and prune often?? I assume x plant will still require nutrients ? Not just water?

EDIT - I may as well take one sourjack out, Who knows I may not even like the sourjack flowering profile , so I can just flower it later If I do or kill it if i hate it/ give it away

1 Like

I don’t keep mothers so maybe someone else can help you with that.

I sometimes run a clone off a clone off a clone.

You can clone during flower/after stretch but if I were in your position with enough space I’d clone everything and keep the ones that you like when they express themselves in flower.

Just make sure to label them :joy:

1 Like