Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

They are clones. That’s great. Clones are very strong if you can get them to root. They flower faster as well.

1 Like

Thanks! Yep , my friend supplied me with some rooted clones in party cups , again ! lol. But I cant give him all the credit! I put the work In! He definitely set me up with all the nutrients , soil and pots and drain pans which was great of him.

I am pretty happy so far! They definitly Smell like females!!! (Not sure if males give off same odour)

They are super bushy again, I didn’t want to prune again so I tucked a bunch today and it actually made a difference! I also spread them out as much as I could tucking branches behind net.

I think the tent is a bit over crowded…they are touching the walls, and I notice there’ has been condensation on the tent walls some days, I am goin to get some humidity catchers , if that doesn’t work, than a mini dehumidifier. I’ve been reading about mole and mildew .

2-3 plants would be better fit I think , but I had no idea if all 4 would take !

They are wedding cake,Chem92 and 9lb hammer.

I almost got another tent but I’m glad I didnt .

Keep cheering for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

9 Likes

Yeah it can be work. I would prune a little here if my plants needed it. You will get a feel for it and get more comfortable. Always make sure there nice and happy beforehand so they rebound nicely.
Definitely get a dehumidifier for flower. You will get mold if it is that bad. I never have enough humidity. So come flower Im not concerned. Your in the basement tho.

2 Likes

Ahhh!
Makes sense…my buddy has been telling me since before I started I would need a dehumidifier

Another friend told me that with proper circulation / ventilation id be fine…

But with four 7gallon pots , with 5gallon soil in each roughly . I’m using pretty much 20L of water on a proper feed lol. That’s a lot of potential moisture !!!

I skimped on my recent nute feed as i was tired from work and couldn’t mix a batch up. Gave them just over half what I should of…what I had mixed up left over…also it was my first stronger batch as suggested by nutrient calculator.

They are drying out much quicker which is good. SO getting nutes at least ONCE a week. But next feed will have bloom and natures candy in it also. Payed for just haven’t picked it up.

I’m hoping i can keep ventilation strong , I have my small oscillating fans in the mail soon , And the temperatures are warming up so I can lose the space heater overnight.

Quick question if you or anyone knows .

The plants will obviously survive a couple of Cold nights…Ive hit 14.5C . . Friend #3 told me not to worry about it AND the plants are resilient and it might make some purple . . Lol I don’t want to stress them with cold , and roots and soil would be the most impacted., I’m thinking i hit close to 9-11C with no intervention…
Lol is the cold temps what make them purple?..

Should I move a plant into My garage for more room??? The tall one?? I have the lights, and pelnty of Room , all tools are out of there for work so it’s empty… I may even throw it all out there.

Another question, fruit flys. . . . Fly’s strips???

I think the garage might be a great idea…especially where summer is around the corner.

I also picked up 4 smart plugs,synches to WIFI. I CAN PUT THE plug on a app on my phone, set schedule and even include circulating on/off .

God send !!

4 Likes

Usually from what I understand if it don’t freeze your fine. Growth will slow down but that’s about it. Run your lights at night. I do so the days won’t be too hot. Cold will give you cool colors if that’s part of that plants genetics. Won’t happen all the time.
Fly strips are good. Don’t use any kind of repellent.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!
Appreciate it very much.

SO I do have my my light schedule for
ON 9:00AM- OFF 9:00PM

Can I cycle this out progressively now that I’m in flower day 11 to put the lights off during the day and on at night like you mentioned!?

Like starrt leaving it on later and later and off earlier and earlier?

I needed to have some time to work on them after work and before bed, 4pm-9pm…

I think even if I could some how get the time to ON 7pm to 7am would work for me … that’s almost a total backflip lol

Is It possible to rotate your timing cycle after your started already?

I just bought 6 DAMP TRAPS from the dollar store lol!! Put two in the tent, two outside tent .

3 Likes

Yeah there’s a couple different ways you can do it. Move your time daily. But make sure the way you do it you have at least 12 dark. You know the drill.
I’m a fan of when your lights go off keep em off for till you want them on. What’s that 24 hours?
The fruit Flys are that bad huh? Once I was saving beer cans for recycling. Boy did I have the fruit Flys bad. Lol. Should have washed em out with water first.
I don’t mind taking the time. I’m glad you gave it another shot.

3 Likes

Hey!
I actually got these little damp traps for moisture to see if they work to avoid getting a dehumidifier. I may have to anyway .

The flys aren’t that bad ! They we’re much worse my first go, but i had lots of leaves laying around . Now ive learned to keep it clean and not let any dead foliage accumulate !

1 Like

More then likely they came from the soil. Some soil can be bad like that. They lay eggs in the soil. When the condition is just right :star2:BAM!:star2: (your supposed to jump after that part) they hatch and come out to party. I’ve had a couple Flys before but nothing to bad. I’m glad yours aren’t to bad.
My little fruit Flys situation was had me a little uncomfortable. I had brought a girl home, she could obviously see that I wasn’t a slob. But those pesky little Flys boy! Annoying.

I think that the packs will work a lil but but not the way you want em to. You can get a small one for pretty cheap. I don’t know what the best ones are tho. Sorry.

1 Like

I wish I had a better camera!!! Looks like they are starting now to show little hairs and the formation of flowers!??? I guess I did something right !!!

They are going to get they’re enitre nutrient feed tomorrow. I just picked up bloom and natures kandy to help with root nutrients uptake .

I am going to have to move that tall plant on its own. SO I can distribute the love evenly. The one in rear left to is getting neglected…

…how am going too work on them with the net on !!! ffs! I don’t want to hurt them , it’s hard to even water them with the net.

10 Likes

I was just reading - on the internet’s lol- that I can still take clones 2 weeks into flowering, no sign of buds yet. It will jus take take longer for them to root.

I think I am to try regardless , they are getting choked out in there during this stretch! I really want to keep it going and it will be easier during the summer for me compared To winter. I think tomorrow would be the cut off to take some cuts .

2 Likes

I do it all the time , they root in the same amount of time . they may get a little stress when sent back to 18/6 but they do just fine

1 Like

I do it too. The later into flower the more they will grow funky for a while in veg. Single leaves etc.

1 Like

Yup yup! Flowers they are. Good job @Calix!
As far as the working with them with the net. I can be difficult at times yes but worth it. You just got to deal with it. If it the snapping branches your worried about do it before you water. The branches are more flimsy when your pots are dry. Sometimes that is not enough. If you have some real stubborn branches you can pinch the branch where you would like them to bend. This is called Super Cropping. Pinch the to break the cell wall to help it become more malleable.

This is an example of how aggressive you can be. It dose not have to be that bad. This is the branch

It was the biggest branch on her. I promise you a little pinch in the stem is allot better then a snapped branch. If that ever happens to a branch you really wanted to keep just put it back together and wrap it with tape. I like electric tap.
I always pull my clones 2-3 weeks after flower. I try to take them right after stretch. Some people clone in full flower. That’s called Monster Cropping. I guess because the growth that comes off the bud is crazy.
If you have any questions on cloning feel free to ask.

4 Likes

Wow!! That’s amazing!

I am pretty sure my trellis net can be untied in squares pretty easily, I untied one that wasn’t supporting anything no problem.

SO I may be able to work a bit easier.

SO PROBLEM.
I mixed Friday night my nute feed for Saturday. I was going to test PH Saturday before feed. It was around 5.8-6.0 Friday nights.

I FORGOT TO UP IT Saturday…I was filing up 20litres H20 for the week and I dropped my pen in it today’s …l.thats when it dawned on me I forgot To test on Saturday’s feed…

My friend has a new pen for me.

I won’t see the effects of my damage for 4 days.

I hope I don’t cause lock out.

I was doing so good.

I am going to have to do a PARTIAL flush maybe. ??? Test the soil run off???

Never took my clone after, with so much on go i didnt bothee.

Day 15 in flower , the plants have stretched a Good 4-6” so far . . . Hopefully that’s it.

And they are showing serious signs of budding now . Nor just hairs, but little bud sites. So excited
, I will need a better quality cameras to share.

But hypothetically, what kind of trouble am I in if my nutes were at a PH of 5.8 day day 14

Should I be concerned? Should I wait for a signs of lockout lemme deficiency, or should I use Mym two Days off tomorrow and Tuesday to flush them and test run off?

2 Likes

I really believe you are fine. I don’t think that’s how lock out works. I used to think it was a ph thing as well. But your PH being a tad low isn’t going to hurt any thing. They just won’t be able to access certain nutes as easily. They will be fine. Promise. I’ve done worse to plants on purpose. They lived.

2 Likes

Lol!!!

Okay great thanks my maN!!
Okay I went threw with the trim today.

With the hair Cut, these girls are looking beautiful !!!
TOns of tops, fairly even canopy.

Lots of flower sites.

I even put in another light just now, not in pic.
I removed the trellis net. I think they’ll be fine, pretty strong looking stalk.

I took out the tall one to try and grow itmoutside the tent, but I wouldn’t be able to control the darkness, and my second timer has only two prongs ( just realises my smart plugs would work great, but I’ll Wait.

Check out the girls now.
Tall one already ready for water after a feed from Saturday!!

No more trimming now.

Here is photo shoot from today lol

And here is this evening, I just removed net, Fed wedding cake, re positioned the girls and added a light.

Do you think It will be to much LED???
Should i just move the pan light up higher?

The wedding cake is pretty much touching the light and it cannot any higher…another week and I may be able To leave It outside the tent without worrying about night time temps

ANd my area for clones or either for the wedding cakes

ANd here is a big fat stalk on my favourite contender lol

10 Likes

Could you run a power strip from the timer? Plug your lights into it. I’m trying to figure out what you mean.
I do think they are too close. They will let you know. There is always the Super Cropping. But it looks like your running out of room all the way around.

1 Like

The plants Too close to each other? I felt that…tthsts why i had to trim everything up.

I think I can get the Wedding cake out of the tent … it’s still crowded in there with just the three.

I have a smart plug that would work I just remembered that I can control the schedule with a app.

It’s just i Have to make sure the door stays shut and no light through windows…which are covered up Good anyway and then of course the odour
I could then just run the filter between the tent door and the plant…

I’ll figure something out. Might have to go in the garage lol

Thanks

4 Likes