Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Oh strange! I’d keep an eye on them but at least they aren’t males! So many leaf bracts, it’s wild!

2 Likes

an eye I will.

is it the genetics that are causing them to grow so vigorous and vertical.?

you have seen my previous seedling runs…

a mix of better soil . environment / heatmat …and genetics ?

I

4 Likes

Probably a mix. It’s hard to tell since they are all different kinds of plants, but the plants definitely look happier nowadays, compared to back in the day when you were struggling to achieve bloom.

3 Likes

lol I was definitely struggling to achieve anything past seedlings mostly.

now this Is weird. this is definitely a male

the other dont show balls yet

@ShiskaberrySavior 1 down 3 to go

genetics are such a wild beast… some plants don’t grow more than 4" for me…others…do this with 4" internodal spaces!

mind blown

7 Likes

nice to see those fire alien kush beans in action… fat leaves on those girls.
The leaves always seem to hide the new growth of the top but they will grow out of that fast hehehe.

3 Likes

That hemp field they were all about 3 ft tall and a solid bud from top to bottom when they cut them down .

5 Likes

100% positive ID on two Males

one ak48 I just fed then noticed balls… had it in flower tent for 4 days or do.
it got bigg

other male was 1/3 CBD HEMP. trashed it.

stil have 2 ak48s waiting to sex…and 2 fem in veg n tray of young veggies.

two in flower mode now

11 Likes

That last plant is going to be impressive once done flowering I’m thinking.

3 Likes

the last one is a male Ak48…I couldn’t sex it so I popped Into flower tent for a few days…fed it last night my nutrient mix then looked at the plant an noticed balls LOL…
but the two stand alone plants in flower tent should be nice. LSD and Pre98bubba

edit

I’m pretty sure two of the cbd hemp are female I gotta transplant…they gonna be big

5 Likes

looking good in here !!!

4 Likes

That first one is gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

yea he is pretty handsome…
;*(
it was taking too long too show and I uppotted and put in the flower tent. I thought I saw a hair
fooled
it did lots of stretch ND bloom
lol

the one out of the tent is a male AK48… got two more ak48s to sex

4 Likes

Nope, he’s gorgeous lol Very nice structure!

3 Likes

thanks! I don’t do much aside from wrestle the top branches . allowing the lower to catch up. I may have topped it . but also to allow lowers to balance out canopy.

would of been dynamite if a female lol. it’s folded up inn the traash now .

I’ve just put another AK48 in flower tent to try and prompt the sexing

5 Likes

Thanks@@@ ive been holding back the FAKs and giving them time to find there place and get some solid roots built. 3 are in a small upsize and another in a cup doing well I just bottom fed it.

@ShiskaberrySavior looks like I got two females … they need to be up potted but I have no soil. they drinking water fast . I just cut some big corner out of solos and popped them into another cup to bottom drink…they are going to be big…like through the tent big if I give them any more root space LOL

@DougDawson - my pride LSD. I popped two. one has been beautiful which I now have in flower and the other was a genetic mutant * odd shaped leaves and some un happy ones. I have just trimmes it back as I’m keeping the Mutant LSD in VEG for a mom I guess. I also took cuts off the pretty LSD.
ive also got two pre98bubbas from last year auction . one in flower one In veg tent still .

and then I now have another Ak48 put into flower tent to see if sex pronouces it self soo and another ak48 in the veg tent
middle in flower tent is the AK48 unsexed yet but great structure I chucked last one

and here is a photo of the veg tent everything on display
good bad and ugly… I vacumed up a bit of soil yesterday. not pretty but it’s my garden ND I’m happy

this is the vegtent in all it’s mess…

14 Likes

LOL, my tents are always a mess by the end bud. Too many plants to keep the floor clean through a grow but it goes in cycles. Grow, clean, grow, clean, it’s just the way of things. You got lots of cools stuff going on in there.

4 Likes

couple hair cuts on Bubba and LSD in thr flower tent

still waiting on middle AK48 to give me some balls or hairs …think I saw something

my veg plants get some very thick branches…unfortunately doesn’t always mean Big buds lol

kt
it like I got SHREK in the tent or some big green Ogres

is there genetics called Shrek or green ogre lol

10 Likes

they just keep growing . little soil lol

@JoeCrowe
see any tell tales for sex? might need a couple more days. it will be a AK48 hopefully female…1 down 2 go

10 Likes

I would say most likely female, based on what I can see in that final photo. Behind the bract it looks like a female flap.

2 Likes

still nothing that’s motivating me to up pot yet on the ak48. another couple days I should have a definitive answer as it sits in flower tent

@ShiskaberrySavior i did your hemp plants dirty lol

neglect :*( I finally bought soil and up potted and threw the in flower tent

FAK have all been up potted…one of them to a 3 gallon today. not a huge root system on it.

8 Likes