Chicken Soup for The Soil

This stuff is awesome, I have been using it for a few grows - it is a 4-2-0 soil amendment, that helps to enhance and feed the microbes in your soil. It helps terpene production and also acts as a hardener and also helps to keep bugs away. You can add it to any feeding regimen as-is, and it also makes a great tea. I am not affiliated with this company in any way, I just enjoy their product.

10 Likes

Pretty expensive for what’s in it:
Alfalfa meal, cane molasses, rock phosphate, seaweed extract (uses phosphoric acid yuck), and langbenite.

6 Likes

Yes it is kind of expensive - I got it gifted to me, but it works so well I may end up buying some when this runs out. I know if you break down most soil additives that are pre-mixed that it will seem expensive compared to doing it yourself, however they have also been perfecting this over the years, changing formulation ratios, etc, and I don’t want to have to reinvent the wheel, especially since this works. Also, you only use 1 tablespoon per gallon of water and one bottle of this makes 128 gallons.

2 Likes

Whatever works for you. I’m just listing the ingredients. Oh, did I forget water? It’s mostly water. :wink:

3 Likes

You seem to have some beef with the phosphoric acid in the formula. The phosphoric acid acts as a stabilizer, and can be found in most seaweed extract products, and breaks down fully in water splitting into PO4 and 3H. The PO4 is broken down and used as a source of phosphorus by utilizing the phosphorus oxide ions when it dissolves.

2 Likes

It’s just a personal thing for me. I prefer kelp meal to kelp extract because of the chemicals used in the process.

Sorry if I came off condescending, that wasn’t my intention. Use whatever you like bro. I’ll stick with what I like and nobody has to get upset because we don’t agree.

9 Likes

Thanks for your input, and I am not upset in the least, and I am sorry if I came off that way. I appreciate your ideas and even disagreement is good, because that can lead to further understanding and insight. Kelp meal is awesome stuff indeed. The chemicals used in most of the processing of the nutrients we use is pretty bad when you look at the environmental impact, etc., so I appreciate your outlook.

6 Likes

Hey there
I just found this thread whilst searching for dr jimz info. Do you still use it ??
How did it work for you??

Thanks

That sounds amazing! I’m always on the lookout for products that can give my plants that extra boost, so hearing about your positive experience with Chicken Soup for the Soil is super exciting. I’ve been using it in my garden, too, and I’ve noticed such a difference in the health and vitality of my plants.
Also, I recently stumbled upon this fantastic online store. They’ve got this organic chicken broth that’s seriously next level. I’ve been using it in all sorts of recipes, from soups to stews, and let me tell you, it adds such a rich flavor to everything! Check it out at https://healofoods.com