Best place to find a good deal on bee pollen *edited

As my recipes are getting bigger I find myself going through quite a bit of it, anyone got suggestions on good deals for a decent quantity and not to much of a blow to the wallet?

1 Like

Check out redbud soil company they do bulk yucca powder and soluble kelp decent prices

1 Like

Customhydronutrients.com

1 Like

I have no idea if the prices are good, but I think Kelp4Less has all of those.

1 Like

Doesn’t look to badly priced

@MidwestMover here’s what I’m seeing on that site, what’s throwing me off is they only have “seaweed extract” is that gonna be the same as " soluble kelp?

2 Likes

Honestly idk the difference. You may have to contact them to find out.

1 Like

Their prices are disgusting, 27 for a lb, 112 for 5 and theirs is npk 0-0-3

3 Likes

Google answered for me on that one, not the same 🤦

1 Like

I have not bought from them for awhile. I used to get kelp meal from them years ago when I had dairy goats. I know their prices have gone WAY up since then.

1 Like

Looks like you should be fine with the one labeled seaweed extract. The product details specify that it’s “derived from fresh seaweed (alga), ascophyllum nodosum,” which is the kelp typically used in plant and animal foods.

3 Likes

Is there a reason youre going with extracts instead of making a tea or making your own extract with kelp meal?

Also alfalfa has almost the same saponin content as yucca for waaaayyy cheaper. But personally i love using soap nuts. They have a way higher saponin content than yucca and is much cheaper

4 Likes

Oh damn… Wish I seen that sooner I would of just snagged the 4lb of it then, 14 on k is pretty high seeing everyone else is getting about 0-0-3 🤷 good to know for future that I’m prob getting the same thing with a diff labeling

1 Like

Those guys were pretty cool to deal with. Called em asking a few questions and they made me a personalized discount code for 10% off :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This was my secret sauce last year with excellent results

Price point is to much though and tired of making mr humes rich buying 8oz of it for 17 bucks and the kelp for 16 for 6oz

figured I’m prob better off buying a lb of each and mixing together myself. Don’t wanna change my compost tea recipes, just get a better deal on the inputs.

That’s what 60 gets ya on humes site getting 1.75 lbs total between the 4, just picked up 4 lbs accomplishing the same for 5 bucks less, mission accomplished

2 Likes

Here’s the revs recipes I follow with some personal changes I’ve found more beneficial

3 Likes

Same here, I got the 22lb of kelp meal from em last year and still working on using it, shit lasts a long time at 1tsp per gallon

2 Likes

What about a good source on bee pollen?

2 Likes

If you gonna spend money on kelp at least make sure it’s organic, otherwise it might contain a fuckload of heavy metals.
Apparently organic farmers get declined for certification after soil testing because they use contaminated kelp.

What exactly do you mean with bee pollen?
Grow your males out?

2 Likes

Organic seaweed? VS synthetically fed seaweed? C’mon. Who farms seaweed?

1 Like

Glad You found what you wanted let me know how you like that yucca been wanting to scoop some to make my own extract

2 Likes