Chimera Seeds

I want to try something from Cannacopia; I’m tempted to get stuff from the Deep Chunk line.

1 Like

Yeah. I can only speak to the Cannacopia C99/Warlock cross which they sent me as a freebie. Was very good. Cannacopia has been going more than long enough to check out imo.

google ryan lee and cannabis dna … you can get the whole story on who chimera is , his education and what he may currently be working on. Its all out there. I’m not outing him by posting that either, it is well know across the canna-verse.

8 Likes

Yes, agreed completely! I would love to move on from this childish paranoia.

@medmanbrand
That isn’t anything but a game of telephone from a user who’s on here too, that thread is called the conspiracy corner and Shag is a spreader of conspiracy theories here too, of the “I’m just asking questions” type. Not a reliable narrator or source to me.

It really seems to me like it’s 2024 and we could drop the Sam the Boogeyman thing, Chimera seems to be wrapped up in that at this point beyond his own actions. Ryan’s an asshole, but he’s also pretty well accepted as one of the more knowledgeable breeders alive, and consistently explains and backs up his points in discussions. I’m still not seeing any direct evidence or quotes from Chimera of the sort of things you guys want to believe he’s doing in some shadowy levels of power. Guy is absolutely someone deeply involved in the government cannabis system yeah, I don’t think that makes him Keyser Soze.

@SHSC-1 ”do the research” is a cop-out and also a key way conspiracism thrives in society. Just show us the receipts if they are that easily available, please. Otherwise that answer just says “believe in this conspiracy with me” to which I have to respectfully decline.

To get back to the intent of this thread, discussing Chimera Genetics seeds and plants, here’s a 2018 Reddit AMA:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCannalysts/comments/9noo3s/ama_ryan_lee_legalization_eve_october_16th_2018/

12 Likes

Well fucking said @Dirt_Wizard

I for one have no dog in this fight, but i’ve been lurking… and didnt Chimera address everything you guys mentioned in the first part of his SIX HOUR Potcast interview?! :sleepy:
I can understand why some ppl have zero interest in listening to him talk that long, but it’s still worth mentioning.

6 Likes

Thanks @lambchopedd I’m also not invested in Chimera really other than curious to try his genetics, I’ve never bought any, I’m too young/new to growing and East Coast. You did remind me that people can see PotCast Transcripts and other stuff thanks to @mufafa the Chimera ones are Episodes 50, 50.33, and 50.66:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, and slightly off topic, but wouldn’t another well known Canadian breeder who has been accepting Seed stock from everyone and anyone around the world and breeding it in South America all the while also trying to develope polyploid cannabis…wouldn’t that also be going against the cannacommunity in some way? Nobody ever talks about that or what the ramifications could/would be…

2 Likes

I followed this stuff forever, and it always morphs to another: Real Haze thread, Real Skunk thread, who’s on first, mentality.
It was so long ago, just dont buy the beans.
I do not mean to attack anyone, but pick a name and haters will gangbang it, into forever.

2 Likes

it’s not conspiracy and I’m not trying to troll you guys.
I’ve interacted with and grown chimera gear since 2015.
He wasn’t pleasant and full of ego.
I know it’s not good form to talk negatively but do we only want to hear the positives?
Chimera/Ryan Lee is a genetic researcher and very highly educated. He has dedicated a huge part of his existence to Cannabis research and legalization(for profit/control). He is and has been involved with the canadian government’s desire to have track and trace cannabis… period.
His seeds will never be for sale in Canada to home growers.

It’s only my opinion but it’s shared by many that those in the cannabis community that have become highly educated and gained influential positions in the science community. Are stabbing us all in the back when they saddle up with those who want nothing more but to control the plant in it;s entirety.
So forgive me my opinions, I won’t drone on but all of this has been covered at length and quite deeply on icmag. It’s not a hater thing, it;s just reality.
If you choose to support those kind of folks, I guess who am I to judge.

5 Likes

100% these always lead back to a purity test of some sort which is part of what I dislike. I’m extremely disinterested in purity in cannabis unless we are talking landraces. If a breeder snitched let’s see the papers, if they beat their wife or their dog let’s see the papers. In general, show me court papers, contracts, or direct quotes that are verifiable if this sort of accusation is going to be tossed around if it’s to be taken seriously.

Nope that’s anti-intellectualism. Those people got those positions in the science community by being smarter or more well educated or more focused and driven than us. I’m not saying let them lead entirely or trust everything they say but you just went from “Ryan Lee and Sam are bad actors” to “many of the people we know who got highly educated and figured out how to be employed in legal cannabis have turned against us in a conspiracy”. That’s a big accusation!

3 Likes

I just don’t trust those who play on both sides of the fence. I totally respect ryan for his education and love of the plant… absolutely. I wish my life path out of high school afforded me the ability to pursue such things. While I can have respect for that side of him, I lost respect for how he personally treated me over seeds he volunteered to replace , the condition of them on arrival and his flippant and dismissive attitude afterwards. I don’t even trust the seeds that were sent are even what they say they are LOL.
After that I was sent an email listing some new government studies being done with the end goal of genetic markers for all legal cannabis grown and sold in Canada. Ryan Lee was one of the head researchers. I have personal feelings about that, I have expressed them.
To me, no amount of money, fame or papers published is worth cooperating with governments or coporations that want complete control over the cannabis you can grow and consume. Then all the while also seeking fame and notoriety in the cannabis community by being a breeder offering illicit seeds LOL… I find it odd and kinda spooky at the same time
I’m not on the hate train here, just can’t understand the fandom all things considered.
It’s kind of how I was such a huge fan of spice of life/breeder steve… for years since I grew his stuff back starting in 98 when he went public. He is now breeding plants that can’t make seed and this also scares me as far as those who want to control the plant and our consumption of it. Maybe I’m just an opinionated asshole? I dunno… but my experiences and what I have read make me kinda cringe at what these two guys have used thier knowledge and education for… let’s leave it at that.

8 Likes

Well someone wiped someone posts history squeaky clean after the phylos debacle. I guess none of it happened :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

My days…… yawn…

Thanks for trying to discredit me here.
Those that live in glass houses should not be throwing stones.

The name of the thread was changed to discredit my posts.
The mods there named it that, not me.

Hmm?
I usually post peer reviewed science to back up what I say.
Feel free to quote where I posted misinformation. :wink:
Below is some misinformation you have posted in the past.

It would seem you yourself are not a reliable narrator or source… :shushing_face:

Here is an example of you insisting I was wrong when you were the one who had it wrong.

What is the truth here?

FDA regulates both finished dietary supplement products and dietary ingredients . FDA regulates dietary supplements under a different set of regulations than those covering “conventional” foods and drug products.

Here you insist I am wrong and refuse to listen to the truth.
I must say it would seem you have things backward my friend.
It is you who continues to refuse the truth.

The real truth is…
The CBD Patent was originally filed in 1999 and awarded a patent in 2003 – almost 20 years ago.

BTW
This was a unedited quote directly from Chimera.

Call me a liar all you want, that is the absolute truth.
I showed the quote to chimera and he did not dispute it.
In fact he stood by his words at the time.

Fact:
Chimera was involved in the phylos scam.
This is not debatable.
If you want more dirt on chimera, just ask my buddy Troutman.image
He could tell you all kinds of stories about that guy.

I confronted @Chimera here at OG too.
I asked him to bring it all in the open.
He went silent after that.
If you still insist I am lying…bring @Chimera here for a fair and proper debate on the subject.

This way we can see who is lying and who is not. :wink:
Or just ask @Chimera if he ever said that.
All of this was publicly displayed until it got deleted of course.
Tons of people saw it when it first got posted.

4 Likes

I don’t really like to talk bad about people that I don’t know personally but let’s just say he’s not my favorite breeder and leave it at that. No reason to fight over who likes him or not. But we’re all entitled to our opinion

2 Likes

I swear everything lately turns into this back and forth thing, I’m included. Not sure why, but alot of threads get swamped with haters VS lovers of breeders, strains, seedbanks, etc lol.

3 Likes

I found this quote on Instagram, seems others feel the same.

The old school west coast cannabis culture sold out with legalization,
Those who fought for decades for rights etc handed the cottage industry over to the Gov/Corp machine.

In my not so humble opinion they sold their souls for the almighty dollar…each and every fucking one of them.

Or joined them… :grimacing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2Ch0JtOS6h/

2 Likes

ya that is pretty much spot on brother.

3 Likes

LOL @ the all twisted knickers and surplus to requirements information which serves what purpose?

People winding themselves up. That’s how arteries get clogged and hair falls out. Keep the wang strong. Don’t be a snippy sap.

1 Like

Hey dirt

I’m really sorry if my 1 real eye witness non bias account posted exploded into something I did not intend to.

Being a Gemini…I think its important to see or tell the whole story. Both sides. And the middle.

I did not forsee the flood gates opening up I to what it has. I subbed to your thread for a reason. Even tho chimera and I have never seen eye to eye for our own personal reasons

Peace

mm

3 Likes