Choosing a light for $1,000

Hey guys I’m shopping for a light I have about $1,000 looking for a nice light for my 4x4 any thoughts I was eyeing 3 lights hlg 650r,growers choice roi 720 any thoughts?

8 Likes

Check out California lightworks they have a full spectrum it great I have the 500 made for a 4 x 4 tent

3 Likes

Yep I’ve been looking at those too!! Great choice for more commerical grade lighting

1 Like

I will third the nod for the California Light Works I have a pair of there older lights they are tanks and there customer service is top notch they actually looked up my serial numbers to explain why one light spectrum looked different than the others apparently I got one of the last of one and one of the first of the newer board

3 Likes

I have seen a friend replace all his hps/led with hlg products, and the result was he now runs without his indoor AC running 24/7 at all. His power bill dropped off +40% as his older LED’s after we checked them with a Kill-O-Watt, they were using as much current as his HPS’s were!!
I mean no disrespect to the other quality LED makers at all, I simply worked with these.
That was about a year ago now. He also gained a lot of height, as hoods and duct work take up space, the light mover took up space.
Now his plants can get bigger, power usage down, and I never thought ever would I use a dimmer on a light source, but he had to in the early veg area, to keep the cycle timing he had before the switch.
He spent a total of $3400.00 in various sizes of hlg lights, so he has a spare of each size, and according to his book keeper with have them paid back by the end of this year.
Best of luck in your endeavor.

6 Likes

That light looks super awesome

2 Likes

Check out dhgate you could buy 2 complete 4 panel quantum board setup for less than$1000 and you would have way more light than you could use in a 4x4 area. You also will have 0 heat issues with the hlg quantum boards and your plants will love the light. Check out the cheap led strip thread.

1 Like

For $800 canadian i found an aircooled 1000w hps and 6 1000w full spectrum led’s through amazon.ca

1 Like

On alibaba you could get 2 v4 hlg 550s for less than a grand canadian. Knock off versions but my plants have both and they can’t tell the difference

4 Likes

Hey guys I endrd up buying the https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/enlite-ceres-series-780w-full-spectrum-light

5 Likes

Love ya work! That’ll crank.

I got this light ill post more pics whe n I get it setuphttps://www.enlitehorti.com/pages/flora-series-780

1 Like

Looks like a great unit. Have you got it yet?