Cigars... my second favorite thing to smoke!

They have a slight sweetness to them so more along the backwoods or swisher type of flavor and of course depends on what is rolled in them.

1 Like

That was the best pipe tobacco IMO my next door neighbor who was also my pastor smoked that all the time best smelling stuff!

3 Likes

Haha, a 3 ½ year old thread resuscitated.
I really enjoy puffing away on a nice bowl of ganja in my trusty corn cob, and then firing up a
yummy stogie. I find that the ganja enhances my perception of the aromatic, flavorful smoke billowing from my cigar. Hypnotically delightful.

I recently bought some nice H. Upman Vintage 1991 Chuchhills with tasty Cameroon wrappers. Although I generally prefer heavier bodied cigars, these medium bodied smokes are full of flavor.

8 Likes

Have done the pipe thing …and Captain Black was my preference but pipes bite my tongue. Cigars I used to smoke the Backwoods milds…and for a bit the Swisher Sweet rum soaked ones. Mostly a cig man though 40+ years… quit. Will have been 5 years first of next year

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:
I didn’t know there were other stogie smokers here!
I’m quitting cigarettes so haven’t had a cigar in a few days but keep my travel humidor close so I can always get a whiff

Loaded with a few cheapies as usual :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@Blowingupjake

It’s been about 15 years or so since I’ve smoked any Sancho Panza sticks. I remember them being a very nice medium to full bodied smoke…tasty. I’m gonna have to get some soon.

For anyone thinking about trying some premium handmade cigars, I would recommend
Baccarat and Macanudo as good beginner smokes.

This may be helpful to any OGers that are cigar curious.

I love cigars, baby.

1 Like

One of my go-to’s at this point. Not too expensive and like you said, so flavorful and medium bodied… a Churchill is enjoyable the whole way down.

What’s your go-to stogie @Calyxander?

1 Like

BTW, @Blowingupjake best of luck quitting cigarettes!

My go to smokes are La Finca Joyas, 6x50… Nicaraguan Puros. Inexpensive at less than
60 bucks a bundle of 20. Well made, medium to full bodied, with a spicy, sweet and nutty yumminess. I have been buying these for about 25 years now, and they are better than ever.

2 Likes

Never had one of those :thinking:

Will have to keep an eye out!

1 Like

padron 1926 no. 1 for sticks
c&d bayou morning for the pipe

ive been much more into pipe smoking than cigars this past year, and its gotten me into learning more about the plant itself. its been nice to have a new horticultural rabbit hole to dive into

2 Likes

Wow, those are really nice, luxurious cigars, but at almost $25 each, I only smoke a few a year. You certainly have have good taste however.

No pipe tobacco for me, not to my liking. Only ganja goes in my pipe!

2 Likes

yeah the padrons are a special occasion thing for me- weddings, my birthday, etc. i dont smoke too many of them either, but theyre definitely my favorite out of what ive tried so far. im going to check out those joyas you posted earlier

2 Likes

Do Cannagars count for this thread?

3 Likes

@thenasty1
To go from those luscious Padrons to the budget “everyday” La Fincas may be a bit jarring.
They are not in the same league. If I may suggest an excellent middle ground cigar,
these JR Ultimates at about $6 per stick are a better alternative and hard to beat for far less than the elite Padrons

3 Likes

thanks, i will check these out too. im still fairly new to cigars (and non commercial tobacco in general), so recommendations are greatly appreciated

2 Likes

Damn @Calyxander is a seasoned smoker.
The JR Ultimate are really great bang for the buck.

@thenasty1 look out for good deals on “sample packs” I’ve stumbled upon delicious cigars this way… also some awful ones but for $10-30 gambled it’s a fun game.
All the major online retailers offer samplers and I often receive paper coupons for them in my “junk mail”

2 Likes

can anyone recommend a good online cigar retailer? i was thinking of possibly gifting a decent cigar or two. i would have to buy based on your suggestions. won’t make it for christmas but i’d still like to pick up one or two decent cigars for someone that used to smoke everyday.

3 Likes

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/
Is my fave.
JRCigars is my second, but I suspect I might be wrong as @Calyxander is much more knowledgeable on the subject of fine stogies

2 Likes

Well, shucks…

I like Cigars International and also Thompson Cigar.
All three of these sites are very good.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/

i buy sampler packs all the time from these guys.
The best way to try new smokes as @Blowingupjake mentioned.

1 Like

@Calyxander
I’m sure I’m being cheap but could you recommend 1 or maybe 2 decent cigars? I was hoping to limit my budget to 40$ so I don’t know if i have any good options, wouldn’t know what to pick anyway.

edit: i just looked at samplers around 50$ but i could use some help picking out a decent sampler.

1 Like