Claw leaves - N toxicity?

Hi,
i am not sure if this is nitrogen toxicity or over/under watering issue:

I don’t think its over-watering issue (in the end you probably know how you care about plants more than we do, so you should know already if this plant was treated well)…

I can see slight tip burn, which would say overfertilizing… But it could also be pH issue IMHO…

Also check this photo for similarities:

3 Likes

It looks like the beginning of it to me. I would not give any more feed until you see your new growth lighten up in color. It is hard to tell without seeing the whole plant and inner growth sites. Have you grown this strain before?

4 Likes

Let it get a little dryer and straight water for a week or so. That will give a chance to lessen both over watering and nute burn issue. You can check pH in your run-off over the week. If you’re in soil, you may have to ammend a little different when you transplant(or for your next run). Lot of variables can lead to this but your on the right track. Overwatering can cause some pH swings which lead to nutrient lockout, don’t react like it is a deficiency, and add more ferts, a classic soil grower mistake, I have made many times in the past.

3 Likes

What is the strain and medium? How’s your temps and humidity? Air flow? Somebody may have experience growing that in similar conditions. Going to agree with @HydroPower that it looks like PH prob.

The darkening/purpleing of fans looks like over nutes, but the deforming curling of the leaves looks PH.

PH blockage can both hinder uptake and also accelerate it as well. If your water PH is off to much you can have excess build up nutrients and minerals which can’t be used leading to a blockage, in turn leading to absorption or over absorption of to many nutrients that it already has. (Some fix that if it is wrong).

In short, be diligent about PH’ing your water and listen to the person who corrects me.

Another grower whom has done no soil testing for pH, NPK, do that first ask questions later see grow FAQS