Purple Leaves?

Dont know if this is genetic or an issue but I’m leaning towards some sort of deficiency. I PH my water to 6.2 - 6.8. She is being grown in coast of maine platinum mix. I water only when dry but just gave her some top dress with a 4.4.4. As well as a little bit if fish bone mean with some potassium and I guess we will see if I can rejuvenate her. This Is a phenotype of zombie kush crossed with purple punch

If you know what’s going on or had a similar experience let me know what’s going on here

7 Likes

My guess is a phosphorus deficiency .

5 Likes

Agree Arriba|nullxnull and 10 characters … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Runoff pH?

It’s still a bit moiste and will give it a good flush next watering and get a reading and hopefully wash away any buildups

It’s probably not a “buildup” that is causing issues. Are the petioles and stems also dark purple?

1 Like

Just an update the plant has done a 180 and is getting greener by the day. I flushed the soil on its first watering in the new tent and the top dress seems to be nourishing her well. I’m suprosed at how well the plant responded and the discolorations have been going away!!!

3 Likes

Its hard to tell anything from a photo but looks like a little nitrogen may help . I think a multi purpose fertilizer in small doses will greatly improve your plants health and color . Slow increases in the amount of nutrients slow easy changes .

3 Likes

I agree, she was given a full spectrum of feed from an organic 4.4.4, fish bone meal at a small dose and been monitoring. She is making a comeback and it will take a few days maybe a week until she can rebound all the way