Help diagnosing this

My plant showed some deficiencies of some sort, and I simply handled it the way I always do. I repotted and hoped for the best. Lol. The plant has since recovered, but the damaged leaves remain. In order to become a better grower and learn about my plants’ individual needs I would like to learn how to diagnose this. I am curious to hear any of your thoughts on the matter.

12 Likes

Are they naturally that colour of dark green? Looks to me like maybe a slight nitrogen toxicity issue instead of a deficiency

9 Likes

Hear this might help you out.

7 Likes

I would say the start of a Potassium deficiency if the leaf tips were curling upwards, but they look like they are curling downwards in the pic, so maybe nute burn? :thinking:

3 Likes

Too much nitregen in your feed , your plants are too dark green and some leaf tips on fan leafs are clawing , also low on p and k ie the yellowing , as feed is mostly n , for a plant that size / time in veg , a 1/1/1 type feed would be better ( a more balanced feed 20/20/20 , 10/10/10 , 1/1/1 etc ) what ever your feeding now , keep that for stretch on next grow , week 1 and 2 after flip as its only then the plant can use that level of n : )

Long veg 2+ weeks 1/1/1 type

Short veg and after flip for 2w ( stretch ) 2/1/1 type

W3 and w4 1/3/3 type

W4-7 1/4/4 type

W8 to finish 1/2/6 type , lowering ppm till end

This is what the plant needs at every stage : )

11 Likes

Holy dark green…I’ll weigh in and say it looks like you’ve pushed the N juuust a little too far. Multiple tip burns. You didn’t tell us much about how you do things so i suggest doing a bit less. ^^^^^ All good advice above me in previous posts.

4 Likes

Im no pro but first thing i thought was same as said above. Cut your feeds. N is high. Try some plain water phed til a good runoff. . Litfa and see how they respond.

1 Like

Check your PH run off first, high PH will lock in High N.

If run off PH is good then back off on the high Nitrogen feed.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the replies. It is grown in only Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. No other nutrients. I have since begun mixing it 50/50 with Happy Frog since the soil was too hot for my plants.

1 Like

If it were me , I would change to the one @Papalag uses , get back in control : )

1 Like

I find the fox Fran great product but way too hot for me
The plants don’t like it at all
I use promix bx and control what I give them I feel the plant like it much better and easier for me to control what they get . At the right Amounts

3 Likes

soils too hot, flush until your ph is at a 6 let dry first feed add a kelp supplement to help the plant bounce back and get the overload under control

1 Like

Thank you guys for all the input. It was very helpful and gave me numerous things to think about. I remember the old OG, perhaps even with rose colored glasses, but I have to say that this new community is everything that the old community ever was or hoped to be. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the discussion.

5 Likes

Looks like nitrogen toxicity. Step away from the fertilizer and flush the hell out of that plant with plain tap water

2 Likes