Clones through the mail

Sweeeeet!

I have old friend IN British Columbia, i told him about mailing cuts (plants for that’s matter) lol and he had no idea it was a thing ! I didnt either until O.G.

I never take cloning seriously lol. The one time I took a cut for a laugh ONE l when I topped a plant. I forgot to use rooting gel , and it rooted! Against my 18 other attempts LOL

I ended up growing the plant for 4 months then gave it away lol

I’m going to have to get My friend to send me some of his Unicorns cuts lol

I told him to wrap the roots in wet paper towel in a baggy inn a tube and express them . But I would ask here for other suggestions first!

2 Likes

That’s what I usually do, I wrap the stems in wet tissues…these weren’t wrapped so the stem ends were a little dry…so I recut them and put them in water to perk up before I put them in my cloner…these were in an 8 day journey instead of a 2 day journey…

Shipping cuttings/clones this time of the year will take longer because of the holiday season folks…so its probably better to wrap the cuttings in wet tissues…

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to find a short finisher to pair with my long finishing sativa dominant. How do I get my grubby mitts on some of these?

2 Likes

Title grabbed me, bean wondering if you need to do anything special.
Do cuts last longer than rooted in mail? What if you vacuum seal them with aloe wonder if they last but that’s a good deal if 2 day usps works.

1 Like

Yes, cuttings can be put in the fridge for over 30 days and still root…shipping cuttings is way better then shipping rooted clones…

These K2 cuttings were shipped from across the big pond UK to Oak Park, IL. Pink dots are the stems

44 Likes

Try this thread…

Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 5 (Part 7)

3 Likes

Thanks! Much appreciated

1 Like

They perked up this morning and they’re in the cloner…I also had some extras so I put them back in their baggies and shoved them in the fridge.

15 Likes

What’s the cutting in slot #11 (thick branch)?

2 Likes

I wanted to see if a fig tree cutting will root in my cheapo aero cloner and looks like it will work because the bud is opening up…I just don’t grow weed I also have Fig, Calamondin and Lemon Trees, Pineapple etc.

Vegetable Garden 2021

26 Likes

Excellent!

2 Likes

Hey @PhilCuisine, so how did they turn out? Any root beards to show?

1 Like

Yes so far 3 rooted so I gave them to a buddy grower for safe keeping…I’m about to start my SWC/TRON grow with Vietnam Thunder Fuck so I’m basically concentrating on this strain…I’m gonna root the rest of the cuttings in the fridge once I get my SWC/TRON grow started.

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool! So the whole risk of an air bubble in the stem is pretty much BS huh?

1 Like

When I got the cuttings I recut the cuttings before they when in the cloner bromigos.

4 Likes

Whats the latest into flower have u took a cutting with good results
@PhilCuisine

1 Like

Have you ever heard of Intermittent Mist Sandbeds for propagation? Softwood cuttings from figs easily with this method. I have two intermittent mist beds here, and you’d be surprised just how many things you can propagate in em! Just not very good inside (mine are by my shed / garden outside).

Next spring I will try cannabis cuttings in it. Wanted to this year, but didn’t have much to work with at the time. I did get a budding tip from an auto (that was supposed to be photo) manage to root, but not much more after that as it “finished” weeks later.

Nah, I think its a legit concern, but as @PhilCuisine said, cuttings get a fresh cut before going in the cloner. Much like a fresh cut on a christmas tree to remove the sapped over bottom.

I have rooted cuts with pompoms, so a few weeks into flower. But they didn’t reveg very well for me. So much energy going to budding, then the plant needs to make roots, I would make my cuts earlier for sure (that was an accidental break).

2 Likes

I’m taking cuttings at day 18 into flower today .
We will see

Not quite sure how many days in flower…I prefer to take cuttings for shipping during veg cycle because the person receiving them wont have to wait long for it to root…I think taking cuttings in the veg cycle will root faster than cuttings taken in flower cycle…heres my Vietnam Thunder Fuck that I revegged and have been taking cuttings to root for my farmer buddies…

8 Likes

Nice stock @PhilCuisine! Ahhh those bags of cuts take me back…memories of trades, cali-o, genius, Hawaiian indica

1 Like