Cloning help

It’s great to help others , not so great to spread bad advice because that advice just perpetuates because new growers don’t know any better

2 Likes

Did you think the dude was spraying undiluted superthrive on his clones ? His opening statement said he added a few drops. Come on man just realize you didn’t give the best advice and move on, your making this worse than it has to be.

3 Likes

U obviously don’t have anything growing on. How can I block people on here? Really tired of this

Try to make me look bad so you look good? Nice try bud.

As a matter of fact I’m doing some watering as we speak. I rooted these all with super jive :joy:

4 Likes

Pardon that nonsense above lol.

I have another cloning suggestion, just take more than you need. I generally take at least 2 off each lady, shit happens, if it doesn’t want to root another one will. I usually just keep the first one to root and visibly begin growing. Sometimes one will root a week ahead of everything else.

2 Likes

cute you two. now leave me alone.

1 Like

I’m relatively certain those are japanese maples. Notice the leaf shape.

Those are healthy plants, unlike the over fertilized haze plants you grow. Looks like you knkw a thing or two about too much N

Well at 20 days flower I’d say I’m on par to out yeild your haze plants :joy:

2 Likes

You sure seem like you have a lot to prove LOL. I was new to growing once, I know what your going through.

2 Likes

This is awkward. I thought we were more casual, @Farmerjoe420

I love growing your seeds but I can never be exclusive.

3 Likes

People never cease to amaze me :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Well this went downhill fast.

I clone in a little Rubbermaid cloner I built myself. My secret is to use hydroton as a medium. The popping bubbles keep the hydroton moist but encourages root growth.

There are many ways to do it. If I had to do it again I’d have added more sites for plants.

All the best

5 Likes

Straight clay pebbles or do you use a rockwool/similar cube to anchor it in there?

Straight clay. It’s not the most user friendly medium for actual setup (pour it in etc) but I’ve had good results. I’ve considered the neoprene collars but I keep thinking there’s something about the moisture buffer of the hydroton. I’m unlikely to change unless there’s some newly proven magic.

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to build myself a little aerocloner

Does anyone notice that cuttings from clones root more readily than cuttings from seed plants or is that just me?

1 Like

It’s really quite easy

Small Rubbermaid
Air pump
Net pot
Hydroton.
A plastic bag to cover it all.

I’ve been using it for many years.

6 Likes

I haven’t noticed a difference but my numbers are pretty small to draw definite conclusions.

I tend to keep lines alive by taking clones of clones. I lack space and it works better for me.

I dunno I rooted a male seedling clone it seemed to root just as fast as the clone of a clone of a clone. I tossed it in the garbage yesterday.