Cloning help

Sweet, I love all the ingenuity on here!

2 Likes

This is what im setting up for a cloning machine.

the far half for the fish. The closer half for the sisters… I’ve always used flouresents, but I’ve got these cheap leds so in gonna try them on it.

4 Likes

Nah, don’t do that. Make your own!!

I have pictures of my Kitty Litter Cloner. I’ll post some pictures of the bigger one too.

I got these at Amazon

Pump - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B085BSQ4HZ

Net Pots - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B073WJFHQH,

Sprayer Nozzles - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B01IR7IUHM,

Inserts - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B07KHTLWLM,

Fountain Kit - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B00ADY5PJO, all at Amazon. I got the fountain kit because it has several types of connectors for various sizes of PVC/tubing.

This is one of all the pieces, the pail, the pump, (it’s sitting on a piece of Plexiglas I cut to fit the bottom of the pail so the suction cups would have something to attach to), with the 1/2" PVC connector, manifold with the sprayers, the lid, inserts, and net pots. I cut the net part off of the net pots.

The pump connection is a double threaded connector with a threaded 1/2" slip fitting that the stand pipe fits into. That pic is upside down BTW. :slight_smile:

The manifold is 1/2" thick wall PVC. This is important because the sprayer threads won’t bite into the thin wall pipe. The sprayers require a 5/32" hole. I have a tap & dye kit, and I used a 5X0.9 tap for the holes.

This one is of the manifold connected to the pump.

Here’s the lid. I used a 2" hole saw to cut the holes. The holes aren’t lined out real well on this one. :upside_down_face:

And with everything in.

It’ll hold 12 plants, it’s easy to handle, and the design is scalable. For a bigger cloner, you just need a bigger pump, a larger manifold, and more net pots, inserts, and sprayer nozzles.

I use 35% h2o2, KLN, and GH Micro, and Bloom in the cloner. The recipe is here:

Taking Cuttings & The PermaClone Recipe

I hate to buy shit that I can make myself. :slight_smile:

Good luck man!!
:guitar:

11 Likes

That’s awesome man, thanks for sharing. Will that work better than a bubble cloner or similar?

1 Like

Yeah i just rebuilt mine. 1$120 for a damn pump. Did same built pvc manifold and new pump just using the ezclone shell now.

@Badger, I use almost exactly the same setup as @Guitarzan - down to the “net” being cut off the net pots so you can remove the rooted clones without damaging the roots. I use a different (simpler) nutrient recipe, though. But the setup is virtually the same - and I get 100% success out of mine. With results like that, it’s hard to compare it to any other setup, unless you’re comparing price and are willing to pay less for inferior results.

I described my setup here a few months ago:

1 Like

That damn ezclone manifold wont hook to any pump but ezclone. So i got a 880gph pond pump built a better covering manifold than the factory one and it works better now than when it was new for $350
Total cost of manifold build was under $50 including pump.

1 Like

its aeroponic. Will be better than basic bubble. Bubble works on same principal. The bubbles throw water particles on roots. Aero just uses jets and directs it better. Constantly misting or spraying roots. Fresh water and o2. I add air bubbler hose to tank just for extra o2 in water so far aeroponic has given me 100% rooting rates. Even the crap cuts root beards.

1 Like

And i use no nutrients. Cut on 45 lightly rake bottom inch dip in cloning gel set in collar and forget for a week then start lookin for roots. Ive had 100% on just clean phed water about 6.2.

1 Like

This may be the time I have to break down and get a ph meter. I’ve managed great so far without one damn it.

I have a pump that I could use to make a bubble cloner, I’ve been contemplating it.

@Guitarzan I love yours :slight_smile:

are you an Engineer?

all the best

Dequilo

2 Likes

Use peat pucks. Cheap. Easy. Reliable.

3 Likes

I have well water at my op, but I don’t ph water for my aerocloners (or anything else) and I usually get ~100% success rates with my cuts. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

1 Like

I have well water that is hard as stone never had a problem rooting

cutz in a tubbler (aerocloners)

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

Well, I use the term bubble cloner, and aero cloner interchangeably, but I think it’s technically an aero cloner. A bubble cloner only uses air stones? :slight_smile:

Damn. What size pump is that? There’s an 1100 GPH pump on Amazon for $60, and I’d think that’d drive a pretty decent sized manifold.

It can be tricky to get one to fit any pump. That’s where that fountain kit comes into play. I use 1/2" PVC for my manifolds, and there are several sizes of adapters in there. You’ll find one that’ll match up to your pump.

They’re really cheap to build. I had enough spare parts to make the Kitty Cloner, I just needed a pump. I got a 550 GPH off of Amazon for $20.

That Permaclone method is the first thing that’s every worked for me, but there are a many ways to perform an integumentectomy on a feline. :slight_smile: A lot of people use water only, some people just put 'em in a glass of water on a windowsill.

God isn’t the internet wonderful. :slight_smile: Thanks man, but you’d be hard-pressed to find someone more mechanically challenged than me. :laughing: You’ve heard that old adage, “measure twice cut once”? I measure 3 times and still have to cut twice. It’s just that these are really simple to put together it makes me look like I’m on the ball. :laughing:

Us too. My ppm out of the tap is around 96, which is moderately hard. According to the DEQ guy who tested water, our water has an “objectionably high” iron content, so we have an ionizing filter that pulls most of it out.

L8R :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

1 Like

that is me and wood measure 3 times cut once and it still to short

for the life of me if you have an 8 foot board

why can’t you get a 4 footer and 2 - 2 footer?

just saying it is an 8 foot board 4’ +2’ + 2’ = 8’

I let the misses do that kinda stuff

Dequilo

2 Likes

I know our tap water ranges from mid 7s to low 8s. I’ve just been using bottled water, to avoid that.

1 Like

I probably will next time. I got rapid rooter this time. They are expensive.

2 Likes

Yes Siree Bob, Jiffy 7 peat pellets, powdered rooting hormone and a humidity dome.
Consistently over 90% successfully take root.

3 Likes

It was the ezclone 1125 pump for 64 and 128sites. Amazon dont stock it. Third party. Shipping etc. I did like you said. Bought a 880 pond pump for $30 on amazon n home depot the pvc. Already had spare heads for the ezclone

1 Like