Cloning... My final frontier

That I would share interesting how many grow cubes are of the old formula?

https://youtu.be/dHKYm_cs4UE

it says in the video if you are a grodan grower you’re already using the new ones and didn’t know as they switched years ago. to check you can place some cubes in 5.5 water and check the ph again in 10 minutes and it should still be 5.5

2 Likes

I took 110 clones today

9 Likes

Sweet Jesus! Your going to have a jungle going on there shortly!

2 Likes

I already do, it’s a mess, the equipment got held up in customs and I need to transplant. I have been cloning and pruning, tomorrow I will finish . I stretch my moms for the clones, these moms are two months old and are 4ft

10 Likes

In light of @Viva_Mexico doing a giant clone cut my news is rather small but still Important to me , I have a third clone now that has taken root, now I’m feeling good about it. The first one might have been an accidental fluke, the second second was a intentional repeat. But three is a trend, I have a repeatable dirt clone technique. A far cry from the dozens upon dozens I have cut and killed along the way. Two more in dirt waiting for roots and three more sitting in water waiting to go in dirt. Soon I will be trying out some of the other techniques in this thread putting more skills in my grow room “tool box”

8 Likes

Guys do you lift your propagator domes in first 24 light hours? And how high you keep your lamps above propagtor in first days?

2 Likes

No, first 24 hours is with dome.
Depends on lights, t12 or t8 you can put on top.

2 Likes

How about cfls!? And you leave only top leaves and cut all others small branches?

1 Like

its better to take clone like in this picture, sorry for bad pics can’t get better quality. 1 cut - 45 degrees 2 - internode for better rooting.

Or its better to take 1 cut - 45 degrees , 2 - to cut nodes for better rooting. Do I need cut node with no. 3? Or just leave it?

Hope you understand what I want to say, sorry English is not my native language , so its a little bit hard to explain and understand everything in specific terms. Thanks

From that pic, you should have a minimum of four clones. You may be able to get a fifth on off the top,but it’s hard to see.

You can make cuts #2 and #3 a little further up the stalk. That will leave a little stalk above your new veg site, just watch for sickness starting in the next week at the cut point.

Cheers!

2 Likes

As of last night’s check I am up to six cloned plants, I guess it’s the real deal now, 3 days in plain water, another 4 days in dirt= 1 cloned plant

8 Likes

Broke my phone and using a temporary one that has a not so good camera, and out of focus

10 Likes

Better start an FAQ with that type of root development. Bravo!!!

1 Like

That a great job you’re doing there bro! Great cloning skills.

2 Likes

Some day, I’ll take a week and look at all of the helpful tips and suggestions in this post. whew!

Big like.

Thanks OG’ers

2 Likes

The easiest highly successful method I know of for hydro growers requires about $15 in supplies.
a 5 gallon bucket, aquarium air pump and air stone, a styrofoam dinner plate.

Fill the bucket 80% with tap water and run the hose and air stone to the bottom of the bucket.

Poke holes in the styrofoam plate to accept the cuttings. You want them to fit just slightly snug.

After you fill the plate with cuttings simply place on top of the water and you are done. No rooting hormones or humidity dome needed.

8 Likes

The only way to improve your method would be to use an established fish tank with a undergravel filter in tank.
8yrs
100% success
No fancy cutting(r cutting tools),gels , didn’t matter what limb I cut,
Fluorescent fish tank lights are perfect lights for cloning​:blush::v:

2 Likes

Great thread everyone.

fr0g_D

2 Likes

Thanks for the help with my first clones riahgorf_1

3 Likes