Cloning TOO early?

Hello OG’s

I recently took a clone of a CBD Bubba Kush that was fairly young. It was the youngest out of all the plants and wanted to clone them all in one go. After i realized the genetics may not have fully developed . I remember something Jorge Cervantes said if you take a clone it will be a mimic of a plant at THAT stage of its life. It was old enough to clone but will the clone now actually be different from the mother i took it from ? I plan to flower the mother and keep the clone as the next mother and keep doing that but will the genetics continue to develop normally ? It was approximately 3 weeks old having about 6-7 node sites.

Thanks all just curious if i should toss the clone or keep it afterall as on a count limit!

Cheers

1 Like

I’ve cloned early(roughly where you’re at) and noticed no difference between mother and subsequent clone runs…

Stay Hazed,
Jake

keep it…
peace
DS

1 Like

Try to take a clone at optimum health and growth, I prefer the widest stem possible.

I will say that clones can move out of the “stage” of life, but its always best to go with the healthiest clone possible.

1 Like

When I have a plant grown from seed, I usually top+clone in one go, which sounds to be right about where you are. The clones end up starting on the stout-n-branchy side (which I like) but otherwise seem to turn out just like the mums.

2 Likes

Perfect thanks. I figured as much my cousin tried to tell me it wont produce near the same. I’ve usally taken clones longer in veg but just wanted to get this one going and top it like you do aswell to create a nice bushy Nodey plant