Clones during late stage flower

Hey everyone, looking for advice on late stage cloning. Wasn’t planning on taking any clones this grow n got seeds starting 4 the next. Yet after checking in on them there’s two plants that really shine above the rest. It’d b a shame to let them go. Jw if anyone has good luck with it? Or is my only hope to re-veg which I really really don’t want to do.

2 Likes

take the cuttings and put them in a solo cup with some water in them. Set them in a space in your environment with broken light. Change the water every couple days. Roots won’t form in the cups, but should help them revert to re-vegging. After several days (10 or so) put them in soil (use soil for seedlings) and give them 18/6 or 24/0 light until fat little leaves start appearing from the old flowers.

Recently culled four lemon tree/x18 clones successfully taken in that matter. (momma hermed)
Good luck. There are other methods someone is sure to chime in with.

:scorpion:

7 Likes

Cloning in late stage flowering is essentially re-vegging. Doable but takes a lot of time (3-4 weeks to root and grow new vegetative shoots is not unusual).

See also #revegging

4 Likes

@Kalgrae bud sound advice as per usual…
I hope all is well with you, I’ll catch up with you soon my friend…!

Yeah I agree with @LemonadeJoe… you are better off leaving some small popcorn :popcorn: buds n leaves and re-vegging, feeding em grow nutes straight after harvesting most of your bud… it’s actually quite easy @Skiball , that’s what I’d do…
Or stick a damp band aid ( with root gel/whatever.) round a slightly snapped bottom node and repeatedly kp it moist and the stem should throw out some roots whilst still on the plant …
I hope some of this helps bud…
Happy growing ,
Gaz

6 Likes

Thanks 4 the suggestions @Kalgrae @LemonadeJoe @Gaz29. With my bucket ebb n flow re-veg isn’t really n option. With the lava rock wouldn’t feel comfortable transplanting. I could disconnect the buckets but I just don’t want to. Theyre on opposite sides of the tent. Re-veg as is just isn’t happening. That’s awesome with just keeping something wet on the branch it’ll grow roots. I’ve never heard that one b4.

Does anyone know if an airstone in plain water would help late stage clones root a little faster?

2 Likes

Ya I’m just going with what I planned. Put a net pot filled with perlite in a small cup . Using a mist spray bottle will get plenty of air and can easily keep track of water level.

1 Like

I’ve done this around the beginning of this year. Popped the last two seeds of a strain I had and luckily one was female. Completely forgot to take clones until she already had good sized buds on her. Probably 5-6 weeks. Took cutting of some lower branches that had bud on the tops, dipped in clonex, and put strain in soil in my humidity dome. Took about 2 weeks to root and another 2 or 3 weeks for new growth to appear. Once they were pretty well established they grew just like the original plant, but who know what that did to the genetics. Finally flowering a couple of the cuttings so we’ll see how it goes.

The bud at the bottom slowly dried up and shriveled away. Still smelled fantastic though.

3 Likes