(Closed) Sour Diesel Seed Run

Sour Diesel update! All is wedding in Sour Diesel land. Flowers are blooming pollen is dropping heavily from one male and the other 2 males are stacking pod nicely! There are gonna be a litteral Butt load of seeds from these plants.
FYI a Butt Load is an actually unit of measurement :wink:

And here are the boys and girls.

This female was just getting way too tall, so i crushed a few stems and bent the tallest tops over.

64 Likes

I think your thermometer is having a bad day lol

14 Likes

LOL, I am guessing you mean the top reading @Kushking902 . Looks like that is one of those stations so the top reading means it is not connecting to the remote which is usually placed outside. I have the same sort of thing and the outside sensor died. Still getting the inside humidity and temp :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ohhh lol I suppose that makes sense

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly whats happening, I just cut and threw away the remote sensor endā€¦ too many wires and I have no need to know what the outside Temps are

9 Likes

Those girls have some stretch to them :flushed:
I wonder how they would do outside :christmas_tree:

I am so excited for this run you have no idea haha
I canā€™t wait till you can start telling us terps details and giving us bud shots.
Iā€™m literally praying these look, smell, taste, and feel like the old school SourD that used to be around my area mid 2000s

I really think Top Dawgs genetics is my best chance of ever finding it again.
Because of the area they worked and found their stock from. Literally was most likely the source of many of the strains I loved in the 2000s

Like seriously I have not seen nor tasted that awesome lime green, orange haired, rock hard, mid to small popcorn kerneled, sour, gas, let everyone know your holding from the next block over cause itā€™s in your pocket even thou itā€™s double bagged, caught yourself telepathically communicating with the aliens, but still wanted another pull, while you still got shi+ done ALL DAY LONG buds for almost 20 years now.

I just found out that early 2000s was around the same time and area that my favorite sour was being worked and distributed by them.
The original Chem D was actually given to them by Chem Dog himself, and then grown and distributed to the city by Top Dawg.

The actual Sour from back then was called Chem D, but people used to think it was sprayed with something because it had such a unique and chemical/fuel scent. The Chem in the name also made people think it was sprayed, so AJ stared calling it Diesel and thatā€™s how it stayed. At least thatā€™s what Iā€™ve found in my search all these years.

Like I said Iā€™m literally praying, but I have almost no doubt that this is the original Chem D (Sour D) used from the early 2000s it almost exactly the time it was given to him, and the same time it was being sold on the streets. It has to be it.

To top it all off with a nice cherry on top, in a High Times interview with him he was asked.
"HT: Were you on the forums back in the day?
TDS: Yes. I started on Overgrow.

So itā€™s like itā€™s come full circle ! :heart:

I know if someone has never smoked the REAL NYC Sour Diesel before, you are in for a really special treat.

I seriously canā€™t thank you enough @Jinglepot you have no idea what this means to me, let alone how excited I am to be able to finally have this strain available again. If youā€™ve never had it, I canā€™t wait for you to experience her.

And Iā€™m out of likes again ! :rage: Iā€™ll be back thou :grin:

:v: :blush: ā€  :heart:

Edit: I didnā€™t mean to mention the Chem D. I meant the Chem 91 sorry haha

26 Likes

Definitely stoked for these beans as well butā€¦ Chem D and Sour D are 100% two different strains. Chem 91 is most likely the mother of the sour. Up for debate who the daddy is, 3 most likely options are Super Skunk, DNL or just the 91 herming. But, there was Sour Diesel before chem d had even been popped.

10 Likes

I still think based on the time that it was literally just the Chem 91 renamed at some point to Diesel or Sour Diesel.
I donā€™t mean to say there wasnā€™t another Sour Diesel out there, just for me the Sour I remember fits perfectly into the time line and area I grew up.
We only had one Sour here and so Iā€™m hoping these are the true genetics to my area.
And as far as Iā€™ve seen thou Chem91 x Skunk is what I mostly find online to be the Sour Diesels parents.

Iā€™m thinking thou what I had was the Chem 91 that circulated as Diesel in my area. TDS cut of Chem 91 was literally given to him by Chem Dog, or at least thatā€™s what he says, so I donā€™t know why he wouldnā€™t use that actual cut to create a SD strain and or to make the Genetics that Jinglepot now holds.

All I mean to say is this where I live this had to of been the Sour we had as we only had one. And it was passed out by TDG during the same time and area we started getting it here.

5 Likes

Gotcha, yeah, maybe so, Iā€™m not in your area so I wouldnā€™t know what folks were calling Sour D there. Was mostly just confused when you said Sour Diesel was Chem D since Chem D wasnā€™t popped until 2001 and there was certainly Sour Diesel available before that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Iā€™d add as well - having smoked 91, D, and Sour they are all pretty distinctively different imo. Sourā€™s at the very least a more sativa expression of the chem kinda genetics than the 91 or D.

6 Likes

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Thatā€™s a beautiful, beautiful sight for a shadoof like me who was asleep at the wheel and ended up on the overflow list because I missed the initial wiki rush :rofl:

Iā€™m still gonna be on on bended knee praying this works out, but this look like the makings of a proper "to the window, to the wallā€™ orgy for these happy plants. Well done, mate :clap: :clap: :clap:

7 Likes

agree with @api312 i donā€™t think chem d was sour d. either way so excited about this. the true sour of the early 2000ā€™s was amazing. high yielding sativa dom with a great uplifting energetic positive high. so what if you have to go 12 weeks? itā€™s well worth it!

5 Likes

I dont know the entire history of the genetics at all, I was just commenting that the Chem 91 grown out in early 2000s started to be called Diesel by AJ because nobody trusted a strain called Chem D that smelled like a chemical gas. And back then I remember thinking the smell was so crazy. Never had anything but hazes and kushes really in the area till Sour, and of course Piff.

But so thatā€™s what TDS said in an interview.
That he grabbed a Chem 91 from Chem Dog and thatā€™s what they were growing and passing out early 2000s, but AJ started calling it Diesel on the street so it would sell cause nobody trusted it wasnā€™t laced.

Thatā€™s the same time and place I lived when Diesel was first brought to the area (or at least the first time I ever heard or saw it out here)

So just based on that Iā€™m assuming that I was smoking TDS chem 91 as we didnā€™t have both a Sour D and a Chem D to ask for. You just asked for that sour and you got a sour/gas bag of goodness.

So the only thing I do know is that in early 2000s I first found the Sour or Sour Diesel as it was also called.
Thatā€™s the same time TDS claimed they had to change the name of their Chem 91 because people thought it was laced. And I lived in the same place as he did. So as there was only one Sour where I grew up I think itā€™s fair for me to assume that the ā€œSourā€ I personally smoked was TBS Chem 91 cut street named Sour Diesel.

Iā€™m just saying basically the street named ā€œSourā€ Iā€™m looking for I have almost no doubt was the Chem 91 cut TDS used in the 2000s

Wherever you live you may have had a different Diesel. OR you a different Sour, but I grew up down the street from where TDS was distributing back then at the time.

He could be lying, but I can only assume its what I personally loved. And I was never able to try another sour back then. It was all the same. Over the years Iā€™ve had whatā€™s called Sour Diesel, but it wasnā€™t the same as the 2000s Diesel I had.

So I guess one personā€™s Sour is different from anotherā€™s, but Iā€™m pretty sure this strain being grown out for the run contains the genetics of the Sour I know. Only time will tell thou :blush:

Literally a taste test for me is all I need to know haha.

7 Likes

I donā€™t mean to be pedantic man but your memory of JJā€™s interview is wrong. Weasel not JJ was the one who couldnā€™t sell the chem 91 as chem cause of the name so he started referring to it as Diesel (not SOUR diesel) this was in the early 90ā€™s not the early 2000ā€™s. Then, also pre-2000 but later on in the 90ā€™s the cross that would from then on be referred to as Sour D etc came out of an accidental pollination in Weaselā€™s room. So by the 2000ā€™s Sour D from JJ / Weasel would not have been chemdog 91 or Chem D. This info is all easily confirmable in JJā€™s potcast interview as well as on other forums on the net (and probably on OG too!)

9 Likes

Itā€™s taking from this high times interview here.

7 Likes

Yup, so that falls in line with the commonly accepted timeline I outlined above.

3 Likes

I meant to send this one about the name change.
But like I said I donā€™t know the history other then what I read. I could be 100% wrong

7 Likes

I didnā€™t watch that interview. But okay so JJ not AJ decided to call it Diesel ? But Diesel was different from Sour Diesel ? Iā€™m so confused haha

But what you mean is there was a ā€œSour Dieselā€ strain made by Weasel by accident that was being called Sour Diesel, that replaced the Chem 91 that was called Diesel ?

So Chem 91 that was called Diesel was replaced by an accidental pollination by Weasel that he decided to call Sour Diesel even thou the street name of Sour and Diesel was already being used for the Chem 91 ?
What was Weasels cross ?

Somebody in one of these interviews is not telling the truth. Probably for the cred. I donā€™t know who, but now Iā€™m kinda upset.

I really just want to understand. I like knowing history of strains.

6 Likes

Hey, yeah, itā€™s a confusing story for sure - made worse by JJ and others slightly contradicting each other (and their own previous interviews!) in various interviews. That said, it was all along time ago and I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s being dishonest really. I think as simple as I can make it and afaik the lineages go something like this.

1991 Chemdog seeds are taken out of the dog bud.
92/93 JJ and Weasel are selling chemdog 91 in NYC. Some people donā€™t like it being called chem so they take to calling it Diesel sometimes.
95 or so the ā€œoopsieā€ polination in Weaselā€™s room gives birth to Sour D. No oneā€™s certain the dad but the mom was the 91.

So yeah, like you said, there were 2 strains being referred to as diesel. One being chem 91 and then quickly after that the real Sour D was created from the oopsie. But, by the time frame you were referring to (early 2000ā€™s) chem was not being sold as diesel by JJ or Weasel.

9 Likes

Thanks a lot @Jinglepot!!! Awesome giveaway!!! :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

5 Likes

Thereā€™s some great dialog there, im thoroughly enjoying reading and learning from yaā€™s!

10 Likes