Closetgrowth's "Orange Goji" Grow! Seed to Pipe! :)

I’m struggling to give it up. :blush: Too much fun to watch! But I hear ya & have over-intervened in too many seedlings’ emergence.

However, I have heard (some grower podcast) that russet mites can hang out in the nooks & crannies of a seed. :scream: :shower:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

**I like big buds and I can not lie! ** :wink:

11 Likes

I soak mine for 24 hours then in between the sheets most the time I have tails the day after they go in between the sheets.

Besides I like to know ahead of time what I got.

4 Likes

Straight to jiffy pucks for this cat

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with the jiffy pucks!.. Just not into drowning my seeds… seems completely senseless. :relaxed:

4 Likes

There is a whole thread about this you may enjoy…

4 Likes

Not that hard to understand. Soaking really wets the shell, softening it up, making it easier for the seedling to pop.
I have always soaked mine and will continue to do so. The thing I think IS NUTS is the paper towels, see ZERO point in it, LMAO!!!

TO EACH HIS OWN…LIVE N LET LIVE…ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG

3 Likes

Whatever works! In 20

3 Likes

It’s in place of soil. :grin: Just non-humid air & light will kill the baby. The point of the soaking is/was to penetrate old or iffy seeds, as with other treatments(GA). Another reason may be to observe them( but isn’t part of growing them).

I’ve even rooted cuttings in a dish-sponge. Not great; the roots break easily. :blush:

:evergreen_tree: :fork_knife_plate:

4 Likes

Good morning everybody! :wave::grinning:

Gave the Goji’s a 1/4 teaspoon dose of Jack’s 20-20-20 with a single drop of Superthrive, and they responded quite well :smiley:

They really enjoy their lives under a 1000 watt Hps … All Good! :blush:

**Growing like a weed! **

12 Likes

@CLOSETGROWTH ran out of likes on your thread I can’t wait to crack these( as soon as they land lol) I got a mom of holy grail kush x gogi OG by a friend here for the next run
I’ll be watching
Peace

2 Likes

Hello@Papalag :slight_smile:

First time I ever grew this strain. From the looks of things, they should become some pretty nice plants!.. Extremely virile, Top notch genetics Thanks to a stand up Man> @50State. :slight_smile:

They germinated extremely well, and the growth rate has been superior.

I’m fortunate to get the chance to grow this badass strain! … :trophy:

Stick around, and see the magic unfold! :blush:

Please start a thread once the plane lands, or you can post here… I’d like to get as Many “Orange Goji” pics on this thread, as possible.

Have a nice day! Thanks for stopping by… :wave: :smiley:

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see them in action iam going to just add it to my current thread here . I’m new here but have some old friends who talked into coming on board These OGogi will be in my next run So I’ll pull up a chair and roll a joint and watch the show

6 Likes

Good Morning everybody! :smiley:

Got myself a 4 pack of 1 gallon pots …

I figure they might be getting pissed off being in them tiny cups, especially since their growing so fast!..

Will transfer the Orange Goji’s sometime today. :innocent:

This image was from 6 days ago…These beauties exceeded my expectations :grinning:

Here’s what they look like today! :blush:

Hard to beat a 1000 watt High pressure sodium light!.. The intensity is that of an arc welder!! … :wink:

14 Likes

Yep thats about when I up pot myself.

2 Likes

Yah… No reason to put em through hell… They need to stretch their roots, and be comfortable. You take care of them, they’ll take care of you! :wink:

2 Likes

We could hardly believe our eyes! This grow is moving along at a rapid pace!..

12 Likes

Well I germ all my seeds between paper towels as it gives me the first opportunity to cull. i.e when growing 6 plants I might start with 20 seeds that I germinate, from those I choose a dozen or so that are the most vigorous and then they go into peat cubes for a week or two, and then from those I’ll select the best 6 and put them in. If nothing else it just means that you know wich seeds are going to germinate and are the strongest before you put them in dirt.

10 Likes

Orange Goji…?

Hey Gang…
I was just looking through my beans and I see the grower I had traded with included a couple of Orange Goji beans…I prefer growing regs, but not sure what I’ve got here…Just wondering if I have an all or none if I attempt to replicate…Does anyone know the background of this strain? Looking online, I see Bodhi had a Goji OG strain…Looking through our collection of OG stories I also see our good buddy @50State may have some background on this strain…

(Sorry for my ignorance…after poking around for awhile I figured I’d just reach out to
My fellow OG’ers’…)

Thanks…

2 Likes

It was made by @50State, there should be quite a lot of info on the site. They’re regs, fwiw.

5 Likes