Closetgrowth's "Orange Goji" Grow! Seed to Pipe! :)

I have only seen @50State and myself run her, but now that I tagged him, if I m wrong and there are more, he will chime in and say so. He is a man of MANY seeds, and FEW words, LMAO!!!

6 Likes

@StevieG
@oleskool830

Have grown it with pictures and I know a bunch of people got it from my Orange Sunshine f2 givaway maybe they’ve grown it and they can let us know their thoughts on the Orange Goji.

@MadScientist
@Skiball
@dgtxxx
@Gaz29
@cannabissequoia
@Northern_Loki
@Worcestershire_Farms

13 Likes

Out of 2 grows 200 seeds and 20+ strains. It was the most vigorous plant only tied by raspberry og. If someone’s got 10 to trade me hmu.

6 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve got 3 left & they’re all mine. :blush: muahaha

Apparently I’m a generous dumbass & gifted the others to one of my lucky associates…can’t remember who. :thumbsup:

Sorry to disappoint.

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

I love the fade Jet…

1 Like

I hear ya@PoppaPuff … I will never understand why some growers soak their seeds in water…

I just plant em directly into the soil. A little bit of water with a drop of Superthrive, and 4 days later “badda bing, badda boom” :blush:

Ya know, The way people have done it for centuries!.. 99.9% germination rate. Easy peasy! :smile:

Must remember!, Fresh soil, and No ferts!! :wink:

Orange Goji …Growing at a very fast rate!

11 Likes

I’ve never soaked mine. Too lazy. I get probably 85% outdoors

4 Likes

I thought I had some real problems after you said there was germ rate issues with the Orange Goji but that’s bound to happen when you’ve just sent out a thousand of them lol.

I stopped soaking seeds years ago, it’s a real hit or miss technique and the paper towel method can be a crapshoot too. I found paper towel method works better with a rinse of the bag daily and change out the paper towel after 48 hours. The best method is still straight to the soil or jiffy pucks.

12 Likes

Like I mentioned earlier,… If you plant em directly in soil, dont use any ferts whatsoever… They pop out of the soil within 3-5 days.

Giving@50State a solid 5 star rating on the “Orange Goji,” as far as the germination, and growth rate is concerned. Spot on! :slight_smile::+1:

5 Likes

I still soak mine 18 hours, my typical germ rate is over 90% . 18 hours then into soil or coco they go.
You have no germ issues with the OG 50! I have thrown them down twice now, ALL have developed into plants.

5 Likes

I’m struggling to give it up. :blush: Too much fun to watch! But I hear ya & have over-intervened in too many seedlings’ emergence.

However, I have heard (some grower podcast) that russet mites can hang out in the nooks & crannies of a seed. :scream: :shower:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

**I like big buds and I can not lie! ** :wink:

11 Likes

I soak mine for 24 hours then in between the sheets most the time I have tails the day after they go in between the sheets.

Besides I like to know ahead of time what I got.

4 Likes

Straight to jiffy pucks for this cat

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with the jiffy pucks!.. Just not into drowning my seeds… seems completely senseless. :relaxed:

4 Likes

There is a whole thread about this you may enjoy…

4 Likes

Not that hard to understand. Soaking really wets the shell, softening it up, making it easier for the seedling to pop.
I have always soaked mine and will continue to do so. The thing I think IS NUTS is the paper towels, see ZERO point in it, LMAO!!!

TO EACH HIS OWN…LIVE N LET LIVE…ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG

3 Likes

Whatever works! In 20

3 Likes

It’s in place of soil. :grin: Just non-humid air & light will kill the baby. The point of the soaking is/was to penetrate old or iffy seeds, as with other treatments(GA). Another reason may be to observe them( but isn’t part of growing them).

I’ve even rooted cuttings in a dish-sponge. Not great; the roots break easily. :blush:

:evergreen_tree: :fork_knife_plate:

4 Likes