The Bare Necessities

It begins…

G13HP88 Status- Legendary

“This strain is is an IBL line of a 1988 G13-Hashplant (Aka: Mr.Nice), mostly done by NDNguy and friends with the wishes that no one profit from the pure seedline.”

These beans were passed to me with the same wishes.

14 of 14 germinated. 12 were up potted to 4 inch pots.

“And don’t spend your time lookin’ 'round,
For something you want that can’t be found,
When you find out you can live without it,
And go along not think about it,
I’ll tell you something true
The bare necessities of life will come to you.”

@21 days

Using ReikoX identification method it appears we have 4 males and 8 females, From which 2 males were chosen at about 40 days.
Males-

Females-

62 Likes

:grabs Pringles, buckles seat belt, let’s take this ride!
What’s the second pack?

5 Likes

On deck Agent Orange/CaliO

11 Likes

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS! Whoo boy, one of my buddies had the craziest panic attack on some 30%+ Agent Orange, and I haven’t seen it since. I’m really excited to follow along.

6 Likes

They are looking beautiful!

5 Likes

Is there a post about this somewhere? This is interesting

6 Likes

Not sure where the post is, but it’s pretty simple - just switching them over to 12/12 lighting for a few days then back so they start to show preflowers.

7 Likes

and mine were at node 7/8 when flipped for 2 days. So far it looks as though there are 4 males if all holds

13 Likes

Good luck with the grow

4 Likes

Sweet, I got some from scjedi’s preservation. These are looking nice!

6 Likes

Males seem to have a nice peppery smell but that might be me wishing it. Almost all are nice and branchy. The males are both vigorous and full of flowers with a touch of color.

All the nodes are pretty tight so I have backed off on the hours of light to 16/8 as of today.

9 Likes

I have a Valley GHash cross growing right now and also noticed a kind of peppery-basil smell, and I’m increasingly thinking it’s a male from the preflowers… not using it for pollination if so, which is why I’m not switching to 12/12 for even a day to confirm it. :stuck_out_tongue: Pretty sure that by delaying the time I see it happen, I can make it stop happening, right?

5 Likes

This is what clones from some g13 S1 looks like at 12”, those you posted looks very similar. I have No idea what the HP part of the lineage looks like though.
Clones from four separate plants

Edit, found better pics, day I flipped them

18 Likes

Great choices!!
:sunglasses: :+1:

I’ll park it over beside Bare, he’ll make sure I don’t nod off… :laughing:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

This is always a exciting strain to watch grow and it has survived this long thanks to a some truly dedicated people who keep the dream alive
:grin::seedling::droplet::deciduous_tree:

5 Likes

Babies needed shoes…

The extra holes may have allowed more air to the roots…but they obviously went a week or more longer than they should have. It also made it more difficult to up pot., since they were harder to remove Anywho…

And lighting changed to 16/8 for now.

23 Likes

G13HP88 About 7 weeks +/- a day or two

Males

Females- they are only showing a little but they all id females

Weird about the stripes on one pic…lighting level is unchanged and almost the same angle

And confirming here @ReikoX 's observation on sexing that clusters formed in a few days. In my case they were at 30 days and about 8 nodes and the males showed clusters withing 4-5 days of the flip. 2 or 3 days after resuming 18/6

Edit- corrected weeks to 7 weeks after double checking

18 Likes

Another satisfied customer. :grin: They sure don’t seem to have any stress from the two days of 12/12.

11 Likes

Kind of sailed right on thru transplant too in the last week. I am thinking I can give them a couple weeks to get some height. Don’t expect these to stretch a lot. Undecided on topping. Almost 4’ in the flower cab.

5 Likes

Oh man, I almost missed all the goods!

Looks like you’ve been off to a strong start bro! They’re all looking fantastic! Best vibes and wishes to you on finishing it out just the same :wink:

10 Likes