Closetgrowths "Passion Fruit" single seed Grow! :)

5 Likes

Look at the previous picture(roots) and compare to this pic…One day later. These roots are loving the Jack’s!! … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Took a long look/stare at the one and only “Passion Fruit” plant, and in all reality, She honestly turned out decent. Its really not that bad. Ive seen far worse. I though it sucked ass less than a week ago…lol Its amazing how these plants change!.. Especially in Hydro.

I snipped a tester bud from the Passion Fruit in flower, and set it on top of my reflector, and let it fully dry. It really fucked me up!! And tasted superb!!! Not even a cure, …and its still very potent, and the fragrance is out of this world. About a week left, and its coming down… Tip: Dont grow when temps near the 100 degree mark!! lol NEVER AGAIN!!! haha! … On a positive note,… Sure glad I took a clone!.. :+1:

And to the 3 Glass Slippers that didnt make it outside, “Rest in peace” :innocent:

Today, I have that single “Passion Fruit” clone in a Dwc 5 gallon bucket, bubbling away with a powerful air pump, and no stones…

She is extremely happy, and the roots are growing like Mad! She has quickly reverted out of the flowering mode. She has grown new foliage, and is back to “vegging” … Ill post updates.

Ok,… ahhh… I have decided to give all my vegging plants(4 Glass Slippers,5 Dark Devils, and 1 Passion Fruit) 1000 watts of high pressure sodium, and change the light schedule to 20/4 light because of the DD Auto’s… I will leave the auto’s in the veg room until harvest…

The Glass Slippers, and the Passion will be moved into the 1000 watt Hps flowering room on the first of October. Peace :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Well, the only “Passion Fruit” clone is right here, in this here dwc bubbler… And Man, this smoke is really good! Not as good as the Slipper, but something I’d like to keep around…

. It’ll be for me, myself and I… No one wants anything else than the Glass slipper!!! … Kinda sucks, Oh well. I should be growing all Glass Slipper in the first place, but I like the taste, and the effects of different strains. lol

This clone was snipped off the very top of the flowering Passion Fruit plant a few weeks back(due to heighth reasons) Anyways, I just had to have it, even if its in flower

I realize the flowering hormone was kicked in… But, after a little while, the vegging hormone is now back. New foliage is growing on top as I type. Thats why it looks a little funky… Also, the donor plant was in 100 degree temps for quite some time. Its a miracle it pulled through.

Anyways, Looks like hell at this very moment, But watch what happens next! The changes happen VERY fast when growing in hydroponics…

I dumped the bucket this morning and gave this “special girl” fresh tap water and fresh nutes.Only 1/4 teaspoon per gallon in veg stage(Hydroponic formula & Calcium nitrate 1/4 tsp. per gallon), along with a drop of Superthrive per gallon. Thats it!! And when in flowering. its a 1/2 teaspoon of each. REMEMBER> NO SUPERTHRIVE IN FLOWER!! :wink:

For best results, dont start throwing a bunch of things in the buckets! Not this, that, and the other thing!! See it all the time, pretty much everyday… brown roots, and whacked out ph, and generally poor plant health… And please, no hydrogen peroxide, or bleach, or any of that “foo foo” toxic garbage either… KISS is the right way to go! :slight_smile:

Because of the good tap water that ive been importing in from great distances, The ph is rock steady at 5.8… No need to break out the ph up or down. Simplicity at its best! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

EXTREMELY FAST ROOT GROWTH!! :sunglasses::+1:

GLASS SLIPPER ROOTS… Doubt the Passion Fruit will put out roots like this strain… Hey, You never know. Cant hurt trying! :wave::laughing:

5 Likes

Here’s an updated picture of my “Passion Fruit” roots… The roots are starting to poke out out the sides of the netpot…

She has been in the dwc bubbler for only 5 days!

Cant get root growth like this in soil…
:grinning::+1:

2 Likes

Grab my lil 420 scope this morning, and carefully examined the buds… Definetely cloudy trikes with amber … Lil more amber than I prefer. Also, About 75% of the hairs changed to brown. So, I started up the trusty chainsaw(JK) and got busy! :smile:

Probably get around 4 zips dry outta the one “Passion Fruit” plant. More than I ever expected!!! :blush::+1:

Primo bud with a fruit loop smell! …House smells terrific! haha! Best $21 I ever spent! :wave::grinning:

7 Likes

Holy GS rootball!!! :open_mouth:

Passion fruit looks great man and nice yeild. 4 ounces can’t complain. :v:

1 Like

Thank you very much. Its a fairly large pile right now, but after it drys, well you know what happens… Should be right around the 4 zone mark… Its chunky dense bud. Not airy. Ya, What the hell, …Its all good. NEXT!!

:grinning::+1:

1 Like

Bad news!.. The Jacks 5-12-26 Hydroponic formula has been discontinued by the manufacturer!! :neutral_face:

At the moment, There’s an abundant supply of 25 lb bags left throughout the net

They have new nutrient mixes advertised on their site, that I know nothing about…

They were even talking about a “cannabis specific” nutrient back in 2017… But, its nowhere in sight…

I think Bob Peters is letting his son Jack run the show, and by the looks of things, its going downhill. Their webpage used to be an easy one to navigate, not anymore.

Guess I’ll be buying a 25 lb bag… Its still fairly cheap, and a bag that size will last me 10 years, or more… I’m taking the plunge. :grinning::+1:

In my honest opinion, I think its the BEST hydroponic nutrient money can buy!.. :wave::grinning:

3 Likes

Updated “Passion fruit” Dwc root shot… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Major root growth from the Passion Fruit plant…

3 Likes

Man, these “Passion Fruit” plants put out the roots! :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

Noticeable root growth by the day! … Now the plant needs to grow some of them 5 bladed leaves, and I’ll be one happy camper! … :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, I doubt these roots will be as light, or as white as the Glass slipper roots…

Sometimes its just the way it is… Most likely due to the genetics of the plant. Out of all of the strains Ive grown, Nothing beats the GS for its potency, yield, or root color, or root mass.

But, after a while, I get kinda burnt out on the same old strain… Thats the ONLY reason I add a few new “strangers” into the grow rooms …

I cant tell you how many times my buddies tell me to grow the GS, and the GS only,… and leave the rest behind. Its sure is a whole lot easier to monocrop.

1 Like

Now that is some sexy root Pom. Great growth over the last week :v:

1 Like

Hey Thanks Man… Trying to iron out the kinks, and get things back to normal around here. :sunglasses:

1 Like

2 Likes

Well, I imported a bunch of “tap water” the other day, So Im giving the 2 DWC hydro’s a nutrient/water change. … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The roots speak for themselves. In literally 7 days that plant has developed at least 2 if not 3 times it’s root structure :thinking: innnteresting :blush:

1 Like