Closing the Shark's Tank and Political category

Yup, you’re right, but as long as they’re just memes and no political discussion it is still funny and a good way to find out what people think without asking them … :innocent:

2 Likes

What!? There was a provacative Memes thread and I’ve been missing out this whole time!? That thing should be stickied! :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes lol just keep it as decent as possible, no nudes, no hurtful imagery, no threats of violence (all through meme format) but the more odd, the better with those lol

3 Likes

they don’t contribute to our lives, liberties, or per-suites of happiness. It appears as though all they care about is Control. which of the the two sides, A or B get to control Us as a group. what is best for the country or for Us as a people seamed to fade out like a sunset somewhere around the late '60s to early '70s.

regards,

3 Likes

Agree with that, I swear I will flag anything like you mentioned, I’ll be a meme-cop ppl_police|nullxnull , we need humour in our lives, specially now … :mask:

3 Likes

Probably a good move. It’s one of those topics that will only bring negativity and divide amongst the community. Exactly the opposite of the goal.

4 Likes

Totally agree.
This only brings divisions and disagreements among many members, quite the opposite of OG’s goal.
I am of the opinion that you have to know how to behave regardless of where you are.
A big hug

4 Likes

Whew… Glad that’s over , now I can sleep better at night
Good Job man

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=Jaws+shark+in+the+water+captain#action=view&id=5&vid=ce02f48d4dc39a646adcdee3c20c75de

I really like the idea of a cannabis growing site sticking mainly to cannabis related material.

Other conversations are perfectly fine, but having a Politics section specifically invites a whole raft of people who wouldn’t otherwise even join the site (based on my experience at Rollitup).

8 Likes

Hey bro, aren’t you going to miss the memes? box|nullxnull frech|nullxnull

Captura

2 Likes

Almost seems you are smiling over there . aren’t ya? LOL
Nope not a bit. I have you to talk to now.

2 Likes

I became a member of Rollitup beginning in 2006 right after the shuttering of Cannabis World, which I joined after the original OG collapsed. Anyway, RIU was a nice place until the Admin and moderators started to intervene in (moderate) the political forum. Uncle Buck and Rollitup are the same person, and the meddling and so called moderation applied to the Politics forum beginning around 2012 or so, tainted and blighted the entire site in the ensuing couple of years.
The once pleasant website became poisoned with corrosive, divisive political bias, as they began to ban excellent members with whom they disagreed on politics.
In short order they transformed a pleasant, benign cannabis site into a seething, churning cauldron of hate and bile.

I sincerely wish to avoid that same fate for OG 2.00

28 Likes

As I said earlier, this is a new start for me ‘forum’ wise. I belong to no other social media of any sort.

I didn’t leave RIU solely because of Politics, but I can say that I was struggling with those who partook in that section then I saw them post in growing sections.

All I can say is that I found I was becoming ‘tainted’ or even biased against people, even subconsciously.

My vote, as a new user on OG, that getting rid of that cruft will be very beneficial long term for the site.

If people want to discuss what generally always turns into things that aren’t even political, let them do it somewhere else. Not where I hang my growing hat.

I feel those who don’t like the decision will be the ones who are prone to troll and cause problems anyways.

15 Likes

This is a great idea, keep OG focused on growing. Should help to conserve resources on the servers as well.

8 Likes

Agreed (20 characters)

4 Likes

Ahh I think this is perfect and just what everyone needed. Time to get back to the budsss buds.

14 Likes

Well said Mongo.

6 Likes

I support this move! Let this just be about Cannabis! :crab:

3 Likes

I generally don’t browse forums, so I never really stray into political or shark tank discourse except by mistake. I’m here to learn about strains, share pics and info, research a tiny bit about methods and lighting, and I guess I’ll admit I sometimes do inadvertently derail a discussion. Whoops. :innocent:

But I have to thank you @LemonadeJoe for being an apparently reasonable person and a great admin who has created a solid, usable site that encourages sharing and community-building! Please don’t ever get greedy. :slight_smile:

And thanks to the current staff for being generally good, invisible except when needed, and for fostering a community less focused on splashy hype seed companies, ad revenue and monetizing, and more focused on being a resource for the community. Y’all are the site we need and deserve as an alternative to IG, ICmag, BeanBasement, THCFarmer, and RIU.

Thank you! :heart_decoration:

18 Likes