Closing the Shark's Tank and Political category

This is awesome to hear, honestly I find myself here lately more than Facebook and all that other crap, this change is gonna make it nicer than it already was here, this is my escape from the crazy world we live in. I come here and read and read and read I am constantly learning more and more about something I really enjoy.

11 Likes

I for one celebrate the closing of that garbage thread.

I never visited, but like once because I was summoned, after that I decided never to visit again.

Overgrow is not a place to talk shit or to argue about who’s better.

The shark tank was a very low place, not worthy of existence…

Congratulations @LemonadeJoe on the decision.

Gratefully, Sci.

16 Likes

These people ruined it.

:shark:
Glad they’re gone.
:smiley:

3 Likes

we should be flagging sellers who are not sponsors?

2 Likes

I’d like to posit the idea, that there is no place in the entire world that is unmoderated. You can only pop off without repercussions behind the screen of a computer.

This is absolutely true, but there was a third option.

We let a bunch of threads fester and pretended we didn’t know where it was heading. I shut the trump thread because it didn’t even ask a falsifiable question, and didn’t seek to resolve any disagreement. The coronavirus thread should have went as well.

A conversation can be deemed ‘not fit for OG’ and all the relevant parties can be told to pick a different forum for their discussion, without favoring either side.
To quote an intelligent individual without dragging them into it:

There have been significant positive resolutions from having the tank. Guaranteed and provable. It has been an excellent tool in some circumstances leading to longer term positive outcomes for the community as a whole while allowing a certain amount of time to run out the angst.

6 Likes

But where else can I go for inane, pointless political debate now besides LITERALLY EVERYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET?!?? Lol

Good call there’s enough of that bickering out there for people who want it, no need for it here.

10 Likes

I thought the coronavirus thread should of been kept to the Non-Cannabis current events thread right from the start. Basicly we needed to reinforce the rule of not starting a thread for a currently existing topic. So kinda happy that something was done about it. A bit drastic - maybe but change brings innovation as it always has. Should be interesting see where we go from here; to say the least.

Edit*
Just one thing to think about.
Say I was to create a topic called “seed companies that are worthy of breeding stock”. Then added a description of the topic and in it included “only cannabis cup winning strains”.
What would stop another from making basicly the the same topic without the disclaimer of only cannabis cup winning strains. Same topic but different scenarios.
Is it really the same topic? No because you cant move a bunch of posts of non cannabis winning strains to the other topic and call it the same. (I tried to think of better example but i think i made my point). Again just something to think about. Just like when folks doing seedruns/auctions wants to exclude part of the community because they dont fit some the “qualifications” set by the topic creator.

1 Like

never liked the old shark tank so i never bothered looking at this one. i went onto a uk cannabis site after og shut down, its an ok site for those whose face fits, if someone never liked a post the member who posted it could be bullied and drove off the site or banned, mods tended to join in, was like an in crowd thing

3 Likes

Only those offering commercial-scale goods (#trading-post is available for personal “hobby” kind of sales).

7 Likes

Haha finally! I’ve been supporting this for a while. The differences in there carry outside the tank. Even if not in written form. This website is about growing weed and related topics. And we are were a tight knit community. If people want to talk politics I think there is a website or two on the net where u can do that. Cheers for a good call

8 Likes

Looks like the site is evolving nicely…

8 Likes

I agree, this itself is a great thread.,Keep it about the kind.

3 Likes

If I was rolling a joint and you started to talk some political shit, I’m probably going to say, “Bitch, don’t kill my vibe. Change the subject please.” No politics. No religion. Pub rules. Done.
We can’t solve any societal problems on a forum about marijuana. Unfortunately, none of our political revelations can change another person’s mind anymore than you can expect a drug addict to kick because you gave them your most logical and passionate speech. What we can do is continue to support each other in our efforts to heal ourselves and improve our quality of life with Cannabis and the togetherness, cooperation and generosity we have right here. We must protect this house!

14 Likes

it is good that you closed the shark tank and politics they have nuthin to do with growing our plant good move.

5 Likes

I think it was the right decision to close the tank and politics, thanks.

7 Likes

I completely get why you would take down the politics thread. At least here in the US, things are very volatile.

6 Likes

I am Glad that tank is done and gone, good move Joe

5 Likes

“Poooof!!!”… Peace and Harmony returns to the Land!!! No Kumbaya, but certainly feel the Zen. ALL, do be safe and, be well.

8 Likes

@LemonadeJoe @TeamOG

Best growing site on the net just got better :+1:

Thank you guys for all you do here!

I’ll stay out of the show your animal thread as that seemed to be the trigger for my time in the tank :wink:

9 Likes

Oooops! I just saw this today. It’s kool. OK … No politics, no religion, no memes. Hmmm. I am all of a sudden feeling a little insecure. I apologize and will conform to the new administration. Personally, the only friends I have are here. Only cannabis growing. :face_with_monocle:
What else is there anyway?

oleskool830

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::mask:

7 Likes