Closing the Shark's Tank and Political category

You don’t need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows. I’m gonna have to take some time off to process. My intentions were never to diminish the site’s “gravitas”. My nature is to try and bring a smile to people whatever it takes. If I have been an annoyance I am very sorry. I love me my OG. I will “toe the line” in the future.

Blessings…
oleskool

4 Likes

Naw oleskool, I think you are interpreting that the wrong way.

There were numerous battles occurring with folk bringing up controversial topics, which would eventually end-up in the tank when they derail. And, in many cases, it was around the same topics. Covid, anti-vax, etc. And with all the stress this year, as it is, a decision was made to try to keep focus off those type of topics in an attempt to limit discord. As a result, certain controversial topics are moderated a bit more heavily if they come up.

Personally, I felt the tank has it’s place but it is what it is.

You haven’t done anything that I’m aware of to diminish the ‘gravitas’. We’re talking about the persistent on-going battles where there really never is resolution, things tend to deteriorate, and in many cases where there is no right answer. Red vs blue, I’m better than you, etc.

7 Likes

Thanks man. I have no problem with the change. In all candor, I resented the tone of the post by LJ. If memes are not appreciated or off topic discussions between members are not welcome. Then so be it.
A sterile cannabis growing only dialogue could be the leadership’s vision of the future. Time to reevaluate my place here. Nothing is permanent in this life. Thanks again @Northern_Loki. Blessings…
Tim
Aka oleskool

3 Likes

This spells out the expectations pretty clearly @oleskool830

Avoiding a few hot button issues and being friendly (which is all I’ve seen from you) is all that’s been asked, in all reality.

I hope after a nice joint you can see that Joe wasn’t trying to make a sterile forum, as you put it, but instead a place that was not a complete battle ground or a Facebook where lines were drawn and crossed constantly and hate was slung with ruthless and reckless abandon.

My $.02

Stay hazed
Jake

9 Likes

Thanks brother. I appreciate the kind words. I’m moving my shit to Smoker’s Lounge. It’s all love.

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

5 Likes

@Blowingupjake. So I understand the hot button topics, religion, politics etc. But the off topic issues, not so much. Sometimes I will talk to people on my thread about non-cannabis topics. Is that not ok?

3 Likes

No @joker that’s not what he’s referring to… that’s the point I was trying to make with the snippet I quoted… this place would be kind of boring if we were all just reporting on cannabis and not getting to know each other.

8 Likes

Thanks for that. I was like damn. Lol

4 Likes

This is why I like this forum so much.

I oppose censorship of any kind but am absolutely sick of all the politicization of every facet of our lives.

Most of us come here to escape so why can’t we just keep it positive and about things we all enjoy.

10 Likes

I’m mostly here for the chicks. Dudes too if they’re sexy.

Oh yeah, and the members are alright to talk to as well.

19 Likes

This place reminds me of what the internet used to be like, before society imploded on itself and crumbled. Politics and tribalism are diseases ravaging our country and world right and this is a wonderful oasis away from that sickness. I can’t get far enough away from all of it. I’m glad it isn’t a big influence on this forum.

11 Likes

Hey @Blowingupjake. I felt as though some of the post was directed to me. I took it personally. At my age I am hypersensitive to being talked to like I’m a child. I’ve tried my best to be a source of positivity along with some weak attempts at humor. I try and counsel members with illness and family issues and do what I can to bring a smile to folks. My contributions to the welcome page are warm and inviting. As far as politics is concerned, I am a political junky. It’s like sports with dire outcomes. Our family has a rule at family gatherings that religion and politics are off limits so that’s not a problem for me to curtail. I am non confrontational unless it’s to come to a member/friend’s defense from the people you speak of. My primary interest in being here is to learn and hone my craft. Man! I have learned so much! I feel obligated to pay that forward and do. I’ll get over it @Blowingupjake. Possibly I missed some thing but the overall tone of the post was offensive. We expect more from leaders. My mom always told me that it’s not what you say it’s how you say it. It’s all love brother.

Blessings…
Tim
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Theres still some non weed related posts kicking around in the smokers lounge… and we get away with memes in the things that make you go hmmmmm thread!

3 Likes

Hey @oleskool830, just a thought:

It took you five months to find this thread and realize the tank is gone. Five months in which you did your thing and posted in the way you do without team OG interfering or telling you what to do in your threads or elsewhere I suppose?

Might be an indicator that it had nothing to do with you at all. :slight_smile:

Have a good day. :seedling::seedling::seedling:

8 Likes

I’m gonna roll a grenade right in the middle of the gathered crowd!!! Man, you were ALWAYS a True Sage, cranky at times, but ALWAYS a “stand-up guy”. Don’t you dare abandon us, not after getting us addicted to your personality…not now, Bro. I sometimes just bite my tongue at some of the lunacy sprouted by certain individuals, remembering it takes all kinds to make the world go around. PLEASE…don’t go ANYWHERE, you help make OG…PERIOD!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Haha! Good luck; I bet if you took everyone on this site and put them in a room, it’d look like a Magic: the Gathering tournament with more tie-dye and less fedoras.

9 Likes

Excuse me? I’ll have you know that 2 gentlemen offered me a modelling job at separate times. Unfortunately I was very busy and couldn’t go to the private casting at their homes. Also my mom said I;m pretty.

10 Likes

I’ve seen the people at the grow store. Just a hair above Wal-mart clientele lol.

Now that I’m back in the Midwest, I feel like a goddamn movie star at the grocery store just for putting on a collared shirt and regularly shaving.

9 Likes

That offer still stands @anon98152597

3 Likes

Truth to that I was out in Indiana for a bit :frowning: what a trip

6 Likes