Cogitech’s 1st Outdoor Grow

With the compost and stuff you probably won’t need anything else. Maybe a top dress in a few months. :smile:
Sounds great to me!

4 Likes

Today’s photos:

11 Likes

They’re taking off nicely now. Still waiting to put my gsc mom in the ground here it’s been raining endlessly…

Is that a peony in the last pic?

2 Likes

May want to trim their bug ladders off. lol. The scraggly and stuff touching the ground. I’m spying what looks like some fine sativa there, my friend!

3 Likes

Yes, peony. Much bigger than it appears in the photo.

Why don’t you want to plant in wet weather?

Thanks. :slight_smile: I considered trimming some of the low stuff, but I sort of feel like they need as much surface area for photosynthesis as they can get, as the weather has been kinda crappy this past week. I may take a little off the bottoms of the bushier ones and put some more DE down after work.

3 Likes

Well it’s on our sunporch growing pretty nicely anyways, and I’m talking like weeks of pretty much steady rain. She’ll just end up sogged out and splashed with mud and stuff. Gonna toss it outside tomorrow I think.

2 Likes

We got one “big storm” in the past 4 or 5 weeks. It lasted about 15-20 minutes, and I still had to water the gardens.

I guess as long as your container isn’t limiting growth, then there’s no reason to rush putting it in the ground.

4 Likes

Weekend update:

10 Likes

So, that short bushy one (second from left in first photo, 3rd photo full shot) is a boy for sure. Well into showing his balls.

It’s a weird little plant. Way bushier than any of the others, very short, and by far the fastest flowering.

I think I will dig him up and put him in my tent so I can control his pollen drop and decide later if I want to use it. Short and ultra-fast-flowering would be good traits to hold on to if I want to eventually develop an indoor Leb “strain”.

On the other hand, if that’s the only male out of the bunch, do I really want to use his pollen to make more outdoor Leb seeds? I dunno.

3 Likes

Holy crap! The little boy is already dropping pollen!

Way early. I can’t even tell the sex of the others yet. Perhaps this is nature’s way of ensuring his DNA stops here. The girls, if there are any, aren’t even close to ready.

I’m going to dig him out of the ground this evening or tomorrow and move him to the tent. His pollen might be really handy to breed some ultra-fast photo crosses in the future. Honestly, he’s acting like an auto.

6 Likes

Today I confirmed that both of the ACE Lebs are males, so I should be able to collect some decent pollen. Maybe I’ll move them both indoors so the wind doesn’t just blow it all away. I dunno. The one male is a weird little dwarf…

Also, I am pretty darned sure I can see extremely small hairs on the two BH x RSC Lebs. I’ll have to get my loupe out later and double-check that.

8 Likes

I have allot of them in my worm beds there cohabiting with the worm homies provide poo too not to worried about rolley polleys .

2 Likes

So the two ACE Seeds Lebanese turned out to be males and they sure flowered early as ACE claimed.

The two RSC x Blue Hemp Lebanese are females, but I didn’t know they were for sure until a few days ago. So at this rate they will not be done until the end of October at the earliest, which doesn’t give them much chance of success. This is surprising and a bit disappointing, but whatever.

I chopped the main “colas” off the males and brought them indoors. Collecting a good dose of pollen off them and plan to use it for some crosses and also going to try to get some ACE Leb females growing in the tent soon and make some fresh Leb seeds.

6 Likes

Who knows we might have a longer warm season this year, the weather’s pretty unpredictable lately haha

Crazy that the two leb flowered so early and the others so late.

2 Likes

We usually have pretty decent weather out here in the BC interior well into October (no snow till end of Nov or even mid Dec), but it is the night temps that might end up being the limiting factor. I’m not too concerned. It’ll be interesting to see what happens.

It is very odd that these two “strains” of Leb are so different. I can’t make heads or tails of it…

3 Likes

We’ve been dropping to low temps at night as well and it’s too early.

4 Likes

Next year I am going to start mine way earlier.

4 Likes

My Lebanese female finished last year where we are and I made seeds with an early male. I will gladly give you some if you want? It’s a tough go in this neck of the woods :evergreen_tree: The phenos I had looked like they were right from the Bekaa Valley and definitely smoked very mild - just as you have been seeking.

5 Likes

Thanks @cannaloop I might take you up on that offer. My remaining pride is driving me to make my own seeds. Stupid, I know.

Here are the girls. They sure look like Lebs.

7 Likes

Not stupid at all, I get it.
There’s a chance for your girls yet, and they’re a little further along than I thought from your previous post. They may get most of the way before it cools off too much and I can’t guarantee that the plants from my Lebanese seeds would be much further ahead. I wish I had documented it better, but I know that at least one of my females hadn’t started to flower until after August 21st. So there’s variation as usual also. It’s too bad they’re not in pots, so that you could move them into the garage or something when the nights get cold. Maybe you can use the fence behind them to support some kind of makeshift greenhouse/lean-to…? At least at night.
Just see how it goes, as I think you’re going to get further than you think.

4 Likes